St Joan Of Arc
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (630) 969-1732
- St Joan Of Arc was established in 1926 as a Benedictine parish school.
- SJA is a fully accredited Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade, identifiably Catholic school.
- Our families strive to provide a moral and spiritual safe haven where children can flourish.
- Our students are taught in both classrooms and homes where regular participation in their religion and liturgy are essential to them as Catholic Christians, and that strong, deep-seated study habits are essential to them as life long learners.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2011|
|Total Students||434 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Downers Grove Grades: PK-8 | 483 students
440 Prairie Ave
Downers Grove, IL 60515
(630) 968-6155 3.8 PK-8
- Downers Grove Grades: K-8 | 112 students
929 Maple Avenue
Downers Grove, IL 60515
(630) 852-0832 3.2 K-8
Feels like family! Teachers truly care for students’ well-being.
- Posted by Parent - 2 kids
Excellent school; my child loves it here. They offer so many unique learning opportunities within the frame of traditional schooling. This year, four of the school's teachers were invited to participate in NASA's Teaching From Space MicroGravity Experience. They will travel to the Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas in July to participate in the Reduced Gravity Education Flight Program. The students are partnering with their teachers to research all aspects of the St. Joan of Arc Catholic School's "Gravity's Effects on Magnets" experiment. The school also has band, after-school enrichment programs, sports teams for boys and girls, art enrichment during school, drama club and more. The 8th graders put together a weekly television show which is broadcast to the student body on Friday mornings. They attend Mass weekly, reconciliation several times a year, and do a number of other things to learn about their faith (like Living Stations of the Cross). This is in addition to religion classes. It's a well-run, stable school with active, interested parents. I feel very blessed to be here!
- Posted by Parent - caswr
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.