So unless your father endowed the school or was its first headmaster, don't take a chance. Seek and pay for the expert advice you need. Here is a recap of some of the things you will have to do to choose a school:
- Start the search process in April/May for fall admission 14 months out.
- Develop a short list of schools to research and visit.
- Research and visit schools to see if they are a good match.
- Fix any academic deficiencies as quickly as you can.
- Schedule admissions testing.
- Request transcripts.
- Get teacher and principal recommendations.
- Prepare and submit applications.
- Arrange financing.