Top New York Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2,099 top private schools in New York, serving 498,805 students.
- The average private school tuition is $12,376 for elementary schools and $23,834 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 77% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 28% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
The Stony Brook School Photo - The Stony Brook School, founded in 1922, is an independent college preparatory school (grades 7-12) that exists to challenge young men and women to know Jesus Christ as Lord, to love others as themselves, and to grow in knowledge and skill, in order that they may serve the world through their character and leadership. "Character Before Career"
HudsonWay Immersion School Photo - HudsonWay Immersion School–Mandarin Pre-K through Grade 5 Immersion
Adelphi Academy of Brooklyn Photo - Adelphi Academy of Brooklyn's historic Bay Ridge campus is located at 8515 Ridge Boulevard, in the heart of Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. .
Battery Park Montessori Photo - Our small student-teacher ratios provide rich opportunities for personalized learning and one-one-one support from Montessori-certified teachers with years of experience in child development.
Garden School Photo - Garden School is a co-ed, nursery to grade 12, fully-accredited, independent college prep school in Jackson Heights, Queens.
The School For Young Performers Photo - SYP is committed to providing solutions for the scholastic challenges facing students whose lifestyles or careers are incompatible with the traditional classroom construct.
Winston Preparatory School NY Photo - Winston Prep students participate annually in an all-school Art Show.
The Windsor School Photo - Our student body encompasses students from all over the globe. We enroll local and F-1 international students.
Pine Street School Photo - At Pine Street School, students collaborate across all areas of the curriculum, in two languages - English and either Spanish or Mandarin. Native speakers work alongside non-native speakers with expert teachers supporting. Literacy is central to their work and incorporated into everything they do. Classrooms support project-based inquiry and highly individualized learning for each student.
Top New York Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 35 Schools5,038 Students20% Minority
- 6 Schools416 Students10% Minority
- 99 Schools33,694 Students72% Minority
- 17 Schools2,329 Students14% Minority
- 5 Schools411 Students14% Minority
- 10 Schools611 Students14% Minority
- 12 Schools671 Students13% Minority
- 8 Schools1,240 Students11% Minority
- 3 Schools195 Students18% Minority
- 7 Schools721 Students12% Minority
- 3 Schools420 Students14% Minority
- 7 Schools480 Students7% Minority
- 3 Schools122 Students97% Minority
- 44 Schools6,201 Students24% Minority
- 99 Schools22,155 Students19% Minority
- 9 Schools748 Students17% Minority
- 5 Schools283 Students3% Minority
- 6 Schools596 Students8% Minority
- 2 Schools77 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools135 Students1% Minority
- 7 Schools1,557 Students30% Minority
- 401 Schools115,090 Students20% Minority
- 3 Schools133 Students3% Minority
- 3 Schools357 Students10% Minority
- 3 Schools292 Students8% Minority
- 71 Schools11,110 Students23% Minority
- 4 Schools319 Students7% Minority
- 150 Schools43,048 Students24% Minority
- 226 Schools61,260 Students35% Minority
- 18 Schools2,373 Students13% Minority
- 13 Schools1,666 Students18% Minority
- 39 Schools5,920 Students19% Minority
- 8 Schools483 Students9% Minority
- 41 Schools18,893 Students12% Minority
- 2 Schools19 Students5% Minority
- 4 Schools382 Students4% Minority
- 6 Schools265 Students14% Minority
- 11 Schools1,046 Students19% Minority
- 219 Schools54,990 Students47% Minority
- 16 Schools3,110 Students20% Minority
- 54 Schools14,977 Students18% Minority
- 78 Schools25,947 Students6% Minority
- 11 Schools824 Students15% Minority
- 18 Schools1,879 Students8% Minority
- 14 Schools2,236 Students27% Minority
- 1 Schools10 Students40% Minority
- 5 Schools255 Students15% Minority
- 8 Schools695 Students11% Minority
- 97 Schools19,720 Students30% Minority
- 8 Schools834 Students15% Minority
- 3 Schools122 Students4% Minority
- 9 Schools643 Students27% Minority
- 16 Schools1,710 Students14% Minority
- 3 Schools479 Students5% Minority
- 4 Schools73 Students3% Minority
- 5 Schools179 Students4% Minority
- 122 Schools29,250 Students34% Minority
- 4 Schools235 Students2% Minority
- 19 Schools514 Students4% Minority
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.