- Top Ranked MD School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Enrollment: 884 students
- Average class size: 17 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Charles E Smith Jewish Day School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Maryland for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Independent, Creative, and Critical Thinker
- Exhibits diverse and broad knowledge with the passion and skills for lifelong learning.
- Evaluates ideas and information from diverse sources for validity, relevance, and significance.
- Formulates questions and problems clearly and precisely.
- Reaches well-reasoned and creative evidence-based conclusions and solutions, testing them against relevant criteria and standards.
- Uses information to strengthen comprehension and deepen awareness.
- Exhibits the ability to analyze and synthesize information.
- Displays an innovative and growth mindset.
- Knowledgeable, Engaged, and Passionate Jew
- Embraces pluralism in Jewish life.
- Reads, explains, interprets, and makes personal meaning from a wide range of Jewish texts.
- Speaks, reads, writes, and understands Hebrew.
- Has a personal connection with and nuanced understanding of Israel, its people, history, and culture.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Jewish history and literature and their impact on Jewish life.
- Participates in and builds Jewish communal life.
- Has the skills to engage in Jewish ritual/spiritual practice.
- Effective Communicator
- Reads for comprehension from various literary sources and styles.
- Listens actively to advance understanding.
- Demonstrates a genuine desire to learn and share ideas in a variety of conversations and group discussions through participation and inquiry.
- Speaks in a purposeful manner to inform, influence, motivate, or engage listeners.
- Writes effectively for various audiences and with personal voice.
- Uses technology and digital tools appropriately to explore, research, and exchange ideas.
- Uses oral, written, and artistic forms to express feelings and convey meaning.
- Thoughtful and Reflective Collaborator
- Works interdependently within a group to promote learning, increase productivity, and achieve common goals.
- Respects divergent thinking to engage people of diverse backgrounds and beliefs in thoughtful discussion.
- Seeks and uses feedback from others to self-reflect and adapt ideas.
- Ethical, Responsible, and Compassionate Global Citizen
- Has the skills and social understanding to lead.
- Understands and appreciates identity as a rich mix of national, regional, cultural, ethnic, religious, gender, orientation, socioeconomic, and other factors.
- Shows awareness, respect, and knowledge of diverse perspectives, peoples, places, and cultures.
- Demonstrates a commitment to tikkun olam (social responsibility) through acts of tzedakah (creating a just world).
- Advocates for and has the confidence to stand up for their beliefs.
- Integrates and applies Jewish values in daily life and decision-making.
- Understands and appreciates the foundations of the United States, our democracy, and values.
- Exhibits empathy and compassion toward others.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and care for the environment.
- Focused and Resilient Individual
- Persists to accomplish difficult academic, social, and personal challenges.
- Self-advocates and seeks assistance to overcome difficulties.
- Engages in healthy and positive personal habits and relationships.
- Takes appropriate risks to pursue goals and growth.
- Has a positive self-image and a well-adjusted social, emotional, and spiritual life.
- Successfully employs time-management and organizational skills.
- Exhibits skills and strategies to identify and cope with stress.
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does Charles E Smith Jewish Day School offer?
What is Charles E Smith Jewish Day School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Charles E Smith Jewish Day School?
Endorse Charles E Smith Jewish Day School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards