New Jersey Private Schools
- There are 1,415 private schools in New Jersey, serving 221,183 students.
- The average private school tuition is $9,668 for elementary schools and $18,518 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 79% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 30% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
A firm handshake, good eye contact, and consideration of others - these are just a few of The Peck School values that contribute to creating one of the most nurturing and inspirational K-8 learning environments in the country.
Our new location, once the Fred Steelman School, in Eatontown, NJ, was built in 1908 and renovated to suit our needs in 2015. Fashioned like a NYC loft, the rooms are spaceous with natural light flooding in, exposed brick and rafters and original wood floors. A warm and welcoming aesthetic is essential to learning. We have just the place.
Each day at Waldorf School of Princeton includes plenty of time for children to move! This is true for every student from Nursery through Grade eight.
At Friends School Mullica Hill we value hands-on learning. We have two science labs; here are two students disecting a flower in one of our labs.
Whether on Campus or visiting Grounds for Sculpture, Rutgers Prep's location in Somerset, NJ means that nature, the Arts, multi-cultural events, and historic treasures impact student instruction every day.
St. Nicholas School - Jersey City PreK3 to Grade 8 Teaching tomorrow's leaders with a focus on tradition, community, and academic excellence. Located in The Heights of Jersey
Chapin School Princeton focuses on Collaborative Learning through STEAM, Arts, Music, and Athletics.
New Jersey Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 23 Schools4,769 Students19% Minority
- 182 Schools31,094 Students31% Minority
- 67 Schools7,795 Students30% Minority
- 82 Schools12,974 Students27% Minority
- 8 Schools940 Students11% Minority
- 13 Schools1,489 Students23% Minority
- 113 Schools18,349 Students51% Minority
- 35 Schools4,417 Students20% Minority
- 63 Schools11,900 Students55% Minority
- 24 Schools1,520 Students17% Minority
- 68 Schools11,670 Students33% Minority
- 121 Schools18,028 Students40% Minority
- 145 Schools21,785 Students16% Minority
- 110 Schools13,019 Students18% Minority
- 99 Schools20,936 Students8% Minority
- 70 Schools12,556 Students37% Minority
- 2 Schools215 Students22% Minority
- 76 Schools10,764 Students31% Minority
- 24 Schools3,360 Students18% Minority
- 95 Schools14,334 Students40% Minority
- 12 Schools1,400 Students23% Minority
November 12, 2017
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
October 24, 2017
There are a lot of misconceptions about private schools. This is probably because private schools are indeed private.
October 24, 2017
When making an important decision that will impact the lives of your children, you need to have all the facts in place. We compiled a list of the most important factors to consider when choosing a final private school for your child.