Top New Jersey Private Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 1,427 top private schools in New Jersey, serving 217,373 students.
- The average private school tuition is $9,336 for elementary schools and $18,452 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 79% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 30% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
Waldorf School of Princeton Photo - Imagine what your child can become with The Waldorf School of Princeton!
Voyagers' Community School Photo - Our new location, once the Fred Steelman School, in Eatontown, NJ, was built in 1908 and renovated to suit our needs in 2015. Fashioned like a NYC loft, the rooms are spaceous with natural light flooding in, exposed brick and rafters and original wood floors. A warm and welcoming aesthetic is essential to learning. We have just the place.
Primoris Academy Photo - In the largest toy drive in Bergen County P.B.A. history, Primoris Academy donated over 50 toys to the Westwood Police Department. Toys were purchased using the net proceeds that Primoris students raised by selling holiday centerpieces they made themselves.
Far Brook School Photo - Far Brook's inviting, semi-wooded nine acre campus includes playing fields, playgrounds, and a Schoolyard wetlands habitat.
St Nicholas Elementary School Photo - St. Nicholas School - Jersey City PreK3 to Grade 8 Teaching tomorrow's leaders with a focus on tradition, community, and academic excellence. Located in The Heights of Jersey for 130 years. The premier destination for excellent academics in a healthy and safe social environment. Students receive numerous scholarships and high school acceptances to the most prestigious schools in the area.
The Peck School Photo - A firm handshake, good eye contact, and consideration of others - these are just a few of The Peck School values that contribute to creating one of the most nurturing and inspirational K-8 learning environments in the country.
Delbarton School Photo - Old Main, a mansion built in 1880 as the summer residence of the Kountze family, is the centerpiece of Delbarton's 200 acre campus.
Top New Jersey Private Schools by County (2020)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 23 Schools4,549 Students21% Minority
- 186 Schools31,560 Students26% Minority
- 64 Schools7,054 Students26% Minority
- 79 Schools12,534 Students32% Minority
- 8 Schools971 Students8% Minority
- 13 Schools1,398 Students26% Minority
- 109 Schools17,977 Students53% Minority
- 36 Schools4,338 Students21% Minority
- 60 Schools11,456 Students63% Minority
- 23 Schools1,519 Students11% Minority
- 74 Schools11,384 Students29% Minority
- 125 Schools17,676 Students43% Minority
- 136 Schools20,989 Students17% Minority
- 112 Schools12,165 Students20% Minority
- 104 Schools22,218 Students3% Minority
- 70 Schools12,168 Students53% Minority
- 2 Schools223 Students19% Minority
- 79 Schools10,672 Students24% Minority
- 22 Schools2,934 Students9% Minority
- 95 Schools13,903 Students49% Minority
- 11 Schools1,229 Students22% Minority
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.