The Lawrenceville School
- Top Ranked NJ School
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 817 students
- Yearly Tuition: $69,420
- Acceptance rate: 19%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15
The Lawrenceville School places among the top 20% of private schools in New Jersey for:
Academics and Faculty
(Collared shirts, respectable dress)
Finances and Admission
- Lawrenceville requires students to take a minimum number of core courses in each academic department. This traditional educational approach is complemented by a rich array of elective offerings. Most of our students take 15 courses per year. Academic advisors faculty members associated with or living in the Houses help students choose their courses each trimester. These consultations focus on the overall degree of difficulty of the schedule, concerns about adjustments to the rigors of the School's curriculum, and commitments to athletic or extracurricular activities.
- How to Apply: While Lawrenceville accepts both the
Standard Application Online (SAO) and the Gateway to Prep
School Application, we recommend using the Gateway
application. Please refer to the Gateway checklist to make
sure you've submitted all required documents for the Lawrenceville
- Official School Reports and Transcripts (current and past 2 years)
- Principal/Counselor Recommendation (current year)
- English Teacher Recommendation (Humanities - English/History/Social Studies/Social Sciences) This can now be completed by teachers in the current or previous year.
- Math Teacher Recommendation (STEM - Math/Science/Engineering) This can now be completed by teachers in the current or previous year.
- Application Fee:
- $50 for domestic candidates
- $100 for international candidates
- Domestic candidates please email our office at email@example.com to request an application fee waiver if you are experiencing financial hardship.
Endorse The Lawrenceville School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards