Grades: 7-12 | 415 students
Music offerings including concert band, jazz band, jazz combos, pep band, marching band, symphonic band, concert choir small choral ensembles, music listening, and show choir.
Many co-curricular activities are offered including theater/drama, math team, chess club, speech team, National Honor Society, and several others.
Fall, spring, and winter sports offered for boys and girls including football, soccer, cross country running, golf, tennis, swimming, and volleyball.
- Cotter is a diverse Catholic School community of faith, scholarship and service.
- Cotter is a Catholic day and boarding college preparatory school.
- Our diverse school community includes students with wide ranging talents and interests.
- Cotter faculty and staff assist students of all abilities as they strive to achieve their personal best.
- Students receive an excellent education with close attention given to their individual needs.
- Cotter provides students with a challenging and supportive school environment with teachers who are passionate about teaching and assisting students become young men and woman of character.
- This care and enthusiasm inspires students to strive for success.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other religious school association(s)
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||415 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Environmental Science, AP Language & Composition, AP Literature & Composition, AP US History, Computer Programming C++, Computer Programming Java, Electronics/ Robotics, Honors Chemistry, Honors Microeconomics, Honors Physics 1, Honors Physics 2, Honors Spanish 4, Honors Spanish 5, Honors Spanish 6, Human Biology, Linear Algebra,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Will Gibson|
|Admissions Associate||Linda Schrupp|
- Cotter is a Catholic School community promoting excellence through prayer, learning, and service. Cotter is a Catholic day and boarding college preparatory school. Our diverse school community includes students with a wide range of talents and interests. Cotter faculty and staff assist students of all abilities as they strive to achieve their personal best. Students receive an excellent education with close attention given to their individual needs. Cotter provides students with a challenging and supportive school environment with teachers who are passionate about teaching and assisting students become young men and woman of character. This care and enthusiasm inspires students to strive for success.
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.