Connelly School Of The Holy Child
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (301) 365-0955
Connelly School Of The Holy Child Photo #3 - Coakley Center for Innovative Learning at Connelly School of the Holy Child
Connelly School Of The Holy Child Photo #4 - Innovative Learning at Connelly School of the Holy Child
Connelly School Of The Holy Child Photo #5 - Connelly Commons Cafeteria at Connelly School of the Holy Child
Connelly School Of The Holy Child Photo #9 - Innovative Classrooms at Connelly School of the Holy Child
- At Holy Child, we believe an individualized, challenging, and joyful approach to education creates the next generation of female leaders.
- Connelly School of the Holy Child is a Catholic, college preparatory school committed to the intellectual, spiritual, artistic, physical, and social development of young women in grades 6-12.
- We welcome students and families of different faiths and diverse backgrounds.
- In keeping with the philosophy of our founder, Cornelia Connelly, Holy Child values the uniqueness of each individual and fosters a life of service to others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Coalition of Girls
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
AIMSMDDC (Assoc. of independent Maryland and DC Schools)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||378 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 8|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$34,250|
|Tuition Notes||Book and Activity Fee: $390 Technology Fee Grades 10-12: $490 Technology Fee for Grade 9: $1,300|
|Admissions Director||Meghan Burke Cross|
|Admissions Associate||Lindsay Greene|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Equestrian, Field Hockey,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Archery Club, Best Buddies, Booster Club, Christ Child Society, Environmental Club, Girl Up Club, Girls Give Back Club, Math Club, Mental Health Awareness Club, Speech and Debate Club, Yellow Ribbon Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Acting, Art, Dance, Dance Ensemble, Instrumental Ensemble, Music, Theater Production, Vocal Ensemble
- Holy Child offers a rigorous, innovative, and engaging academic program of studies. With our 7:1 student/teacher ratio, students and teachers develop close relationships that create a supportive environment, and a positive and uplifting school culture. Our unique school culture helps foster optimal learning for each individual ensuring that she will realize her true potential. In addition to dynamic classroom learning, Holy Child encourages students to explore interests like athletics, the arts, clubs, theater, service, and travel. Because of this, our school is made up of athletes that double as cast members in the play, instrumentalists that spearhead service organizations, and photographers that serve as student government representatives. We believe in providing our students with opportunities to try new things, develop their strengths, and reach their fullest potential.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Potomac Grades: K-12 | 837 students
10601 Falls Rd
Potomac, MD 20854
(301) 983-5711 2 K-12
- Bethesda Grades: NS-12 | 713 students
9101 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, MD 20814
(301) 657-4322 4.4 NS-12
- Bethesda Grades: PK-12 | 1101 students
5100 Edgemoor Lane
Bethesda, MD 20814
(202) 537-6900 4.5 PK-12
Amazing all girls school. Creative, committed and empowering. My daughter is valued and challenges everyday.
- Posted by Parent - CH
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.