Grades: K-2 | 90 students
- School's mission is to inspire a deep, lifelong love of learning within children by offering a vibrant, interdisciplinary education.
- Our research based learning methods cultivate critical thinking, independence and self-discovery.
- Our goal is to build a truly authentic montessori community that reflects, supports, and benefits from our beautiful urban neighborhood.
- Frequent walks to nearby art galleries, farmer¡¯s markets, city parks, the James River, historic sites and other downtown resources offer rich learning experiences for young minds.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-2|
|Total Students||90 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Soccer, SwimmingBaseball, Soccer,
- Located in a beautiful urban setting, Central Montessori School offers children ages 16months to 9 years old an alternative education rooted in the philosophy, methodology and teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori. Central Montessori School provides a full-day, year-round Montessori program for children ages 16 months to 9 years old. We offer a complete, seamless day of Montessori instruction from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Programs include: Toddler Class (ages 16-36 months)Primary Class (ages 3-6 years)Lower Elementary Class (ages 6-9 years)We offer a 12-month (year round, summer included) enrollment.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
11600 Gayton Rd
Richmond, VA 23238
RichmondGrades: PK-5 | 102 students
9307 Quioccasin Rd
Richmond, VA 23229
ChesterfieldGrades: PK-12 | 344 students
6851 Courthouse Rd
Chesterfield, VA 23832
RichmondGrades: K-8 | 14 students
3601 Dill Rd
Richmond, VA 23222
AshlandGrades: PK-8 | 60 students
115 Frances Rd
Ashland, VA 23005
We started our son in the toddler program at CMS and he's blossomed since then. I can't say enough good things about this school and the educators. I highly recommend the school!
- Posted by Parent - steph
Very good school all around. No complaints. My children love it and have developed life long friendships at such an early age. The teachers really care, not just when the parents are around. Very well priced for a Montessori school in the area, but still pretty expensive if you are not well off. You get what you pay for. My children love it there. No homework (or very little), no tests (unless they opt in at a certain age). Even though I was really skeptical about the program at first, my children knowledge base is astounding at such an early age. They are so engaged and excited about their school work it's amazing. I highly recommend it.
- Posted by Parent - nazda
My toddler aged son has been at this school for a year and it has been wonderful. The quality of the education is absolutely worth the money. I am happy that this school has helped form my son into a healthy, responsible, and independent two year old!
- Posted by Parent - athen
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.