Redwood Montessori Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- At Redwood Montessori Academy, we nurture each child's natural desire to learn, to explore, and to take part in the world.
- Our classrooms offer a child-friendly environment with materials designed to reinforce the child's independence and encourage intellectual and emotional development.
- Each child is treated as an individual and allowed to learn at his/her own pace.
- Through this approach, each child masters essential personal, social, and academic skills.
- Our students also develop self-confidence, inner peace, responsibility, and a love of learning.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||39 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition depends on age; AM and PM care charges additional.|
- Redwood Montessori Academy provides a safe, stimulating, and supportive educational environment for children. Our students are joyfully engaged in learning and growing through the year. They develop social and personal skills essential to success in the 21st century. They master a wide range of academic skills, often beyond common expectations for their age or grade level.
- Our teachers create a rich environment that encourages exploration and discovery. We give individual attention and guidance. We nurture personal development and teach important social skills. We encourage creativity, curiosity, and critical thinking.
- Our students have made successful transitions to both public and private schools, including accelerated programs, gifted and talented classes, and early admission to higher grades.
- Our parents receive monthly newsletters and progress reports and opportunities to observe their child. Parents get involved as classroom volunteers and chaperones and can lead special projects. School events help parents meet and build connections within the school.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- RockvilleGrades: PK-2 | 124 students
14138 Travilah Rd
Rockville, MD 20850
- OlneyGrades: PK-3 | 148 students
3400 Queen Mary Dr
Olney, MD 20832
- KensingtonGrades: NS-K
3015 Upton Drive
Kensington, MD 20895
- Silver SpringGrades: NS-3 | 180 students
10700 Georgia Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20902
- GermantownGrades: NS-8 | 140 students
15951 Germantown Rd
Germantown, MD 20874
This school is fantastic! Our daughter attended Early Primary and Primary here, and then went to public school for kindergarten. We were so unimpressed with the public school system, we sent her back for elementary school this year. We feel good knowing that she's in a challenging, caring environment, where she's not a number, and where the teachers truly care about her. All the teachers are great - every single one of them. I highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - eeaoc
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.