Top Illinois Private Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 1,730 top private schools in Illinois, serving 282,500 students.
- The average private school tuition is $6,341 for elementary schools and $11,854 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 91% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 30% and the student:teacher ratio is 13:1.
Holy Trinity High School Photo - Holy Trinity High School is located at 1443 West Division Street in Chicago's Wicker Park neighborhood.
Wheaton Christian Grammar School Photo - Wheaton Christian Grammar School currently enrolls more than 490 students in grades K-8th. Students and their families enjoy a sense of community and shared mission at the school where strong academics and a biblical worldview are foundational.
Chicago Grammar School Photo - CGS Latin Team wins 1st Place Junior High Chicago Regional Certamen Tournament.
Childs Voice School Photo - At Child’s Voice children with hearing loss are provided the skills and tools needed to learn to listen and to speak, to enjoy the sounds of everyday.
Chicago Hope Academy Photo - Chicago Hope is located in the Near West Side at 2189 W Bowler St. Chicago, IL 60612.
North Schaumburg KinderCare Photo - School Age Classroom - Practicing planning, organizing, team-building, creative writing, experimenting and much more.
Top Illinois Private Schools by County (2020)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 11 Schools2,106 Students4% Minority
- 1 Schools16 Students19% Minority
- 3 Schools399 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools92 Students3% Minority
- 2 Schools198 Students12% Minority
- 2 Schools188 Students1% Minority
- 3 Schools211 Students7% Minority
- 25 Schools3,295 Students17% Minority
- 6 Schools692 Students8% Minority
- 3 Schools808 Students3% Minority
- 3 Schools356 Students5% Minority
- 823 Schools149,123 Students41% Minority
- 1 Schools123 Students9% Minority
- 9 Schools927 Students14% Minority
- 1 Schools19 Students- Minority
- 5 Schools163 Students- Minority
- 179 Schools26,587 Students22% Minority
- 4 Schools1,013 Students3% Minority
- 2 Schools149 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools16 Students29% Minority
- 4 Schools185 Students10% Minority
- 2 Schools52 Students16% Minority
- 1 Schools43 Students9% Minority
- 3 Schools263 Students1% Minority
- 1 Schools167 Students1% Minority
- 1 Schools91 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools240 Students10% Minority
- 6 Schools352 Students14% Minority
- 8 Schools683 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools154 Students1% Minority
- 3 Schools173 Students14% Minority
- 1 Schools414 Students3% Minority
- 2 Schools232 Students12% Minority
- 68 Schools10,880 Students25% Minority
- 11 Schools1,870 Students22% Minority
- 7 Schools980 Students14% Minority
- 2 Schools437 Students17% Minority
- 12 Schools1,849 Students12% Minority
- 107 Schools13,496 Students26% Minority
- 4 Schools472 Students7% Minority
- 7 Schools386 Students9% Minority
- 4 Schools344 Students9% Minority
- 9 Schools1,736 Students15% Minority
- 2 Schools156 Students- Minority
- 42 Schools6,317 Students12% Minority
- 5 Schools520 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools186 Students14% Minority
- 29 Schools4,472 Students8% Minority
- 13 Schools2,742 Students16% Minority
- 1 Schools32 Students4% Minority
- 3 Schools934 Students38% Minority
- 3 Schools305 Students3% Minority
- 4 Schools546 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools19 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools168 Students6% Minority
- 27 Schools4,933 Students13% Minority
- 2 Schools246 Students4% Minority
- 2 Schools64 Students3% Minority
- 2 Schools54 Students10% Minority
- 7 Schools825 Students1% Minority
- 1 Schools178 Students6% Minority
- 13 Schools4,689 Students33% Minority
- 34 Schools4,852 Students30% Minority
- 21 Schools4,250 Students11% Minority
- 3 Schools329 Students21% Minority
- 5 Schools719 Students10% Minority
- 12 Schools1,822 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools26 Students- Minority
- 8 Schools808 Students16% Minority
- 2 Schools159 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools132 Students24% Minority
- 5 Schools454 Students2% Minority
- 1 Schools57 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools36 Students7% Minority
- 7 Schools1,001 Students15% Minority
- 81 Schools10,906 Students23% Minority
- 5 Schools563 Students10% Minority
- 35 Schools8,049 Students15% Minority
- 4 Schools355 Students2% Minority
The desired result of taking the admissions test, visiting schools and submitting all that paperwork is to receive an acceptance letter. Here's how to handle this part of the admissions process.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.