Princeton Day School
- "Princeton Day School nurtures the mind, the body, and the character of each student.
- In academics, athletics, the arts, and service, we celebrate the pursuit of individual excellence and the spirit of collaboration that binds us together as a community.
- We seek diversity of cultures, views, and talents to promote the intellectual growth and moral development of our students.".
Princeton Day School places among the top 20% of private schools in New Jersey for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Institute for Independent Education|
New Jersey Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||960 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||131 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||25 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1410|
|Average ACT score||30|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$34,600|
|Tuition Notes||Upper School tuition|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$15,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Julie Cucchi|
|Admissions Associate||Jeanne Crowell|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Fencing, Field Hockey, Figure Skating, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Fencing, Field Hockey,
Figure Skating, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Program, Theater
Arts and Music Programs:
Many, Music, see website
- Princeton Day School nurtures the mind, the body, and the character of each student. In academics, athletics, the arts, and service, we celebrate the pursuit of individual excellence and the spirit of collaboration that binds us together as a community. We seek diversity of cultures, views, and talents to promote the intellectual growth and moral development of our students.
- Our rigorous and broad PreK-12 program is designed for motivated and academically talented students. We emphasize both creative and critical thought and their clear expression. Supported by an exceptional faculty and a cooperative partnership of school and home, our students discover the joy of learning. They explore their interests, cultivate enduring relationships with teachers and peers, take risks, and thrive.
- Integrity, respect, and compassion are essential to the school's mission. Our students leave Princeton Day School well equipped for college and beyond: prepared to act knowledgeably, to lead thoughtfully, to share generously, and to contribute meaningfully.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hightstown Grades: 9-12 | 564 students
201 S Main St
Hightstown, NJ 08520
(609)944-7501 10.7 9-12
- Lawrence Township Grades: 9-12 | 817 students
2500 Main Street
Lawrence Township, NJ 08648
(609)895-2030 5.1 9-12
- Pennington Grades: 6-12 | 542 students
112 W Delaware Avenue
Pennington, NJ 08534
(609)737-6128 6.3 6-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.