Connelly School Of The Holy Child
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (301) 365-0955
Connelly School Of The Holy Child Photo #3 - Coakley Center for Innovative Learning at Connelly School of the Holy Child
Connelly School Of The Holy Child Photo #4 - Innovative Learning at Connelly School of the Holy Child
Connelly School Of The Holy Child Photo #5 - Connelly Commons Cafeteria at Connelly School of the Holy Child
Connelly School Of The Holy Child Photo #9 - Innovative Classrooms at Connelly School of the Holy Child
- At Holy Child, we believe an individualized, challenging, and joyful approach to education creates the next generation of female leaders.
- Connelly School of the Holy Child is a Catholic, college preparatory school committed to the intellectual, spiritual, artistic, physical, and social development of young women in grades 6-12.
- We welcome students and families of different faiths and diverse backgrounds.
- In keeping with the philosophy of our founder, Cornelia Connelly, Holy Child values the uniqueness of each individual and fosters a life of service to others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Coalition of Girls
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
AIMSMDDC (Assoc. of independent Maryland and DC Schools)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||90 teachers|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 11|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$32,000|
|Tuition Notes||Book and Activity Fee: $690 Technology Fee Grades: $515 Surface Notebook Fee: $1,355|
|Admissions Director||Meghan Burke Cross|
|Admissions Associate||Lindsay Greene|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Equestrian, Field Hockey,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Archery Club, Best Buddies, Booster Club, Christ Child Society, Environmental Club, Girl Up Club, Girls Give Back Club, Math Club, Mental Health Awareness Club, Speech and Debate Club, Yellow Ribbon Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Acting, Art, Dance, Dance Ensemble, Instrumental Ensemble, Music, Theater Production, Vocal Ensemble
- Holy Child offers a rigorous, innovative, and engaging academic program of studies. With our 7:1 student/teacher ratio, students and teachers develop close relationships that create a supportive environment, and a positive and uplifting school culture. Our unique school culture helps foster optimal learning for each individual ensuring that she will realize her true potential. In addition to dynamic classroom learning, Holy Child encourages students to explore interests like athletics, the arts, clubs, theater, service, and travel. Because of this, our school is made up of athletes that double as cast members in the play, instrumentalists that spearhead service organizations, and photographers that serve as student government representatives. We believe in providing our students with opportunities to try new things, develop their strengths, and reach their fullest potential.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Potomac Grades: K-12 | 837 students
10601 Falls Rd
Potomac, MD 20854
(301) 299-8500 2 K-12
- Bethesda Grades: NS-12 | 713 students
9101 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, MD 20814
(301) 657-4322 4.4 NS-12
- Bethesda Grades: PK-12 | 1101 students
5100 Edgemoor Lane
Bethesda, MD 20814
(202) 537-6900 4.5 PK-12
Amazing all girls school. Creative, committed and empowering. My daughter is valued and challenges everyday.
- Posted by Parent - CH
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.