St. Mary Of Gostyn Catholic School
Tel: (630) 968-6155
St. Mary of Gostyn School is a Catholic faith community called together by God to educate children, to proclaim the Good News, and to translate this proclamation into action.
The faculty, staff, and parents form a unique partnership in carrying out this mission of teaching the message of Jesus by celebrating meaningful liturgies, providing opportunities for service within the community, and passing on the beliefs and traditions of our faith.
This community provides witness to Jesus Christ, proclaims the Gospel values by living the Christian message, and helps to build a faith that will lead to a commitment to all people.
Realizing that we serve a diverse community and that each child is unique, it is imperative that we discover the abilities, talents, and needs of each child and do our best to create, in partnership with the parents, an environment that responds to these needs.
Religious education, including various opportunities for worship, is a priority in our school.
We believe that other opportunities for growth in self esteem, happiness, and the curriculum subjects are essential.
These opportunities include academic excellence, building personal relationships, and service to others as exemplified in the message of Jesus.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||483 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- 3 Year-old Preschool through Grade 8
- Full and Half Day Kindergarten iPad Centers in Kindergarten, Grades 1-3;
- 1:1 Technology/Laptops for Grades 6-8
- Technology throughout the entire school
- Extracurricular activities to include no-cut athletic program, academic clubs, religious and social opportunities
- Reading resource support
- Before and after-school academic assistance
- Extraordinary Music & Fine Arts Programs including Spring Musical
- Spanish instruction beginning in Kindergarten
- Weekly all-school Mass
- Sacrament Preparation
- Bus Service
- After School Care available
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Downers Grove Grades: PK-8 | 437 students
4832 Highland Avenue
Downers Grove, IL 60515
(630) 969-4306 0.7 PK-8
- Downers Grove Grades: K-8 | 112 students
929 Maple Avenue
Downers Grove, IL 60515
(630) 852-0832 0.8 K-8
- Downers Grove Grades: PK-8 | 78 students
525 63rd St
Downers Grove, IL 60516
(630) 852-5081 1.9 PK-8
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.