Westfield Friends School
- Top Ranked NJ School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Students: 127 students
- Average class size: 11 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
View the Westfield Friends School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Academics and Faculty
(Comfortable and neat)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Chess Club, Cooking Class, Young Zookeepers
Arts and Music Programs:
Arts and Crafts
Recreational Athletic Programs:
basketball, Golf and Tennis, Kickball, Lacrosse, Wiffle Ball, Yoga
- COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families: Westfield Friends School's re-entry task force committee has worked diligently to develop a re-entry strategy that allows for flexibility, transparency, and prioritizes the health and safety of our community. We have prepared the physical campus to support students` in-person learning in this school year 2020-2021 and are working hard at maintaining this level of safety into the new school year. Westfield`s mission shapes our program decisions.
- As a Friends school, we take the mission of Quaker education seriously. We do not seek to indoctrinate any particular set of religious beliefs, but rather over time, we require each child in our school to carefully examine their whole identity: the intellectual being, the emotional being, the social being, and the spiritual being. Therefore, we do not teach any religious classes. Instead, we have built our curriculum in a manner that allows students to experience academics through the lens of those Quaker values with universal appeal: Simplicity, Peace, Integrity, Community, Equality, and Stewardship.
- We've created a warm and nurturing environment that supports academic learning. Students are truly encouraged to be creative and independent thinkers, whether working together on science projects inspired by Leonardo da Vinci, writing their own plays for presentation to the school and parents, or entering regional and international educational competitions. The curriculum extends beyond the core subjects to include enrichment in social studies, science, languages, and the arts. Westfield emphasizes a hands-on approach to learning that brings academics to life for children, whether third graders are following in the founding fathers' footsteps as they tour Philadelphia, or whether mixed groups of students are planting butterfly and vegetable gardens together.
- As well as the focus on education, Westfield works to ensure students are imbued with qualities of responsibility and concern for others and the greater good. Every class has service projects that they deliver and there are many cross-school initiatives that take place every year. These service projects are supported by and participated in by faculty, parents, and students alike. We are a family. Cross-grade interaction takes place all year and the caring connection nurtured between children across the grades is clearly evident to all who visit our school. Parents are involved in nearly all aspects of our daily lives here at Westfield, volunteering their creativity, talent, and time to enhance our programming and teaching.
Endorse Westfield Friends School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards