Our Lady Of Lourdes School
- Students in Pre-K through grade 8 thrive in a nurturing atmosphere that challenges all students to be the best they can be. Exceptional teachers and support personnel create an inclusive school where students of all abilities are valued members of the school community.
- Parents, teachers and administrators partner to ensure that every child receives an outstanding education, and has opportunities to develop skills in the arts and sports.
- Parents, teachers, administrators and students reflect the values of our Catholic faith in the way they treat one another with respect and kindness.
- OUR LADY OF LOURDES SCHOOL RECEIVED THAT 2015 NATIONAL BLUE RIBBON AWARD.
Our Lady Of Lourdes School places among the top 20% of private schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||all|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2015|
|Total Students||308 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(uniforms - navy pants and white shirts and ties for boys, skirts and blouses for girls)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,880|
|Tuition Notes||financial aid available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Patricia McGann|
|Admissions Associate||Aleta Winters|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Drama Club, Homework Club, Newspaper, Writing Lab
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Workshop, Beginner and Advanced Band
- Mission Statement: Our Lady of Lourdes School provides a solid foundation in the Catholic Faith, fosters academic excellence and educates children to be successful leaders who serve the world.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bethesda Grades: PK-12 | 1101 students
5100 Edgemoor Lane
Bethesda, MD 20814
(202)537-6900 0.5 PK-12
- Bethesda Grades: PK-8 | 244 students
5601 Massachusetts Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20816
(301)320-3273 2.1 PK-8
- Bethesda Grades: NS-K | 125 students
4324 Montgomery Ave.
Bethesda, MD 20814
(301)656-5437 0.2 NS-K
- Bethesda Grades: PK-8 | 159 students
6900 River Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
(301)229-5586 2.7 PK-8
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.