Voyagers' Community School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (732) 842-1660
Voyagers' Community School Photo #2 - Our toddlers and preschoolers combined efforts to create their Amazing Stew. This is an ongoing project that began in our mud kitchen and continues in our classroom, kitchen and community room. Children are exploring concepts in math, reading and writing while building social skills.
Voyagers' Community School Photo #3 - Our Model UN Team has participated in several events in the Philadelphia area over the last several years. In 2017 you will find them at ILMUNC.
Voyagers' Community School Photo #4 - Our new location, once the Fred Steelman School, in Eatontown, NJ, was built in 1908 and renovated to suit our needs in 2015. Fashioned like a NYC loft, the rooms are spaceous with natural light flooding in, exposed brick and rafters and original wood floors. A warm and welcoming aesthetic is essential to learning. We have just the place.
Voyagers' Community School Photo #5 - Our 6-8 grade students attend our Outdoor School for 9-12 hours each week. These children, armed with waterproof notebooks, science gear and warm outerwear, and accompanied by three teachers, learn in a living lab where they examine specimens, read text, write reflections and findings and apply mathematical thinking to the problems. Their outdoor learning is furthered in their classroom.
Voyagers' Community School Photo #6 - Being outside, where our students climb trees, make mud pies, play football, ride bikes and skateboards, garden and walk and chat with others, is essential to their physical and emotional wellbeing. Every Voyagers' student goes outside everyday. Often teachers use our yard as an additional classroom when the weather cooperates. Students come to appreciate and to care for the nature.
Voyagers' Community School Photo #7 - Senior Class of 2016, 100% 4-year College admissions, 100% academic scholarships awarded. Pennsylvania Institute of Technology, Ringling College, Pratt Institute, McDaniel College
- Voyagers' Community School is... A place where a child can grow and learn as a whole person.
- A place where children can develop thinking and working attitudes that empower them to take over their own growth.
- A place that honors and encourages children's vision, tenacity, initiative, imagination, generosity, and exploration.
- A place that is defined by the bounding level of excitement, enthusiasm, creativity, ingenuity, inquisitiveness and individual and community satisfaction.
- A place that invokes vibrancy and trust among children and adults alike.
- A place where children can find their voice and participate in a democratic community.
- A place where learning is defined by no one and by everyone.
Voyagers' Community School places among the top 20% of private schools in New Jersey for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
Association for Experiential Education (AEE)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / Language-based or Mild Learning Differences, Anxiety, School Refusal|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is indexed. Families pay a tuition that is fair and equitable based on income, assets and liabilities. Tuition ranges from $4,100 - $21,300.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Karen Giuffre'|
|Admissions Associate||Lori Naidich|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Cross Country, Cycling, Golf, Winter TrackArchery, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Model UN, Robotics Team, Technology Team
- Voyagers' Community School is considered one of the preeminent progressive day schools in the region (Monmouth County, NJ). Accredited by Middle States Association, we maintain a strong philosophy and a promise to educate and be educated. Teaching traditional academics in non-traditional ways, we create a learning environment that enables children to excel academically and intellectually while growing socially and emotionally. Innovative, rigorous and unique, Voyagers` is recognized for excellence in the depth and breadth of its science and global studies programs, our Writer`s Workshop and our authentic and serious approach to learning joyfully. We are We introduce both standard and non-standard curriculum through engaged, hands-on exploration in a warm and strong learning community. Our STEAM Lab Is ever growing in size and in advancements, with state of the art equipment added constantly. Have a closer look into this extraordinary school, browse our website.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cream Ridge Grades: 6-12 | 50 students
73 Holmes Mill Road
Cream Ridge, NJ 08514
(609) 738-2121 28.9 6-12
- Rumson Grades: PK-8 | 409 students
35 Bellevue Avenue
Rumson, NJ 07760
(732) 842-0527 4.4 PK-8
- Absecon Grades: PK-8 | 57 students
51 N Shore Rd
Absecon, NJ 08201
(609) 652-9500 65.4 PK-8
I am so thankful for Voyagers's Community School! My son started in the Outdoor School (Middle School) and is now in the High School. He is not a "typical" learner and Voyagers has the flexibility and willingness to ensure a true differentiated educational experience to all students. Voyagers dedicated and caring teachers and staff provide project-based, stimulating curriculum in a safe learning environment. Their commitment to the success of every child is unsurpassed.
- Posted by Parent - Miriam Solondz
I am so glad my children go to the Voyagers' Community School. My 9-year-old and 4-year-old love school are more than ever. My 9-year-old is much happier since transferring to Voyagers'. Her confidence and spirit have grown so much. There's something really special about Voyagers' Community School, it is much more than just a school. It is a community. It is a family. It is a home away from home. I am so happy to see my girls learning and growing there. And that we are part of the Voyagers' family. I would recommend it to anyone looking for better learning and life experience for their children.
- Posted by Parent - Jennifer Marmorato
I am so glad to have found Voyagers'. Many schools claim to be project-based, student-led or teach students at their level, but this school actually does these things- and it works! My daughter is more confident, curious, and enthusiastic about learning than ever. The kids spend a ton of time outdoors, the teachers are very involved, and there is a zero-bullying policy that is truly upheld. Great job Voyagers'!
- Posted by Parent - JPGS
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?