New Jersey Private Schools
- There are 1,396 private schools in New Jersey, serving 218,998 students.
- The average private school tuition is $9,658 for elementary schools and $18,676 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 79% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 30% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
Our new location, once the Fred Steelman School, in Eatontown, NJ, was built in 1908 and renovated to suit our needs in 2015. Fashioned like a NYC loft, the rooms are spaceous with natural light flooding in, exposed brick and rafters and original wood floors. A warm and welcoming aesthetic is essential to learning. We have just the place.
Each day at Waldorf School of Princeton includes plenty of time for children to move! This is true for every student from Nursery through Grade eight.
A firm handshake, good eye contact, and consideration of others - these are just a few of The Peck School values that contribute to creating one of the most nurturing and inspirational K-8 learning environments in the country.
Chapin School Princeton focuses on Collaborative Learning through STEAM, Arts, Music, and Athletics.
Whether on Campus or visiting Grounds for Sculpture, Rutgers Prep's location in Somerset, NJ means that nature, the Arts, multi-cultural events, and historic treasures impact student instruction every day.
St. Nicholas School - Jersey City PreK3 to Grade 8 Teaching tomorrow's leaders with a focus on tradition, community, and academic excellence. Located in The Heights of Jersey for 130 years. The premier destination for excellent academics in a healthy and safe social environment. Students receive numerous scholarships and high school acceptances to the most prestigious schools in the area.
Far Brook's inviting, semi-wooded nine acre campus includes playing fields, playgrounds, and a Schoolyard wetlands habitat.
New Jersey Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 22 Schools4,789 Students19% Minority
- 180 Schools30,690 Students31% Minority
- 66 Schools7,838 Students30% Minority
- 78 Schools12,783 Students28% Minority
- 8 Schools940 Students11% Minority
- 13 Schools1,489 Students23% Minority
- 111 Schools17,982 Students51% Minority
- 34 Schools4,185 Students21% Minority
- 61 Schools11,314 Students56% Minority
- 23 Schools1,469 Students15% Minority
- 65 Schools11,427 Students33% Minority
- 118 Schools17,408 Students39% Minority
- 136 Schools21,115 Students16% Minority
- 109 Schools12,572 Students18% Minority
- 96 Schools20,885 Students7% Minority
- 68 Schools12,385 Students36% Minority
- 2 Schools215 Students22% Minority
- 75 Schools10,733 Students30% Minority
- 23 Schools3,170 Students18% Minority
- 94 Schools14,321 Students39% Minority
- 10 Schools1,292 Students22% Minority
June 07, 2018
If you have the chance to move overseas, don't worry about educating your children. You have several options.
May 31, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
May 10, 2018
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.