Orchard Friends School
- Orchard Friends School is a private, nonsectarian school educating children with language-based and other learning differences in grades K through 12.
- OFS is a safe and nurturing environment with small classes (avg 4:1 student teacher ratio), multi-sensory instruction, intensive social skills intervention and speech therapy, as well as occupational therapy.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language-based Learning Differences/Central Auditory Processing/ADD/ASD|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Average Class Size||4 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid available for private pay students|
|Admissions Director||Beth DiPerna, MA, CCC-SLP|
|Admissions Associate||Karen Pentkowski|
- OFS was founded in 1999 in the Moorestown Community House. When that space was outgrown Orchard Friends moved to the original school for Sacred Heart Parish in Riverton, NJ. We serve children who learn differently and spend too much time and effort overcoming struggles of being in a typical classroom and not enough time learning.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PrincetonGrades: NS-12 | 200 students
53 Bayard Lane
Princeton, NJ 08540
- Bryn MawrGrades: 5-12 | 72 students
737 S Ithan Ave
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
- MalvernGrades: PK-12 | 270 students
1777 N. Valley Road
Malvern, PA 19355
- Cherry HillGrades: 1-12 | 222 students
2127 Church Road
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
- AtcoGrades: PK-12 | 225 students
280 Jackson Rd
Atco, NJ 08004
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.