The Lourie Center School Of The Reginald S. Lourie
- The Lourie Center School, established in 1986, is a private school for children with special needs, certified by the Maryland State Department of Education The School serves children from nursery through grade five who have complex emotional and developmental problems which interfere with their ability to learn in a traditional school setting.
- The program runs for 11 months each year to provide continuity of structure, consistency in relationships, educational programming, and ongoing provision of therapies to our students.
- Our students currently come from Montgomery County, Prince George's County and Washington, D.C. The school program combines an educational curriculum with therapeutic services to strengthen children's emotional resources, social capacities, cognitive development, motor abilities, speech and language skills.
- Class size ranges from 6 to 8 children, with a minimum of one adult for three children. Maximum school enrollment is 40 children.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||22 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sandy SpringGrades: K-12 | 10 students
900 Olney Sandy Spring Rd
Sandy Spring, MD 20860
- RockvilleGrades: 3-12 | 43 students
12301 Academy Way Ste B
Rockville, MD 20852
- RockvilleGrades: PK-12 | 98 students
9975 Medical Center Drive
Rockville, MD 20850
- WashingtonGrades: PK-8 | 329 students
1640 Kalmia Road NW
Washington, DC 20012
Nearby Homes for Sale
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.