|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)
Other religious school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||84 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(khaki pants/skirts/jumpers and Navy Shirts (embroidered and purchased from French Toast))
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies. Please see the current tuition schedule located on our website.|
Colonial Academy is a Bible-centered educational ministry dedicated to assisting parents and the local Bible believing church in the task of training their children to reach their fullest potential, both academically and spiritually.
Our vision is to develop students who are achieving high moral character and are maturing in their Christian faith. Our students will be spiritually, academically, and socially prepared to continue their high school education and pursue God's calling in their lives. We envision a school that has visionary, planning, godly leaders, and a loving, caring, godly faculty and staff, a school that is financially responsible and stable, a school that has a positive public image and godly influence upon parents and all others who may come in contact with the school.
Our desire is to help parents fulfill their God-given responsibility for the education and general development of their children.
Colonial Faculty and Staff
The faculty and staff of Colonial Academy is a group of well trained, dedicated men and women. Each member of the team is a born-again Christian who views their responsibilities as ministry. Each is also a member of a local Bible-believing church in our community. The average years of teaching experience on the staff is a little over ten years. Our teachers have a genuine concern for our students. the first desire of our teachers is to see our students receive Christ as their personal Savior and then to grow in the grace of God to be more like Christ every day.
Colonial Academy Programs
At Colonial Academy the Bible is the center of all teaching and curriculum. Each student from preschool through eighth grade received Bible instruction each day. God's Word is also integrated into every subject taught.
- K3 & K4 Preschool Programs are offered as a five day and three day program. The K3 works with three year old children. It cannot be compared to a daycare because of its educational aspects. Besides social skils, children learn basic concepts. The K4 works with four and five year old children and prepares them for school. the preschool is structured with educational time and has music, art, and recess.
- Before & After School Care is offered for the convenience of parents. We offer both before school and after school care only to our enrolled students at a rate of $5 per hour for the first child and $3.50 per hour for each sibling. We also offer flat monthly rates, listed on our tuition schedule on our website. The before care begins at 6 a.m. and after school care ends at 6 p.m.
- Our Kindergarten is a full school day program. In Kindergarten, the children are taught Bible, Phonics, Reading, Math, and Writing. Kindergarten students also have Music, Art, Computer, Recess, and Weekly P.E. time.
- The First through Eighth Grade Program uses a Bible based curriculum to teach the academic subjects in a homeroom setting. Small class sizes at Colonial Academy are a distinct advantage in facilitating learning. Music, Art, Computer, P.E., and Spanish classes are taught weekly. A weekly Chapel service is also used to help meet spiritual needs. Private piano lessons are available for students in 2nd -8th grade. The students have special Christmas and Easter music programs each year. Other special events and class field trips are planned throughout the school year.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
FredericksburgGrades: PK-8 | 574 students
250 Stafford Lakes Pkwy
Fredericksburg, VA 22406
StaffordGrades: K-12 | 135 students
2202 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Stafford, VA 22554
Dale CityGrades: PK-12 | 237 students
14836 Ashdale Ave
Dale City, VA 22193
StaffordGrades: PK-K | 64 students
664 Garrisonville Road
Stafford, VA 22554
WoodbridgeGrades: PK-12 | 338 students
14510 Spriggs Rd
Woodbridge, VA 22193