- Downers Grove Students Win Harvard Debate Tournament - 03/06/2023Middle school students from from The Avery Coonley School win Harvard University debate tournament held over President's Day weekend.
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Art Club, Book Club, Chess, Computer Club, Math Team, Robotics Club, STEM Open Lab, Student Council (Middle School), Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama/Theater, Orchestra, Tech Club, Treble Makers Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Students at Avery Coonley represent 40+ zip-codes in the Chicagoland area and come from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds. This is due to the School`s commitment to diversity and a robust financial aid budget for need-based tuition assistance.
- Students at ACS enjoy being challenged and learning at a minimum of one entire grade level above their current grade.
- Students enjoy activities and clubs, including fine arts, chess, strategic gaming, and debate.
- Facilities include state-of-the-art technology and flexible spaces for individual and collaborative work, an expansive art studio, computer lab, Makerspace, over 9,000 square feet of outdoor play area, athletic field, and a ropes challenge course.
- ACS has a very strong, engaged parent community. The Home & School Association (HSA) organizes many activities throughout the year.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does The Avery Coonley School cost?
What sports does The Avery Coonley School offer?
What is The Avery Coonley School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for The Avery Coonley School?
Endorse The Avery Coonley School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards