Top New Jersey Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 1,448 top private schools in New Jersey, serving 223,322 students.
- The average private school tuition is $8,983 for elementary schools and $18,022 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 79% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 30% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
The Peck School Photo - A firm handshake, good eye contact, and consideration of others - these are just a few of The Peck School values that contribute to creating one of the most nurturing and inspirational K-8 learning environments in the country.
Apple Montessori Kinnelon Photo - Nurturing the whole child is the core of all we do. Our mission is to educate, enrich and inspire children to reach their fullest potential as kind, independent, curious and happy individuals. We make the most of the critical early learning years by inspiring a lifelong love of learning in a safe and caring environment.
Golda Och Academy Photo - Located in West Orange, New Jersey, Golda Och Academy is an accredited private independent school, educating students from Pre-K through 12th grade in a flexible and caring environment that nurtures their minds and their spirits. Our mission is to nurture the unique potential of each student through an exceptional Jewish and general studies education.
Apple Montessori School Photo - At our core, we are devoted to nurturing the whole child intellectually, socially, emotionally, physically and ethically all in a caring, safe, and fun environment.
Rutgers Preparatory School Photo - Whether on Campus or visiting Grounds for Sculpture, Rutgers Prep's location in Somerset, NJ means that nature, the Arts, multi-cultural events, and historic treasures impact student instruction every day.
Delbarton School Photo - Old Main, a mansion built in 1880 as the summer residence of the Kountze family, is the centerpiece of Delbarton's 200 acre campus.
Chapin School Photo - Chapin School Princeton focuses on Collaborative Learning through STEAM, Arts, Music, and Athletics.
Friends School Mullica Hill Photo - At Friends School Mullica Hill we value hands-on learning. We have two science labs; here are two students disecting a flower in one of our labs.
Apple Montessori School Photo - Nurturing the whole child is the core of all we do. Our mission is to educate, enrich and inspire children to reach their fullest potential as kind, independent, curious and happy individuals. We make the most of the critical early learning years by inspiring a lifelong love of learning in a safe and caring environment.
Primoris Academy Photo - An independent private school located in Westwood, NJ, Primoris Academy is a vibrant and nurturing environment for advanced learners. We strive to create a joyful learning experience that inspires as well as challenges.
St Nicholas Elementary School Photo - St. Nicholas School - Jersey City PreK3 to Grade 8 Teaching tomorrow's leaders with a focus on tradition, community, and academic excellence. Located in The Heights of Jersey for 130 years. The premier destination for excellent academics in a healthy and safe social environment. Students receive numerous scholarships and high school acceptances to the most prestigious schools in the area.
Top New Jersey Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 23 Schools4,549 Students21% Minority
- 186 Schools31,614 Students26% Minority
- 65 Schools7,140 Students26% Minority
- 81 Schools12,737 Students32% Minority
- 8 Schools971 Students8% Minority
- 13 Schools1,421 Students26% Minority
- 113 Schools18,238 Students54% Minority
- 38 Schools4,673 Students21% Minority
- 63 Schools11,796 Students62% Minority
- 23 Schools1,519 Students11% Minority
- 76 Schools11,539 Students29% Minority
- 125 Schools17,959 Students43% Minority
- 141 Schools21,181 Students17% Minority
- 112 Schools12,161 Students20% Minority
- 105 Schools24,106 Students3% Minority
- 70 Schools12,149 Students53% Minority
- 2 Schools223 Students19% Minority
- 76 Schools10,708 Students24% Minority
- 22 Schools2,929 Students9% Minority
- 97 Schools14,519 Students47% Minority
- 10 Schools1,229 Students22% Minority
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.