Primary Montessori Day School
Tel: (301) 309-9532
- The Primary Montessori Day School is a private, non-sectarian, co-educational school for children age two (2) through nine (9) years old (Toddler - Grade 3).
- It is a non-profit corporation, founded in 1998 on the premise that our schools are best in the hands of experienced educators.
- Thirty-four years of teaching the Montessori curriculum provide an extensive practical foundation for meeting the needs of young children and their parents.
- The school is approved by the Maryland State Board of Education.
- The school is accredited by the American Montessori Society (AMS) and recognized by the National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA).
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
International Montessori Council (IMC)
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||119 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,000|
- With constant interaction and problem solving child to child each child is challenged according to his ability. Curriculum is integrated. No subject is taught in isolation. As soon as a child understands a material, he may work on it independently. When he masters a material, he receives a new lesson. The Montessori method provides the opportunity for the child to develop independence, confidence, creativity, self-motivation, responsibility and academic competency. Montessori directives complement the needs of all children, while affording the freedom necessary to preserve each child's uniqueness. Our school is located in a new building in North Potomac. It has been designed specifically for Montessori education. Many months of research has been done in determining the architectural details which provide comfortable, home-like classrooms and an environment conducive to the education of young children.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bethesda Grades: PK-K | 250 students
5615 Beech Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814
(301) 530-6999 7.7 PK-K
- Rockville Grades: 6-12 | 60 students
5100 Randolph Road
Rockville, MD 20852
(301) 770-5335 6.6 6-12
- Rockville Grades: PK-K | 128 students
4500 Muncaster Mill Rd
Rockville, MD 20853
(301) 924-4233 7 PK-K
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.