New Jersey Private Schools
- There are 1,406 private schools in New Jersey, serving 219,732 students.
- The average private school tuition is $9,706 for elementary schools and $18,744 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 79% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 30% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
Each day at Waldorf School of Princeton includes plenty of time for children to move! This is true for every student from Nursery through Grade eight.
Chapin School Princeton focuses on Collaborative Learning through STEAM, Arts, Music, and Athletics.
St. Nicholas School - Jersey City PreK3 to Grade 8 Teaching tomorrow's leaders with a focus on tradition, community, and academic excellence. Located in The Heights of Jersey for 130 years. The premier destination for excellent academics in a healthy and safe social environment. Students receive numerous scholarships and high school acceptances to the most prestigious schools in the area.
A firm handshake, good eye contact, and consideration of others - these are just a few of The Peck School values that contribute to creating one of the most nurturing and inspirational K-8 learning environments in the country.
Far Brook's inviting, semi-wooded nine acre campus includes playing fields, playgrounds, and a Schoolyard wetlands habitat.
Our new location, once the Fred Steelman School, in Eatontown, NJ, was built in 1908 and renovated to suit our needs in 2015. Fashioned like a NYC loft, the rooms are spaceous with natural light flooding in, exposed brick and rafters and original wood floors. A warm and welcoming aesthetic is essential to learning. We have just the place.
Whether on Campus or visiting Grounds for Sculpture, Rutgers Prep's location in Somerset, NJ means that nature, the Arts, multi-cultural events, and historic treasures impact student instruction every day.
At Friends School Mullica Hill we value hands-on learning. We have two science labs; here are two students disecting a flower in one of our labs.
New Jersey Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 22 Schools4,786 Students19% Minority
- 181 Schools31,022 Students31% Minority
- 66 Schools7,758 Students30% Minority
- 81 Schools12,887 Students28% Minority
- 8 Schools940 Students11% Minority
- 13 Schools1,489 Students23% Minority
- 112 Schools17,982 Students51% Minority
- 34 Schools4,185 Students21% Minority
- 60 Schools11,297 Students56% Minority
- 23 Schools1,469 Students15% Minority
- 67 Schools11,449 Students33% Minority
- 118 Schools17,431 Students39% Minority
- 139 Schools21,206 Students16% Minority
- 110 Schools12,997 Students18% Minority
- 98 Schools20,889 Students8% Minority
- 68 Schools12,381 Students36% Minority
- 2 Schools215 Students22% Minority
- 76 Schools10,768 Students30% Minority
- 23 Schools3,170 Students18% Minority
- 94 Schools14,321 Students39% Minority
- 11 Schools1,325 Students23% Minority
April 20, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
April 19, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
April 10, 2018
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.