Redwood Montessori Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (301) 762-2524
At Redwood Montessori Academy, we nurture each child's natural desire to learn, to explore, and to take part in the world.
Our classrooms offer a child-friendly environment with materials designed to reinforce the child's independence and encourage intellectual and emotional development.
Each child is treated as an individual and allowed to learn at his/her own pace.
Through this approach, each child masters essential personal, social, and academic skills.
Our students also develop self-confidence, inner peace, responsibility, and a love of learning.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition depends on age; AM and PM care charges additional.|
- Redwood Montessori Academy provides a safe, stimulating, and supportive educational environment for children. Our students are joyfully engaged in learning and growing through the year. They develop social and personal skills essential to success in the 21st century. They master a wide range of academic skills, often beyond common expectations for their age or grade level.
- Our teachers create a rich environment that encourages exploration and discovery. We give individual attention and guidance. We nurture personal development and teach important social skills. We encourage creativity, curiosity, and critical thinking.
- Our students have made successful transitions to both public and private schools, including accelerated programs, gifted and talented classes, and early admission to higher grades.
- Our parents receive monthly newsletters and progress reports and opportunities to observe their child. Parents get involved as classroom volunteers and chaperones and can lead special projects. School events help parents meet and build connections within the school.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rockville Grades: PK-3 | 119 students
14138 Travilah Rd
Rockville, MD 20850
(301) 309-9532 5.1 PK-3
- Rockville Grades: 6-12 | 60 students
5100 Randolph Road
Rockville, MD 20852
(301) 770-5335 2 6-12
- Rockville Grades: PK-K | 128 students
4500 Muncaster Mill Rd
Rockville, MD 20853
(301) 924-4233 3 PK-K
If you are seeking a small classroom with a classic Montessori approach, this is a good fit for you. Facilities are modest, but teachers are excellent. Science and math are particularly well taught. Two field trips per academic year.Aftercare is adequate. only suggestion would be that the school might add some activities to its Aftercare program. All in all, an excellent school and recommend it highly.
- Posted by Parent - CB
This school is fantastic! Our daughter attended Early Primary and Primary here, and then went to public school for kindergarten. We were so unimpressed with the public school system, we sent her back for elementary school this year. We feel good knowing that she's in a challenging, caring environment, where she's not a number, and where the teachers truly care about her. All the teachers are great - every single one of them. I highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - eeaoc
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.