Top Illinois Private Schools
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 1,755 top private schools in Illinois, serving 285,238 students.
- The average private school tuition is $6,161 for elementary schools and $11,744 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 90% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 30% and the student:teacher ratio is 13:1.
Chicago Grammar School Photo - CGS Latin Team wins 1st Place Junior High Chicago Regional Certamen Tournament.
Holy Trinity High School Photo - Holy Trinity High School is located at 1443 West Division Street in Chicago's Wicker Park neighborhood.
Wheaton Christian Grammar School Photo - Wheaton Christian Grammar School currently enrolls more than 490 students in grades K-8th. Students and their families enjoy a sense of community and shared mission at the school where strong academics and a biblical worldview are foundational.
Bright Horizons at the Atrium Photo - Art Smart at Bright Horizons. Children uncover their talents and express themselves through art, music, dance, and theater.
Elmhurst KinderCare Photo - Our teachers will encourage the Prekindergrten children to reflect on and respond to open ended questions, engage in representational though involving symbols, experiment with beginning concepts in spatial realtionships.
Top Illinois Private Schools by County (2019-20)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 11 Schools2,106 Students4% Minority
- 1 Schools16 Students19% Minority
- 3 Schools399 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools92 Students3% Minority
- 2 Schools198 Students12% Minority
- 2 Schools188 Students1% Minority
- 3 Schools211 Students7% Minority
- 26 Schools3,310 Students17% Minority
- 6 Schools692 Students8% Minority
- 3 Schools808 Students3% Minority
- 3 Schools356 Students5% Minority
- 836 Schools150,313 Students41% Minority
- 1 Schools123 Students9% Minority
- 9 Schools927 Students14% Minority
- 1 Schools19 Students- Minority
- 6 Schools204 Students- Minority
- 181 Schools26,480 Students22% Minority
- 4 Schools1,007 Students3% Minority
- 2 Schools149 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools16 Students29% Minority
- 4 Schools185 Students10% Minority
- 2 Schools52 Students16% Minority
- 1 Schools43 Students9% Minority
- 3 Schools263 Students1% Minority
- 1 Schools167 Students1% Minority
- 1 Schools91 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools240 Students10% Minority
- 6 Schools392 Students14% Minority
- 8 Schools683 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools154 Students1% Minority
- 3 Schools173 Students14% Minority
- 1 Schools414 Students3% Minority
- 2 Schools232 Students12% Minority
- 69 Schools11,062 Students25% Minority
- 13 Schools2,083 Students24% Minority
- 6 Schools958 Students14% Minority
- 2 Schools369 Students17% Minority
- 12 Schools1,881 Students12% Minority
- 108 Schools13,871 Students26% Minority
- 4 Schools472 Students7% Minority
- 7 Schools386 Students9% Minority
- 4 Schools344 Students9% Minority
- 9 Schools1,736 Students15% Minority
- 2 Schools156 Students- Minority
- 42 Schools6,412 Students12% Minority
- 5 Schools520 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools186 Students14% Minority
- 31 Schools4,631 Students8% Minority
- 13 Schools2,742 Students16% Minority
- 1 Schools32 Students4% Minority
- 3 Schools934 Students38% Minority
- 3 Schools305 Students3% Minority
- 4 Schools546 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools19 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools168 Students6% Minority
- 27 Schools4,933 Students13% Minority
- 2 Schools246 Students4% Minority
- 2 Schools64 Students3% Minority
- 2 Schools54 Students10% Minority
- 7 Schools825 Students1% Minority
- 1 Schools178 Students6% Minority
- 13 Schools4,630 Students33% Minority
- 35 Schools5,001 Students30% Minority
- 21 Schools4,236 Students11% Minority
- 3 Schools329 Students21% Minority
- 5 Schools699 Students10% Minority
- 12 Schools1,822 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools26 Students- Minority
- 8 Schools922 Students16% Minority
- 2 Schools159 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools132 Students24% Minority
- 5 Schools454 Students2% Minority
- 1 Schools57 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools36 Students7% Minority
- 7 Schools1,001 Students15% Minority
- 84 Schools11,219 Students24% Minority
- 5 Schools563 Students10% Minority
- 35 Schools8,049 Students15% Minority
- 4 Schools355 Students2% Minority
What happens if my child suddenly takes sick before the end of the school year? What if he is expelled? Answers here.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.