- Students in Pre-K through grade 8 thrive in a nurturing atmosphere that challenges all students to be the best they can be. Exceptional teachers and support personnel create an inclusive school where students of all abilities are valued members of the school community.
- Parents, teachers and administrators partner to ensure that every child receives an outstanding education, and has opportunities to develop skills in the arts and sports.
- Enrichment program allows children to explore special interests. Parents, teachers, administrators and students reflect the values of our Catholic faith in the way they treat one another with respect and kindness.
- OUR LADY OF LOURDES SCHOOL RECEIVED THAT 2015 NATIONAL BLUE RIBBON AWARD.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||all|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2015|
|Total Students||293 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(uniforms - navy pants and white shirts and ties for boys, skirts and blouses for girls)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,880|
|Tuition Notes||financial aid available|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Patricia McGann|
|Admissions Associate||Aleta Winters|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Workshop, Beginner and Advanced Band, Drama Club, Homework Club, Newspaper, Writing Lab Art Workshop, Drama Club, Homework Club, Newspaper, Writing Lab, Beginner and Advanced Band,
- Mission Statement: Our Lady of Lourdes School provides a solid foundation in the Catholic Faith, fosters academic excellence and educates children to be successful leaders who serve the world.
Profile last updated: 01/10/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BethesdaGrades: PK-12 | 1101 students
5100 Edgemoor Lane
Bethesda, MD 20814
BethesdaGrades: PK-8 | 480 students
8821 River Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
BethesdaGrades: PK-8 | 269 students
5601 Massachusetts Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20816
RockvilleGrades: PK-8 | 290 students
600 Veirs Mill Road
Rockville, MD 20852
BethesdaGrades: K-8 | 216 students
6900 River Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.