St James Elementary School
- St. James Elementary School in Red Bank, New Jersey, is a Catholic elementary school which provides a Christian environment for academic education of youth, under the direction of the Education Office of the Diocese of Trenton, the pastor of St. James Church and the school administration.
- St. James does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, or ethnic origin in acceptance of students.
- St. James is a community based on Catholic faith, tradition, and values.
- Our purpose is to prepare the student for his or her role as a contributing Christian member of society.
- By cognitively and consistently providing opportunities for our children to grow in the knowledge of God, self, and the world in which they live, St. James School endeavors, in cooperation with parents, to develop individuals of good moral character.
- We strives to create a nurturing environment in which the whole child grows as a complete person, one who understands core values, embraces them, and acts upon them in response to the daily events of life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2018|
|Total Students||458 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rumson Grades: PK-8 | 363 students
40 Rumson Road
Rumson, NJ 07760
(732)842-0348 4.6 PK-8
- Lincroft Grades: PK-8 | 590 students
550 Newman Springs Rd
Lincroft, NJ 07738
(732)741-3133 2.9 PK-8
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.