Oak Hill Academy
5.00 (3 reviews)
Oak Hill Academy Photo #2 - Mr. Joseph A. Pacelli, Headmaster and Founder of Oak Hill Academy. http://www.oakhillacademy.com/about-oha/meet-our-headmaster
Oak Hill Academy Photo #3 - Scire Student Activities Center (SAC) is home to our computer, language and distance learning classrooms as well as our auditorium and both indoor and outdoor stages. http://www.oakhillacademy.com/scire-student-activities-center
Oak Hill Academy Photo #4 - Library / Arts building houses the Library, Art, Drama and Music rooms off of the gym. http://www.oakhillacademy.com/fine-arts
Oak Hill Academy Photo #5 - Oak Hill Academy has an indoor climate controlled natatorium as part of it's physical education curriculum.
- Oak Hill Academy is a nonsectarian, nonprofit, independent elementary school for girls and boys in grades pre-kindergarten through eight as well as the Socrates School (9-12) opening in the Fall of 2020.
- Oak Hill believes that all children have an instinctive need to learn, a natural curiosity, and a desire to do work of significance.
- Our intention is to combine the strongest possible academic atmosphere with a supportive, caring environment in an effort to develop self-confident, motivated students who have a love of learning.
- Our programs are designed to meet the individual needs and unique learning style of each student.
- Each child is an active participant in a learning process which stresses real-world connections and interdisciplinary experiences.
- Graduates leave Oak Hill Academy with a positive sense of self, a consideration for others, and a commitment to life-long learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
New Jersey Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Literacy Plus Program|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||273 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(dress shoes, slacks, skirt, shirt, tie (boys), sweater)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,100|
|Tuition Notes||monthly payment plan available tuition assistance available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$8,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Christina Larkins|
|Admissions Associate||Peter Bruckmann|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, TennisBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||22 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
art club, chess club, Chinese Club, computer club, french club, Homework Club, literary magazine, math olympiads, math team, mind games, Model UN Club, nature club, puppetry club, spanish club, student council, yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
chorus, drama club, forensics, improv club, school band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
physical education/fitness club
- Oak Hill Academy is a nonsectarian, nonprofit, independent elementary school for girls and boys in grades pre-kindergarten through eight. Oak Hill believes that all children have an instinctive need to learn, a natural curiosity, and a desire to do work of significance. Our intention is to combine the strongest possible academic atmosphere with a supportive, caring environment in an effort to develop self-confident, motivated students who have a love of learning. Our programs are designed to meet the individual needs and unique learning style of each student. Each child is an active participant in a learning process which stresses real-world connections and interdisciplinary experiences. Graduates leave Oak Hill Academy with a positive sense of self, a consideration for others, and a commitment to life-long learning.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rumson Grades: NS-8 | 406 students
35 Bellevue Avenue
Rumson, NJ 07760
(732)842-0527 6.1 NS-8
- Sea Girt Grades: NS-8 | 220 students
2135 Highway 35
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
(732)449-4747 14.5 NS-8
We left a very affluent town with supposedly "great" public schools in Monmouth County after we hit rock bottom (27 kids in a class, children with behavioral issues, etc) Oak Hill Academy was the change and environment my children craved. Best decision we ever made. It is cool to be smart here. Trying your best and working hard to be your best in a nurturing environment is priceless. Strong curriculum in all subjects including the arts, music, computer labs, and facilities are outstanding! The science building/classrooms and labs are incomparable. After school clubs, sports, and HW club was wonderful. Teachers available until 4pm, sometimes later! Oak Hill will always hold a special place in our hearts. This is where my children gained confidence and were challenged to be the best they can be. I wished we came here sooner.
- Posted by Parent - Kyrajoy
I currently have three children enrolled at Oak Hill Academy and I have had children in the school for the past 6 years. I have experienced the pre kindergarten through middle school curriculum as a parent. Each of my children has very different strengths, challenges and academic learning styles, but all are doing well at OHA. It is a very academic environment and a lot is required of students, especially in middle school. However, given the small class sizes, teachers are always available for extra help and are great at keeping lines of communication open to the parents. The school also has a large number of extra curricular activities, both academic as well as athletic, and generally have teams that achieve good results. For example, the students who participate in the math clubs are well prepared for the competitions and have continually placed in the top of the rankings. I highly recommend Oak Hill Academy to families looking to provide their children with an academically enriching experience and opportunities to explore many different subjects and extra curricular activities.
- Posted by Parent - Student parent
If you live in Monmouth County, New Jersey and you`re looking into schools for your child, chances are you`ve heard of Oak Hill Academy. The school has a great reputation for being strong in academics. But Oak Hill Academy also offers a full roster of classes and extracurricular activities in the Arts. Music, Drama, Visual Art; Computer Club, Languages, Science clubs, camps; Oak Hill Academy is a one stop school. There are sports clubs/teams, and the gym program includes swimming. The school has a beautiful pool, and in fact, the entire campus is lovely. The science building and performing arts center were deciding factors when I chose Oak Hill Academy for my son, who has been going to the school since 1st grade. This year he`s in 6th. He is thriving.I highly recommend OHA for any age child. For those of you looking for a magical elementary school experience, a place where your child will be loved and supported in their areas of strength but also in any area of weakness, you`ll love OHA. For a middle school experience, the school is the same: a caring community where teachers, administrators, and staff will make sure your child has a successful experience. Middle school at Oak Hill Academy is 5th grade through 8th. If your child isn`t at Oak Hill already, it`s a fine time to transfer in, even if it`s only for 7th and 8th grade. Your children will be better prepared for high school with Oak Hill Academy behind them. Kindness, love, learning, and respect are the touchstones of Oak Hill Academy.
- Posted by Parent - Mom
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.