New Jersey Private Schools
- There are 1,453 private schools in New Jersey, serving 224,099 students.
- The average private school tuition is $9,531 for elementary schools and $18,217 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 79% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 30% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
Friends School Mullica Hill Photo - At Friends School Mullica Hill we value hands-on learning. We have two science labs; here are two students disecting a flower in one of our labs.
Chapin School Photo - Chapin School Princeton focuses on Collaborative Learning through STEAM, Arts, Music, and Athletics.
Far Brook School Photo - Far Brook's inviting, semi-wooded nine acre campus includes playing fields, playgrounds, and a Schoolyard wetlands habitat.
Delbarton School Photo - Old Main, a mansion built in 1880 as the summer residence of the Kountze family, is the centerpiece of Delbarton's 200 acre campus.
HudsonWay Immersion School Photo - HudsonWay Immersion School–Mandarin and Spanish Pre-K through Grade 5 Immersion
Waldorf School of Princeton Photo - Each day at Waldorf School of Princeton includes plenty of time for children to move! This is true for every student from Nursery through Grade eight.
The Peck School Photo - A firm handshake, good eye contact, and consideration of others - these are just a few of The Peck School values that contribute to creating one of the most nurturing and inspirational K-8 learning environments in the country.
St Nicholas Elementary School Photo - St. Nicholas School - Jersey City PreK3 to Grade 8 Teaching tomorrow's leaders with a focus on tradition, community, and academic excellence. Located in The Heights of Jersey for 130 years. The premier destination for excellent academics in a healthy and safe social environment. Students receive numerous scholarships and high school acceptances to the most prestigious schools in the area.
Voyagers' Community School Photo - Our new location, once the Fred Steelman School, in Eatontown, NJ, was built in 1908 and renovated to suit our needs in 2015. Fashioned like a NYC loft, the rooms are spaceous with natural light flooding in, exposed brick and rafters and original wood floors. A warm and welcoming aesthetic is essential to learning. We have just the place.
Rutgers Preparatory School Photo - Whether on Campus or visiting Grounds for Sculpture, Rutgers Prep's location in Somerset, NJ means that nature, the Arts, multi-cultural events, and historic treasures impact student instruction every day.
New Jersey Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 23 Schools4,533 Students21% Minority
- 187 Schools31,580 Students26% Minority
- 67 Schools7,639 Students27% Minority
- 82 Schools12,919 Students32% Minority
- 8 Schools971 Students8% Minority
- 13 Schools1,378 Students26% Minority
- 114 Schools17,838 Students54% Minority
- 38 Schools4,673 Students21% Minority
- 62 Schools11,808 Students62% Minority
- 23 Schools1,540 Students11% Minority
- 75 Schools11,980 Students29% Minority
- 125 Schools18,079 Students43% Minority
- 142 Schools21,254 Students17% Minority
- 112 Schools12,367 Students20% Minority
- 105 Schools24,090 Students3% Minority
- 71 Schools12,258 Students52% Minority
- 2 Schools223 Students19% Minority
- 75 Schools10,240 Students24% Minority
- 23 Schools3,200 Students9% Minority
- 96 Schools14,399 Students46% Minority
- 10 Schools1,239 Students22% Minority
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.
We identify changes in The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which impact not-for-profit private schools.