Westfield Friends School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Westfield Friends School Photo #6 - First Friends Preschool @ Westfield Friends School (2 and 3 year olds)
- While WFS is known for its challengingn academics, the cornerstone of our model is built upon the notion that our students' quality of character what kind of people they are becoming is as vital as their intellectual growth. Westfield provides a nurturing environment and safe space for students to be creative and independent thinkers. Our emphasis on hands-on learning brings academics to life for children and facilitates the joy of discovery that we feel marks a life-long learner. From Preschool through 8th grade, our highly diverse student body grows in knowledge and is filled with the best qualities of mind and spirit: simplicity, peace, integrity, community, equality, and stewardship.
- Our faculty strives to bring out each student's individuality, working to develop creative thinkers, problem solvers, peacemakers, and humanitarians who will contribute responsive and responsible leadership throughout their lives.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Friends Council on Education (FCE)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
New Jersey Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Support from ESU|
|Total Students||132 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Comfortable and neat)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see our website for tuition (varies by grades)|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$9,356|
|Admissions Director||Jillian Stanton|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Field Hockey, Soccer, Track and FieldField Hockey, Soccer,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Cooking Class, Young Zookeepers
Arts and Music Programs:
arts & crafts
Recreational Athletic Programs:
basketball, Golf and Tennis, Kickball, Lacrosse, Wiffle Ball, Yoga
- As a Friends school, we take the mission of Quaker education seriously. We do not seek to indoctrinate any particular set of religious beliefs, but rather over time, we require each child in our school to carefully examine their whole identity: the intellectual being, the emotional being, the social being, and the spiritual being. Therefore, we do not teach any religious classes. Instead, we have built our curriculum in a manner that allows students to experience academics through the lens of those Quaker values with universal appeal: Simplicity, Peace, Integrity, Community, Equality, and Stewardship.
- We've created a warm and nurturing environment that supports academic rigor. Students are truly encouraged to be creative and independent thinkers, whether working together on science projects inspired by Leonardo da Vinci, writing their own plays for presentation to the school and parents, or entering regional and international educational competitions. The curriculum extends beyond the core subjects to include enrichment in social studies, science, languages and the arts. Westfield emphasizes a hands-on-approach to learning that brings academics to life for children, whether third graders are following in the founding fathers` footsteps as they tour Philadelphia, or whether mixed groups of students are planting butterfly and vegetable gardens together.
- As well as the focus on education, Westfield works to ensure students are imbued with qualities of responsibility and concern for others and the greater good. Every class has service projects that they deliver and there are many cross-school initiatives that take place every year. These service projects are supported by and participated in by faculty, parents, and students alike. We are a family. Cross grade interaction takes place all yearthe caring connection nurtured between children across the grades is clearly evident to all who visit our school. Parents are involved in nearly all aspects of our daily lives here at Westfield, volunteering their creativity, talent, and time to enhance our programming and teaching.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Riverton Grades: PK-8 | 326 students
2500 Branch Pike
Riverton, NJ 08077
(856)829-2778 0.4 PK-8
- Cherry Hill Grades: PK-12 | 325 students
5 Carnegie Plaza
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
(856)489-6720 4.9 PK-12
My boys loved Westfield very much! The teachers are so caring and truly knew them throughout their ten years there. My husband and I both loved that they were academically ready for the prep high school they attended once they graduated. We also feel that our boys are confident and kind, which is unique for kids entering their teenage years!
- Posted by Parent - Diana
This is an outstanding school with a small population of students. Basically, BAD kids don't attend this school, so your child gets the education you want for them. The teachers both command, and deserve, respect from both the students and the parents - they are THAT GOOD!!!! Our public school and its teachers are just not acceptable to us. That is why our daughter attends Westfield - She is Worth it!!!!!
- Posted by Parent - chris
Our children were at Westfield Frinds School for 8 years before we moved out of state. At WFS your children will recieve a very strong classical education and will be taught respect, responsibility, and fairness. Students leave WFS confident and well equipped for any school they will attend in the future. It's truly a very special place. Our children remember it with great fondness and wish they could have spent more time there. Leaving the school was one of the most difficult things I''ve had to do in my life.
- Posted by Parent - susan
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.