Top Illinois Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 1,771 top private schools in Illinois, serving 287,382 students.
- The average private school tuition is $6,033 for elementary schools and $11,864 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 90% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 30% and the student:teacher ratio is 13:1.
Wheaton Christian Grammar School Photo - Wheaton Christian Grammar School currently enrolls more than 540 students in grades K-8th. Students and their families enjoy a sense of community and shared mission at the school where strong academics and a biblical worldview are foundational.
Chicago Grammar School Photo - CGS Latin Team wins 1st Place Junior High Chicago Regional Certamen Tournament.
Holy Trinity High School Photo - Holy Trinity High School is located at 1443 West Division Street in Chicago's Wicker Park neighborhood.
Safe Haven School Photo - Students from over 25 districts throughout Lake, McHenry, and northern Cook counties enjoy the abundance of green space that surrounds around our building
Alphonsus Academy & Center For The Arts Photo - AACA Principal, Dr. Caz Badynee, greeting students on the first day of school.
St Theresa School Photo - In 2017 two new science labs were built. The upper level for 1st - 5th grade, and the lower level for middle school.
Heritage Christian School Photo - Heritage Christian School is a ministry of the Heritage Baptist Church. We are located in Frankfort, Illinois. If you are looking for a Christ-centered school that strives for spiritual and academic excellence, Heritage Christian School may be the place for your child's education. Here you will find an alternative to the pervasive humanistic philosophy espoused in the public schools.
Top Illinois Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 11 Schools2,139 Students4% Minority
- 1 Schools16 Students19% Minority
- 3 Schools435 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools92 Students3% Minority
- 2 Schools198 Students12% Minority
- 2 Schools188 Students1% Minority
- 3 Schools211 Students7% Minority
- 26 Schools3,307 Students17% Minority
- 6 Schools692 Students8% Minority
- 3 Schools808 Students3% Minority
- 3 Schools356 Students5% Minority
- 846 Schools148,458 Students41% Minority
- 1 Schools123 Students9% Minority
- 9 Schools927 Students14% Minority
- 1 Schools19 Students- Minority
- 6 Schools204 Students- Minority
- 182 Schools26,826 Students22% Minority
- 1 Schools90 Students2% Minority
- 4 Schools1,007 Students3% Minority
- 2 Schools149 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools16 Students29% Minority
- 4 Schools185 Students10% Minority
- 2 Schools52 Students16% Minority
- 1 Schools43 Students9% Minority
- 3 Schools263 Students1% Minority
- 1 Schools192 Students1% Minority
- 1 Schools91 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools240 Students10% Minority
- 6 Schools392 Students14% Minority
- 8 Schools683 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools154 Students1% Minority
- 3 Schools173 Students14% Minority
- 1 Schools414 Students3% Minority
- 2 Schools232 Students12% Minority
- 70 Schools11,301 Students26% Minority
- 13 Schools2,083 Students24% Minority
- 6 Schools958 Students14% Minority
- 2 Schools369 Students17% Minority
- 12 Schools1,881 Students12% Minority
- 109 Schools14,083 Students26% Minority
- 4 Schools472 Students7% Minority
- 7 Schools386 Students9% Minority
- 4 Schools344 Students9% Minority
- 9 Schools1,736 Students15% Minority
- 2 Schools156 Students- Minority
- 42 Schools6,441 Students12% Minority
- 5 Schools520 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools186 Students14% Minority
- 32 Schools4,650 Students8% Minority
- 13 Schools2,742 Students16% Minority
- 1 Schools32 Students4% Minority
- 3 Schools934 Students38% Minority
- 3 Schools305 Students3% Minority
- 4 Schools546 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools19 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools168 Students6% Minority
- 27 Schools5,015 Students13% Minority
- 2 Schools246 Students4% Minority
- 2 Schools64 Students3% Minority
- 2 Schools54 Students10% Minority
- 7 Schools820 Students1% Minority
- 1 Schools178 Students6% Minority
- 13 Schools4,660 Students33% Minority
- 35 Schools4,931 Students30% Minority
- 21 Schools4,252 Students11% Minority
- 3 Schools328 Students21% Minority
- 5 Schools696 Students10% Minority
- 12 Schools1,822 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools26 Students- Minority
- 8 Schools922 Students16% Minority
- 2 Schools159 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools132 Students24% Minority
- 5 Schools454 Students2% Minority
- 1 Schools57 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools36 Students7% Minority
- 7 Schools1,034 Students15% Minority
- 84 Schools11,249 Students24% Minority
- 5 Schools563 Students10% Minority
- 35 Schools8,013 Students15% Minority
- 4 Schools355 Students2% Minority
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.