Primary Montessori Day School
Tel: (301) 309-9532
The Primary Montessori Day School is a private, non-sectarian, co-educational school for children age two (2) through nine (9) years old (Toddler - Grade 3).
It is a non-profit corporation, founded in 1998 on the premise that our schools are best in the hands of experienced educators.
Thirty-four years of teaching the Montessori curriculum provide an extensive practical foundation for meeting the needs of young children and their parents.
The school is approved by the Maryland State Board of Education.
The school is accredited by the American Montessori Society (AMS) and recognized by the National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA).
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
International Montessori Council (IMC)
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||119 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,000|
- With constant interaction and problem solving child to child each child is challenged according to his ability. Curriculum is integrated. No subject is taught in isolation. As soon as a child understands a material, he may work on it independently. When he masters a material, he receives a new lesson. The Montessori method provides the opportunity for the child to develop independence, confidence, creativity, self-motivation, responsibility and academic competency. Montessori directives complement the needs of all children, while affording the freedom necessary to preserve each child's uniqueness. Our school is located in a new building in North Potomac. It has been designed specifically for Montessori education. Many months of research has been done in determining the architectural details which provide comfortable, home-like classrooms and an environment conducive to the education of young children.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bethesda Grades: PK-K | 250 students
5615 Beech Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814
(301) 530-6999 7.7 PK-K
- Rockville Grades: 6-12 | 60 students
5100 Randolph Road
Rockville, MD 20852
(301) 770-5335 6.6 6-12
- Rockville Grades: PK-K | 128 students
4500 Muncaster Mill Rd
Rockville, MD 20853
(301) 924-4233 7 PK-K
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.