Top New Jersey Private Schools
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 1,439 top private schools in New Jersey, serving 221,748 students.
- The average private school tuition is $8,607 for elementary schools and $18,473 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 79% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 30% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
Rutgers Preparatory School Photo - Whether on Campus or visiting Grounds for Sculpture, Rutgers Prep's location in Somerset, NJ means that nature, the Arts, multi-cultural events, and historic treasures impact student instruction every day.
St Nicholas Elementary School Photo - St. Nicholas School - Jersey City PreK3 to Grade 8 Teaching tomorrow's leaders with a focus on tradition, community, and academic excellence. Located in The Heights of Jersey for 130 years. The premier destination for excellent academics in a healthy and safe social environment. Students receive numerous scholarships and high school acceptances to the most prestigious schools in the area.
Golda Och Academy Photo - Located in West Orange, New Jersey, Golda Och Academy is an accredited private independent school, educating students from Pre-K through 12th grade in a flexible and caring environment that nurtures their minds and their spirits. Our mission is to nurture the unique potential of each student through an exceptional Jewish and general studies education.
Beacon Christian Academy Photo - Welcome to our Cozy Children's Corner! Your young child will never want to LEAVE this enchanted place!
Far Brook School Photo - Far Brook's inviting, semi-wooded nine acre campus includes playing fields, playgrounds, and a Schoolyard wetlands habitat.
Waldorf School of Princeton Photo - Imagine what your child can become with The Waldorf School of Princeton!
Apple Montessori School Photo - Apple Montessori provides an unmatched educational experience, offering so much more than exceptional academics.
The Peck School Photo - A firm handshake, good eye contact, and consideration of others - these are just a few of The Peck School values that contribute to creating one of the most nurturing and inspirational K-8 learning environments in the country.
Chapin School Photo - Chapin School Princeton focuses on Collaborative Learning through STEAM, Arts, Music, and Athletics.
Top New Jersey Private Schools by County (2019-20)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 23 Schools4,549 Students21% Minority
- 186 Schools31,614 Students26% Minority
- 65 Schools7,140 Students26% Minority
- 81 Schools12,737 Students32% Minority
- 8 Schools971 Students8% Minority
- 13 Schools1,421 Students26% Minority
- 113 Schools18,238 Students54% Minority
- 38 Schools4,673 Students21% Minority
- 63 Schools11,796 Students62% Minority
- 23 Schools1,519 Students11% Minority
- 76 Schools11,539 Students29% Minority
- 125 Schools17,959 Students43% Minority
- 141 Schools21,181 Students17% Minority
- 112 Schools12,161 Students20% Minority
- 105 Schools24,106 Students3% Minority
- 70 Schools12,149 Students53% Minority
- 2 Schools223 Students19% Minority
- 76 Schools10,708 Students24% Minority
- 22 Schools2,929 Students9% Minority
- 97 Schools14,519 Students47% Minority
- 10 Schools1,229 Students22% Minority
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.