- Chicago Jewish Day School serves the entire Jewish community and is a leader in promoting togetherness, cooperation, and respect across all Jewish denominations.
- Our educational approach appreciates and affirms differences in Jewish philosophy and background and values the range of Jewish religious practices among its students.
- The Chicago Jewish Day School creates for our students a standard of excellence in both Jewish and General Studies.
- Our students develop a passion for learning and a strong sense of themselves as Jews and as human beings.
- We inspire our students to develop a strong Jewish identity through an integrated curriculum within a nurturing, stimulating and creative environment.
- At CJDS, Jewish tradition informs our curriculum, calendar, celebrations and daily schedule.
- We are committed to transmitting an in-depth knowledge of sacred Jewish texts and rituals, tradition and customs, and Jewish history.
- Our students gain fluency in reading, speaking and understanding Hebrew language and literature, both classical and modern.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Independent Schools Association of the Central States|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||213 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 7|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,290|
|Tuition Notes||JK is 13,375|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Cortney Stark Cope|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Cross Country, DanceBallet, Basketball,
Cross Country, Dance,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||circus arts, cooking, drama, musical performance, pottery, science fun, yoga circus arts, cooking, drama, pottery, science fun, yoga, musical performance,