Grades: PK-6 | 47 students
- Crossroads Center for Children serves children with a diagnosis within the Pervasive Development Disorder and Autism spectrum, and their families.
- Our goal is to enhance all children's lives by teaching the necessary skills for them to participate in a meaningful way in their home, school, and community.
- Crossroads Center for Children utilizes Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) as the treatment philosophy and approach to autism intervention.
- Noted as the only method for which empirical research has validated success, procedures based on ABA are used to increase skills across all areas of development.
- The school provides a continuum of services across intensity and level of integration, resulting in the most effective mix of services to meet the individual needs of the child.
- Services range from group instruction to individual therapy.
- These services can be provided in a variety of settings, ranging from segregated to fully-integrated classrooms.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||47 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Associate||Melissa Cleinman|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SchenectadyGrades: 6-12 | 169 students
1821 Hamburg St
Schenectady, NY 12304
ScotiaGrades: PK-12 | 346 students
36-38 Sacandaga Rd
Scotia, NY 12302
SchenectadyGrades: PK-6 | 123 students
806 Union St
Schenectady, NY 12308
SchenectadyGrades: 6-12 | 324 students
2600 Albany St
Schenectady, NY 12304
SchenectadyGrades: PK-5 | 296 students
3510 Carman Road
Schenectady, NY 12303
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.