- In the classroom, on the athletic fields and within our special community of families, Carolina Day School fully engages your smart, curious child.
- With a passion for learning and teaching, nationally trained in top developmental research and brain-based instruction, our exceptional faculty radiates an inspirational blend of compassion and high standards.
- It's simple: bright, bold, curious, well-trained teachers and coaches lead by example and bring out the best in your child.
- We are Asheville's only co-ed, independent day school for grades Pre-K/12, and our Key School is a national leader in transforming students with language-based learning differences into high achievers and confident, capable learners.
- Discover what lies in store for your child at Carolina Day School in Asheville, North Carolina.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-Based - Dyslexia|
|Total Students||639 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||80 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||16 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1248|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Standard Code of Dress)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||As parents, we have both the pleasure and the primary responsibility for finding the best educational experience for our children. Carolina Day School offers financial assistance to help qualified families meet this responsibility. Our financial assi|
|Admissions Director||Debbie Ashe|
|Admissions Associate||Michelle Nailen|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Snowboarding, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballArchery, Baseball,
Basketball, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Our Vision of Education
- Carolina Day School is a leader in educational innovation and a model of excellence for western North Carolina and beyond. Our creative and reflective educators craft a cohesive curriculum in a supportive environment where inquiry, discovery, and learning can take place.
- Inquiry-based Learning
- Building and giving meaning to strong foundational skills is essential and is just the starting point at Carolina Day. Students actively engage in real-world problem solving, project-based learning, service learning, and design thinking projects and activities, which allow them to practice, apply, build, and transfer these important skills in meaningful ways. Our students benefit tremendously from our special blend of teaching methods, curriculum, community, and culture. The CDS faculty practice their craft as artisans of the classroom, mixing their professional experience with research and wisdom to teach each child. There is a shared expectation between students and teachers that everyone will push themselves in many ways to stretch and grow - intellectually, socially, emotionally - and teachers will provide the support necessary to help students face challenges head-on and learn to persevere with confidence. The craft of teaching takes grit, resolve, creativity, patience, and problem-solving. It`s an ever-evolving process of combining the best ingredients for the most successful outcomes. Our families tell us that they value their investment in a Carolina Day education because of our unique combination of highly qualified teachers, innovative curriculum, and our compassionate, friendly community. Simply put, Carolina Day children, adolescents, and young adults alike enjoy coming to school; they think hard, play hard, and celebrate their group successes and personal bests with gusto. Creating a community of well-rounded, engaged, and happy students is our vision and our passion.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BearGrades: NS-12 | 724 students
1390 Red Lion Road
Bear, DE 19701
EadsGrades: 9-12 | 569 students
76 S. Houston Levee Road
Eads, TN 38028