The Bridge Academy is a non profit independent school approved by the state of New Jersey for students with language-based learning disabilities such as dyslexia.
Our special education program serves students ages 8-18 of average or higher intellectual potential and is the only school in New Jersey accredited by the Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practitioners and Educators.
The school's mission is to empower students with learning disabilities to bridge the gap between potential and performance.
Bridge Academy uses research-based, classroom-proven techniques taught by experienced professionals to help students thrive in school and achieve academic success.
Currently 65 students are enrolled from 32 school districts (8 counties) in New Jersey and from nearby towns in Pennsylvania.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 3-12
- Enrollment: 70 students
- Yearly Tuition: $38,421
- Average class size: 4 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Offers Post-Graduate Year
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Diagnosed Language-based, Dyslexia,
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
- The Bridge Academy educates and empowers students ages 8 to 18 with learning disabilities to reach their fullest potential through a comprehensive program which is developed around each child's individual needs.
- The Orton-Gillingham approach/technique serves as the foundation of the language arts program utilizing a 3:1 student-staff ratio, while small group instruction spans across the curriculum.
- Multi-sensory teaching techniques are employed to address individual learning styles as a way of establishing a supportive and nurturing environment to foster each student's academic and social growth. We provide a curriculum that includes language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, art, music, physical education/health, computer applications, transitions, speech, counseling and occupational therapy, and the use of technology.
- Students aged 14 and older are enrolled in a Career Orientations class designed to explore school to post school activities including post secondary education, vocational training and career exploration.
- All content area curricula are aligned with the New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards and follow the Federal Individuals with Disabilities Education Act.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does The Bridge Academy cost?
The Bridge Academy's tuition is approximately $38,421 for private students.
When is the application deadline for The Bridge Academy?
The application deadline for The Bridge Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse The Bridge Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Secrets to Becoming a Great School
Discover the essential ingredients that drive academic success and cultivate a thriving school community.
Keep track of application deadlines as well as all the other aspects of choosing a school.
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.