Westfield Friends School
- Westfield Friends School strives to achieve academic excellence and to cultivate personal, social, and spiritual values among students, faculty, and staff.
- Operating under the care of Westfield Monthly Meeting, the School shares, and seeks to impart, longstanding Quaker commitments to simplicity, peaceful resolution of conflicts, integrity, equality, and a continuing revelation of spiritual truth through individual experience.
- Westfield Friends School offers instruction from pre Kindergarten through eighth grade.
- Working in a close-knit environment, the School nurtures the spiritual, emotional, social, and individual growth of its students by developing responsibility and self-discipline for learning.
- The school aims to graduate students who are well organized, self-reliant, respectful of themselves and others, and in possession of academic skills of the highest caliber.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Friends Council on Education (FCE)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
New Jersey Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Support from ESU|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||155 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||See website for tuition for various grades|
|Admissions Director||Jillian Stanton|
|Admissions Associate||Nicole Cesaretti|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Field Hockey, Soccer, Track and FieldField Hockey, Soccer,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Cooking Class
Arts and Music Programs:
arts & crafts
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Golf and Tennis, Yoga
- Founded in 1788, Westfield Friends School develops students to their fullest academic and social potential by focusing on active learning enriched by social values. Westfield provides a nurturing environment that provides a safe space for students to be creative and independent thinkers. Our emphasis on hands-on learning brings academics to life for children and facilitates the joy of discovery that we feel marks a life-long learner.Westfield provides the highest standards in academics while highlighting and guiding the school community with the Quaker testimonies of simplicity, peace, integrity, community, equality and environmental stewardship. As a Friends school, Westfield takes the mission of Quaker education seriously. Every class has service projects, and there are many cross-school initiatives throughout the school year.Westfield nurtures self-confidence. From pre-kindergarten through eighth grade, each class performs on our large stage before an audience of several hundred parents at least twice a year. Westfield students grow up knowing that they can sing, act, deliver speeches, and play instruments in front of an audience and have fun while they do it. Students meet weekly for silent worship, giving the entire community opportunity for self-reflection and for listening to others. In the spirit of the Friends testimonies, the speech of the youngest child is given the same respect as the speech of an adult.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MoorestownGrades: K-9 | 459 students
23 W Prospect Ave
Moorestown, NJ 08057
- Mullica HillGrades: PK-8 | 148 students
15 High St
Mullica Hill, NJ 08062
- Mount HollyGrades: NS-8 | 124 students
315 Bridge St
Mount Holly, NJ 08060
- FlorenceGrades: PK-12 | 349 students
2045 Columbus Rd
Florence, NJ 08518
- Cherry HillGrades: PK-12 | 334 students
5 Carnegie Plaza
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
My boys loved Westfield very much! The teachers are so caring and truly knew them throughout their ten years there. My husband and I both loved that they were academically ready for the prep high school they attended once they graduated. We also feel that our boys are confident and kind, which is unique for kids entering their teenage years!
- Posted by Parent - Diana
This is an outstanding school with a small population of students. Basically, BAD kids don't attend this school, so your child gets the education you want for them. The teachers both command, and deserve, respect from both the students and the parents - they are THAT GOOD!!!! Our public school and its teachers are just not acceptable to us. That is why our daughter attends Westfield - She is Worth it!!!!!
- Posted by Parent - chris
Our children were at Westfield Frinds School for 8 years before we moved out of state. At WFS your children will recieve a very strong classical education and will be taught respect, responsibility, and fairness. Students leave WFS confident and well equipped for any school they will attend in the future. It's truly a very special place. Our children remember it with great fondness and wish they could have spent more time there. Leaving the school was one of the most difficult things I''ve had to do in my life.
- Posted by Parent - susan