5.00 (2 reviews)
- Pioneer Academy is an independent private day and boarding Co-Ed College-Prep school for grades Pre-K through 12.
- Pioneer Academy facilitates STEM/STREAM education (Science, Technology, Reading/Research, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics) for college readiness and success in life. Pioneer Academy aims to provide a well-rounded, character-building education through challenging interdisciplinary curricula, stimulating extra-curricular activities and community involvement.
- We seek to instill a life-long passion for learning, a strong sense of moral responsibility, and a welcoming of diversity.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||323 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, Ap Calculus, AP Calsulus AB, AP Chemistry, AP English Language, AP US History, AP World History|
|Average SAT score||1244|
|Average ACT score||33|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,900|
|Tuition Notes||$12,900 for K-4, $14,900 for 5-8, $17,900 for Domestic 9-12, $24,900 for International Students|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Monica Bajraktarevic|
|Admissions Associate||Kerri Cavan|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Equestrian, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Equestrian,|
Indoor Soccer, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||24 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arabic Club, Archery Club, Art Portfolio Development Club, Basketball Club, Chemistry Club, Chess Club, Drama Club, Edutainment Club, ELL Reading Club, Equestrian Club, Fitness Club, Food Science/ Culinary Club, HS Girls Volleyball, Math Olympiad, Media and Journalism Club, Model United Nations (MUN), Music Club, Photography Club, Physics Club, Robotics Club, Soccer Club, Spanish Club, Table Tennis Club, Year Book Clu
- Pioneer Academy is an independent Co-Ed college-prep school for grades Pre-K through 12 committed to enriching the lives of students, and ensuring their success in college and real life.Located in the quiet Township of Wayne, New Jersey.
- Pioneer offers a vibrant, diverse and exciting environment with exceptional academic standards and wide range of extracurricular opportunities, and a culturally diverse social environment with students from 18 different countries. The multicultural experience obtained at Pioneer Academy is unique and helps to drive the intellectual, academic, social, and athletic success of the students.
- As a state-of-the-art center of academic excellence, Pioneer Academy teaches students to acquire the skills to become self-motivated, responsible, and caring for the environment and those around them. We offer a wide range of AP, Honors, and College Prep courses designed to meet the needs of each and every student. Every student receives personalized academic, career and college counseling.
- Additionally, the latest educational technologies are used in the classrooms, including Google Classroom, smart boards, Chromebooks, and other interactive software to make the learning process more engaging and fun.The dedicated Pioneer Academy faculty puts forth every effort to help students achieve success. All faculty members are accessible to students after school or during office hours to provide extra learning opportunities, counseling, advice, or just someone to talk to. In addition to athletic programs, fine arts, and music, many other schoolwide student-centered events are also held on special days throughout the year to allow students to express themselves and develop teamwork, leadership skills and fair decision-making.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Nutley Grades: PK-12 | 422 students
390 Washington Avenue
Nutley, NJ 07110
(973)667-9700 8.1 PK-12
- Paterson Grades: PK-12 | 125 students
900 Madison Ave
Paterson, NJ 07501
(973)279-5800 4 PK-12
- Montclair Grades: PK-12 | 1054 students
201 Valley Road
Montclair, NJ 07042
(973)746-9800 6 PK-12
- Rutherford Grades: PK-8 | 197 students
72 Chestnut St
Rutherford, NJ 07070
(201)933-8410 8.8 PK-8
- Wayne Grades: PK-8 | 187 students
580 Ratzer Road
Wayne, NJ 07470
(973)694-1225 2.8 PK-8
Pioneer Academy is truly New Jersey's best kept secret. It is both a day school and boarding school. My son boards there. I am writing to give you a parent's prospective of the school. Before deciding on Pioneer, we considered several high-profiled boarding schools. We were discussing the pros and cons of each of the schools we had visited until a colleague of mine suggested that I visit Pioneer. At the end of my initial visit to Pioneer, it became very clear to me that this was the school I wanted for my son. Pioneer had a different atmosphere about it. All of attending students spoke very highly of the school. Students described devoted teachers and a rigorous academic program. Now that my son attends Pioneer, I can attest that Pioneer is the best that academia has to offer. The teachers are very committed to their students and the curriculum is very challenging. The facilities and labs are top notch. Although Pioneer is a small school compared to others, it offers courses that are none of the other schools do. It is an exceptional college preparatory school and I highly recommend it.
- Posted by Parent - motas
The administration and staff at this school strive to improve the school in all aspects. There is a friendly and safe atmosphere for all students. Classroom sizes are small and students are respectful. SAT average and college acceptance rate is high.
- Posted by Teacher - yasir
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.