Top New York Private Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 2,049 top private schools in New York, serving 491,203 students.
- Minority enrollment is 28% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
Winston Preparatory School NY Photo - Winston Prep students participate annually in an all-school Art Show.
Harbor Country Day School Photo - Harbor cherishes childhood, cultivates wonder and inspires confident learners and leaders.
Lawrence Woodmere Academy Photo - Lawrence Woodmere Academy (LWA"), founded in 1912, is an elite Pre-K through 12, non-sectarian, private, College Preparatory School located in Woodmere, NY.
Professional Children's School Photo - At Professional Children's School, you don't have to choose between a great education and your dreams.
The Windsor School Photo - Our student body encompasses students from all over the globe. We enroll local and F-1 international students.
Battery Park Montessori Photo - Our small student-teacher ratios provide rich opportunities for personalized learning and one-one-one support from Montessori-certified teachers with years of experience in child development.
BASIS Independent Brooklyn Photo - Our Early Learning Program (PreK-1, PreK-2, and kindergarten) fosters discovery, independence, and a love of learning.
Top New York Private Schools by County (2020)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 34 Schools4,986 Students20% Minority
- 6 Schools409 Students10% Minority
- 98 Schools33,569 Students72% Minority
- 17 Schools2,329 Students14% Minority
- 5 Schools411 Students14% Minority
- 10 Schools615 Students14% Minority
- 12 Schools671 Students13% Minority
- 8 Schools1,224 Students11% Minority
- 3 Schools195 Students18% Minority
- 7 Schools721 Students12% Minority
- 3 Schools420 Students14% Minority
- 6 Schools451 Students7% Minority
- 2 Schools40 Students92% Minority
- 44 Schools6,142 Students24% Minority
- 93 Schools21,509 Students19% Minority
- 8 Schools675 Students18% Minority
- 5 Schools288 Students3% Minority
- 6 Schools596 Students8% Minority
- 2 Schools77 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools135 Students1% Minority
- 7 Schools1,557 Students30% Minority
- 391 Schools114,315 Students19% Minority
- 3 Schools133 Students3% Minority
- 3 Schools357 Students10% Minority
- 3 Schools292 Students8% Minority
- 68 Schools10,710 Students24% Minority
- 4 Schools319 Students7% Minority
- 150 Schools42,718 Students24% Minority
- 225 Schools61,216 Students35% Minority
- 17 Schools2,182 Students11% Minority
- 13 Schools1,668 Students18% Minority
- 38 Schools5,923 Students19% Minority
- 6 Schools357 Students7% Minority
- 41 Schools18,901 Students12% Minority
- 2 Schools30 Students5% Minority
- 4 Schools382 Students4% Minority
- 6 Schools265 Students14% Minority
- 10 Schools896 Students22% Minority
- 214 Schools54,141 Students47% Minority
- 16 Schools3,149 Students20% Minority
- 51 Schools14,148 Students18% Minority
- 75 Schools24,934 Students6% Minority
- 11 Schools824 Students15% Minority
- 18 Schools1,831 Students8% Minority
- 14 Schools2,232 Students27% Minority
- 1 Schools10 Students40% Minority
- 4 Schools233 Students17% Minority
- 8 Schools695 Students11% Minority
- 93 Schools19,004 Students30% Minority
- 7 Schools833 Students14% Minority
- 3 Schools122 Students4% Minority
- 9 Schools644 Students27% Minority
- 16 Schools1,710 Students14% Minority
- 3 Schools479 Students5% Minority
- 3 Schools35 Students- Minority
- 5 Schools179 Students4% Minority
- 120 Schools27,639 Students34% Minority
- 4 Schools235 Students2% Minority
- 19 Schools514 Students4% Minority
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.