St Leo The Great School
- At Saint Leo the Great School we beleive in the capacity of the individual to lead with compassion, learn with commitment, and act with courage.
- Focusing on the needs of each child, we achieve our purpose by word and deed.
- Students are inspired to achieve the highest standards in intecllectual achievment through developmentally appropriate instruction that allows for indivudual differences and learning styles.
- They are encouraged to be active participants in thier commitment to God, kindness to each other, and pursuti of knowwledge.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2012, 2018|
|Total Students||590 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||66 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- The uniqueness of Saint Leo the Great School is its ability to draw strength from its traditions of excellence, to meet the needs of the 21st Century Learner, and to move students to a better understanding of our world and their obligation to contribute to its greatness through STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) based curriculum .Saint Leo the Great students are inspired to achieve the highest standards in intellectual achievement, as well as to grow in their commitment to God and the development of their faith.The school`s success is reflected in our whole community`s devotion to the continued spiritual, academic, and personal growth of our students.
- Saint Leo the Great School was recognized by the United States Department of Education in 2012 and again in 2018 as a National Blue Ribbon School. In 2019, Saint Leo's was also recgnized once more by the U.S. Department of Education as a Green Ribbon School making it the first Catholic school to win the honor in the state of New Jersey.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rumson Grades: PK-8 | 363 students
40 Rumson Road
Rumson, NJ 07760
(732)842-0348 7.5 PK-8
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.