- Top Ranked NJ School
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 551 students
- Yearly Tuition: $58,100
- Acceptance rate: 22%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15 / rolling
Peddie School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in New Jersey for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Amnesty International, Amphion, Best Buddies, Better Beginnings, Book Club, Chinese Culture, Christian Fellowship, Craft Club, Creative Writing Club, Current Events Club, Debate Club, Drama Club, Dynasty, Environmental Club, Fashion Club, French Club, Gender and Sexuality Alliances, Girls Who Code, Gold Key, International Student Organization, Jewish Heritage Club, Junior State of America, Mock Trial, Model UN, Multicultural Alliance, Parikrma Club, Peddie Beekeeping Club, Peddie ESL, Peddie Math Club, Peddie News, Peddie Student Ambassadors, Poetry Out Loud, Project UNIFY, REALMS, Red Cross Club, Spanish Club, Students Supporting Veterans Club, The Daily Dose, Ultimate Club, United Desi Students, Yearbook, Young Democrats Club, Young Entrepreneurs, Young Feminists
- Peddie is an independent, coeducational, college-preparatory school for students in grades 9 through post-graduate. Peddie provides a rigorous academic and extracurricular experience both inside and outside the classroom, focusing on preparing students for a lifetime of learning, citizenship, continual growth and opportunity. With a beautiful campus in Hightstown, NJ, and a distinguished history dating back to 1864, the school prides itself on a curriculum that balances tradition with innovation in a genuinely supportive community atmosphere.
- Rigorous Academics
- With an average class size of 12 and a student-to-faculty ratio of 6:1, Peddie`s rigorous and innovative academic program continues to evolve to meet the demands of an ever-changing world. Peddie`s Research Science program, which combines course work with "real world" summer laboratory experience, and its Asian Studies program, which partners with its sister school in Shanghai, are among several concentrations available through the Peddie Signature Experience Program. Other areas of study include art, creative writing and independent study. Students are regularly exposed to off-campus cultural excursions and high-profile guest speakers to enhance their academic experience.
- Dynamic Faculty
- With a mean of 17 years teaching experience and 86% of teachers holding advanced degrees, Peddie's faculty is recognized for encouraging and inspiring bright and enthusiastic students to reach for new levels of achievement. With enthusiasm, humor and patience, the Peddie faculty challenges students to reach beyond their expectations and to define success by the progress they make.
- Peddie has long been committed to using technology to enhance learning. This year, the school completed construction of the Digital Fabrication Lab, a 3400-square-foot building that houses an engineering lab with advanced fabrication capabilities including a CNC mill, CNC laser, 3D printer and a robotics studio. Every classroom is equipped with an interactive television or whiteboard, and laptop computers are provided to all students and are used in every discipline across Peddie`s curriculum.
- Supportive Community
- Peddie is a boarding and day school, with 62% of students and 90% of faculty residing on campus. Peddie provides a distinctive educational experience in which all students participate in a dynamic and diverse community, exploring new ideas, accepting challenges, assuming responsibility and ultimately and most importantly learning to live independently. In this boarding school environment, students are prepared for the rigors and rewards of college and are inspired to strive for the highest quality of citizenship.
- College Preparation
- Most Peddie students attend selective colleges and universities. The College Counseling Office takes a highly personalized approach to educate students and families about the college process. Students and their families work closely with their counselors to develop a self-awareness that guides each student to find his or her best fit.
- At Peddie, athletics are considered an extension of the classroom, and all students are required to enroll in physical activity classes and to join its 17 sports and 56 athletic teams. Through participation in sports, students learn sportsmanship, discipline, personal integrity, teamwork, time management and perseverance: qualities that will assist them in achieving success throughout their lives. Peddie offers its students access to newly-renovated athletic facilities, including a 35m pool, an 18-hole golf course, a boat house, a state-of-the-art fitness center, indoor and outdoor tracks and more.
- On the stage and in studio classrooms and rehearsal halls, promising young artists learn to tap into their imaginations, to problem-solve, and to communicate in new ways. During the class day, more than 300 Peddie students take part in a diverse menu of electives in music, theater and visual arts. Outside of the classroom, students have opportunities to attend and perform in a wide variety of on- and off-campus arts events. Students at Peddie acquire essential skills, vocabulary and perspective that will shape them into more appreciative and better-informed citizens, sensitive to the cultural landscape they inhabit.
Endorse Peddie School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards