Top New Jersey Private Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 1,425 top private schools in New Jersey, serving 217,620 students.
- The average private school tuition is $8,648 for elementary schools and $18,435 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 79% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 30% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
Primoris Academy Photo - In the largest toy drive in Bergen County P.B.A. history, Primoris Academy donated over 50 toys to the Westwood Police Department. Toys were purchased using the net proceeds that Primoris students raised by selling holiday centerpieces they made themselves.
Beacon Christian Academy Photo - Welcome to our Cozy Children's Corner! Your young child will never want to LEAVE this enchanted place!
Waldorf School of Princeton Photo - Imagine what your child can become with The Waldorf School of Princeton!
St Nicholas Elementary School Photo - St. Nicholas School - Jersey City PreK3 to Grade 8 Teaching tomorrow's leaders with a focus on tradition, community, and academic excellence. Located in The Heights of Jersey for 130 years. The premier destination for excellent academics in a healthy and safe social environment. Students receive numerous scholarships and high school acceptances to the most prestigious schools in the area.
Rutgers Preparatory School Photo - Whether on Campus or visiting Grounds for Sculpture, Rutgers Prep's location in Somerset, NJ means that nature, the Arts, multi-cultural events, and historic treasures impact student instruction every day.
Far Brook School Photo - Far Brook's inviting, semi-wooded nine acre campus includes playing fields, playgrounds, and a Schoolyard wetlands habitat.
Golda Och Academy Photo - Located in West Orange, New Jersey, Golda Och Academy is an accredited private independent school, educating students from Pre-K through 12th grade in a flexible and caring environment that nurtures their minds and their spirits. Our mission is to nurture the unique potential of each student through an exceptional Jewish and general studies education.
Voyagers' Community School Photo - Our new location, once the Fred Steelman School, in Eatontown, NJ, was built in 1908 and renovated to suit our needs in 2015. Fashioned like a NYC loft, the rooms are spaceous with natural light flooding in, exposed brick and rafters and original wood floors. A warm and welcoming aesthetic is essential to learning. We have just the place.
Friends School Mullica Hill Photo - At Friends School Mullica Hill we value hands-on learning. We have two science labs; here are two students disecting a flower in one of our labs.
Top New Jersey Private Schools by County (2020)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 23 Schools4,549 Students21% Minority
- 186 Schools31,560 Students26% Minority
- 64 Schools7,054 Students26% Minority
- 79 Schools12,534 Students32% Minority
- 8 Schools971 Students8% Minority
- 13 Schools1,398 Students26% Minority
- 109 Schools17,977 Students53% Minority
- 36 Schools4,338 Students21% Minority
- 60 Schools11,456 Students63% Minority
- 23 Schools1,519 Students11% Minority
- 74 Schools11,384 Students29% Minority
- 125 Schools17,676 Students43% Minority
- 136 Schools20,989 Students17% Minority
- 112 Schools12,165 Students20% Minority
- 104 Schools22,218 Students3% Minority
- 70 Schools12,168 Students53% Minority
- 2 Schools223 Students19% Minority
- 79 Schools10,672 Students24% Minority
- 22 Schools2,934 Students9% Minority
- 95 Schools13,903 Students49% Minority
- 11 Schools1,229 Students22% Minority
The desired result of taking the admissions test, visiting schools and submitting all that paperwork is to receive an acceptance letter. Here's how to handle this part of the admissions process.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.