Grades: NS-12 | 111 students
CTC is a State approved, non-profit, school for children with alternative learning styles resulting from relating and communicating disorders.
The school was founded in January 2004 as the first school in NJ to utilize the DIR®/Floortime model.
CTC offers a comprehensive educational program that meets the NJ core curriculum contents standards while offering a multi-disciplinary, developmental approach.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism Spectrum (PDD-NOS), who have Multisystem Developmental Disorder (MSDD), Regulatory Disorder, ODD, OCD, ADHD, Down’s Syndrome, expressive language delay, or mild physical disabilities|
|Total Students||111 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Katie McColligan|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Program After School Program,
- Celebrate the Childrenis one of the first schools to use the DIR® model to fulfill the requirements of the NJ Core Curriculum Content Standards. We are at an important time in the history of education as many people, including public school districts, are recognizing the needs for approaches for special needs children that look at overall development and target documented deficit areas such as abstract thinking, problem solving, independence, self-esteem, emotions, language, and social interactions in a natural and supportive setting.
- On-site classrooms provide a comprehensive education for our students that meet the New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards. These classrooms provide a supportive learning environment for students who are not yet ready to participate in their home district programs or their home districts do not yet offer a program to support their needs. The curriculum incorporates all components of the Celebrate the Children program with a heavy focus on independence, abstract thinking and social skills preparing them for less restrictive environments.
- Parent and sibling training and support include on-site DIR® and behavioral training for parents, facilitated play sessions with siblings, and support groups for both parents and siblings. The goal behind this service is to empower family members with an understanding of the student’s individual profile that will result in positive and meaningful relationships.
- Research projects currently underway: ‘The Efficacy of DIR® Programs in Educational Settings’.
- Developmental Individual Relationship-based Intervention/Floortime™ Model has over 30 years of worldwide success founded by Drs. Greenspan and Wieder. Visit www.profectum.org for more information and training on the DIR® approach.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Cedar KnollsGrades: PK-12 | 65 students
125 Ridgedale Ave
Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927
ParamusGrades: NS-12 | 30 students
777 Paramus Rd
Paramus, NJ 07652
Mountain LakesGrades: 2-12 | 160 students
10 Tower Hill Rd
Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046
RaleighGrades: NS-5 | 438 students
1141 Raleigh School Drive
Raleigh, NC 27607
130 Towne Village Dr
Cary, NC 27513
|5.0 Stars 05/17/16|
Celebrate the Children has changed the lives of my two children and our family in dramatic, positive ways. This school is that needle in the haystack that every parent dreams of, but doesn't believe can exist. The DIR/ Floortime approach is at the heart of this program. It focuses on encouraging children to think and have their own ideas, to be independent and to develop relationships. Simultaneously, the staff builds upon each child's unique developmental and academic needs. The staff at this school is incomparable. Their creativity is boundless. Their determination to find a way to reach each student goes so far beyond anything I have ever seen in my lifetime. They do not just reach the student's , they teach academics, perspective development, empathic thinking and so much more in ways that are uniquely impactful and often exciting. The students become a part of what they are learning. They are either having so much fun, they don't even realize how rich their learning experience is...or they are so drawn into the learning experience, that the learning aspect is all encompassing, often in profound ways. The program as a whole has so much to offer. In addition to the outstanding teaching aspects, recreational learning such as horse back riding, swimming, cooking, baking, boys and girl's clubs, and more are built into the program. An exceptional afterschool program offering a wide array of choices is also available. Families have moved to New Jersey from all of the country and from other countries, to attend this unique and amazing school. We live here in New Jersey, and I count my blessings every day to have been fortunate enough to have been a part of this wonderful school and to have learned from the founders of CTC and and the incredible staff who are forever aspiring to learn even more that they can apply and do everything they can for our children. I highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - Ljkle
|5.0 Stars 05/17/16|
CTC is a wonderful school for special needs kids. There are very few schools using the DIR/Floortime method, which is one of the best for kids with autism. Everyone working at CTC seems to be extremely carefully chosen because of their professionalism and their will to go the extra mile. These kids are truly blessed to be there. I''ve been watching my son and his peers for over 5 years now and I''ve seen clear progress in all of them, including those with severe challenges to communicate and relate. I consider myself a person with very high standards so I would be the first to request a change of school if it wasn't good enough for my child. The leadership - Lauren & Monica - is top-notch and the culture they created inside the school is unparalleled. Here autism might not be cured, but it will be seriously mitigated by all means the current state of science permits so students can really maximize their academic potential.
- Posted by Parent - sshau
|5.0 Stars 05/17/16|
If there is a better school in the world for children on the autism spectrum in particular, and with alternative learning styles generally, I will have to see it to believe it. Our son's life trajectory is changed for all time thanks to these incredibly dedicated professionals.
- Posted by Parent - moore
|5.0 Stars 05/17/16|
Celebrate the Children is a school where professionalism, devotion, love, and respect are rule, not exception. The academic program is tailored to each child's especific needs. The teachers and therapists have very strong foundations in the metodology, and the facilities are an excelent evironment for the kids to grow in all aspects. The kids are exposed to a big diversity of activities inside and outside the school. There are programs after school too. There are training for parents and support groups too. Celebrate the Children has an amazing staff which are constantly doing the extra mile to make the students feel accepted, loved, and proud of their accomplishments. My son has been there for 6 years and I have only the best to say about CTC. What they have given to him is priceless, a foundation of love and pride for the rest of his life.
- Posted by Parent - simon
|5.0 Stars 06/25/13|
Celebrate the Children has a dedicated staff who are up to date on the latest approaches to educating children with special needs. They are able to beautifully integrate this knowledge into hands on experiential learning tailored to each individual child. Related therapies like Speech, Occupational, and Physical therapies are offered both in and out of classroom and the collaboration between teachers and therapists is a strength. They have a lovely art program that exposes the students to many different art forms and artists. We love that this program is process and not product oriented.
- Posted by Parent - rafki
October 20, 2016
Among the many forms which you must complete when applying to private school is something called The Candidate Statement. Here's what it is involved in preparing this document.
October 19, 2016
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
October 18, 2016
Submit your employment application the way a Swiss watch craftsman builds a watch. With precision and accuracy.