Top New York Private Schools
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2,057 top private schools in New York, serving 491,744 students.
- The average private school tuition is $12,673 for elementary schools and $24,155 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 77% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 28% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
The Stony Brook School Photo - The Stony Brook School, founded in 1922, is an independent college preparatory school (grades 7-12) that exists to challenge young men and women to know Jesus Christ as Lord, to love others as themselves, and to grow in knowledge and skill, in order that they may serve the world through their character and leadership. "Character Before Career"
Garden School Photo - Garden School is a co-ed, nursery to grade 12, fully-accredited, independent college prep school in Jackson Heights, Queens.
Adelphi Academy of Brooklyn Photo - Adelphi Academy of Brooklyn's historic Bay Ridge campus is located at 8515 Ridge Boulevard, in the heart of Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. .
Pine Street School Photo - At Pine Street School, students collaborate across all areas of the curriculum, in two languages - English and either Spanish or Mandarin. Native speakers work alongside non-native speakers with expert teachers supporting. Literacy is central to their work and incorporated into everything they do. Classrooms support project-based inquiry and highly individualized learning for each student.
Friends Academy Photo - Friends Academy is located on an inviting 65-acre campus in the heart of Long Island's North Shore.
EF Academy New York Photo - EF Academy New York hosts over 650 students from over 75 different countries including the United States.
The School For Young Performers Photo - SYP is committed to providing solutions for the scholastic challenges facing students whose lifestyles or careers are incompatible with the traditional classroom construct.
Harbor Country Day School Photo - Harbor cherishes childhood, cultivates wonder and inspires confident learners and leaders.
Top New York Private Schools by County (2019-20)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 34 Schools4,991 Students20% Minority
- 6 Schools416 Students10% Minority
- 99 Schools33,688 Students72% Minority
- 17 Schools2,329 Students14% Minority
- 5 Schools411 Students14% Minority
- 10 Schools615 Students14% Minority
- 12 Schools671 Students13% Minority
- 8 Schools1,224 Students11% Minority
- 3 Schools195 Students18% Minority
- 7 Schools721 Students12% Minority
- 3 Schools420 Students14% Minority
- 7 Schools480 Students7% Minority
- 3 Schools122 Students97% Minority
- 44 Schools6,183 Students24% Minority
- 96 Schools22,051 Students19% Minority
- 9 Schools762 Students17% Minority
- 5 Schools288 Students3% Minority
- 6 Schools596 Students8% Minority
- 2 Schools77 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools135 Students1% Minority
- 7 Schools1,557 Students30% Minority
- 399 Schools115,093 Students19% Minority
- 3 Schools133 Students3% Minority
- 3 Schools357 Students10% Minority
- 3 Schools292 Students8% Minority
- 69 Schools10,741 Students24% Minority
- 4 Schools319 Students7% Minority
- 150 Schools42,806 Students24% Minority
- 227 Schools62,329 Students36% Minority
- 17 Schools2,181 Students11% Minority
- 13 Schools1,666 Students18% Minority
- 39 Schools5,949 Students19% Minority
- 8 Schools483 Students9% Minority
- 42 Schools19,085 Students12% Minority
- 2 Schools23 Students5% Minority
- 4 Schools382 Students4% Minority
- 6 Schools265 Students14% Minority
- 10 Schools896 Students22% Minority
- 218 Schools54,825 Students47% Minority
- 16 Schools3,149 Students20% Minority
- 54 Schools14,811 Students18% Minority
- 77 Schools25,960 Students6% Minority
- 11 Schools824 Students15% Minority
- 18 Schools1,831 Students8% Minority
- 14 Schools2,247 Students27% Minority
- 1 Schools10 Students40% Minority
- 5 Schools255 Students15% Minority
- 8 Schools695 Students11% Minority
- 96 Schools19,506 Students30% Minority
- 8 Schools834 Students15% Minority
- 3 Schools122 Students4% Minority
- 9 Schools644 Students27% Minority
- 16 Schools1,710 Students14% Minority
- 3 Schools479 Students5% Minority
- 4 Schools73 Students3% Minority
- 5 Schools179 Students4% Minority
- 122 Schools28,271 Students35% Minority
- 4 Schools235 Students2% Minority
- 19 Schools514 Students4% Minority
Here is an overview of the private school admissions process, as well as the steps needed to find the right private school for your child.
What do teachers earn? Teachers' salaries vary from state to state, indeed, from school to school.
Contract cheating is more common than most of us realize. Finding somebody online to write essays or term papers is fairly easy to do. The way we parents counter immoral behavior like this is to discuss it frequently with our children.