The Bridge Academy
- The Bridge Academy is a non profit independent school approved by the state of New Jersey for students with language-based learning disabilities such as dyslexia.
- Our special education program serves students ages 8-18 of average or higher intellectual potential and is the only school in New Jersey accredited by the Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practitioners and Educators.
- The school's mission is to empower students with learning disabilities to bridge the gap between potential and performance.
- Bridge Academy uses research-based, classroom-proven techniques taught by experienced professionals to help students thrive in school and achieve academic success.
- Currently 65 students are enrolled from 32 school districts (8 counties) in New Jersey and from nearby towns in Pennsylvania.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||ASAH Private Special Education|
Orton Gillingham Academy of Practioners and Educators
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Diagnosed Language-based, Dyslexia,|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||70 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||4 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$38,421|
|Admissions Director||Susan Morris|
- The Bridge Academy educates and empowers students ages 8 to 18 with learning disabilities to reach their fullest potential through a comprehensive program which is developed around each child's individual needs.
- The Orton-Gillingham approach/technique serves as the foundation of the language arts program utilizing a 3:1 student-staff ratio, while small group instruction spans across the curriculum.
- Multi-sensory teaching techniques are employed to address individual learning styles as a way of establishing a supportive and nurturing environment to foster each student's academic and social growth. We provide a curriculum that includes language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, art, music, physical education/health, computer applications, transitions, speech, counseling and occupational therapy, and the use of technology.
- Students aged 14 and older are enrolled in a Career Orientations class designed to explore school to post school activities including post secondary education, vocational training and career exploration.
- All content area curricula are aligned with the New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards and follow the Federal Individuals with Disabilities Education Act.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cedar Knolls Grades: PK-12 | 53 students
125 Ridgedale Ave
Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927
(973)267-8060 40.4 PK-12
- Mountain Lakes Grades: 2-12
10 Tower Hill Rd
Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046
(973)334-1295 45.6 2-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.