Top New York Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2,099 top private schools in New York, serving 498,574 students.
- The average private school tuition is $12,453 for elementary schools and $23,828 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 77% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 28% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
The Masters School Photo - The Masters School, located on a sprawling, 96-acre campus near the Hudson river, was founded in 1877.
BASIS Independent Brooklyn Photo - Our Early Learning Program (PreK-1, PreK-2, and kindergarten) fosters discovery, independence, and a love of learning.
Green Meadow Waldorf School Photo - Green Meadow is one of the oldest and largest Waldorf schools in North America, offering programs from Parent & Child Classes through Grade 12.
Adelphi Academy of Brooklyn Photo - Adelphi Academy of Brooklyn's historic Bay Ridge campus is located at 8515 Ridge Boulevard, in the heart of Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. .
A Fantis Parochial School Photo - 8th Graders visit Greece as part of a multi-year cultural exchange program.
The Stony Brook School Photo - The Stony Brook School, founded in 1922, is an independent college preparatory school (grades 7-12) that exists to challenge young men and women to know Jesus Christ as Lord, to love others as themselves, and to grow in knowledge and skill, in order that they may serve the world through their character and leadership. "Character Before Career"
Top New York Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 35 Schools5,038 Students20% Minority
- 6 Schools416 Students10% Minority
- 99 Schools33,694 Students72% Minority
- 17 Schools2,329 Students14% Minority
- 5 Schools411 Students14% Minority
- 10 Schools611 Students14% Minority
- 12 Schools671 Students13% Minority
- 8 Schools1,240 Students11% Minority
- 3 Schools195 Students18% Minority
- 7 Schools721 Students12% Minority
- 3 Schools420 Students14% Minority
- 7 Schools480 Students7% Minority
- 3 Schools122 Students97% Minority
- 44 Schools6,201 Students24% Minority
- 99 Schools22,155 Students19% Minority
- 9 Schools748 Students17% Minority
- 5 Schools283 Students3% Minority
- 6 Schools596 Students8% Minority
- 2 Schools77 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools135 Students1% Minority
- 7 Schools1,557 Students30% Minority
- 401 Schools115,090 Students20% Minority
- 3 Schools133 Students3% Minority
- 3 Schools357 Students10% Minority
- 3 Schools292 Students8% Minority
- 71 Schools11,110 Students23% Minority
- 4 Schools319 Students7% Minority
- 150 Schools43,048 Students24% Minority
- 226 Schools61,260 Students35% Minority
- 18 Schools2,373 Students13% Minority
- 13 Schools1,666 Students18% Minority
- 39 Schools5,920 Students19% Minority
- 8 Schools483 Students9% Minority
- 41 Schools18,893 Students12% Minority
- 2 Schools19 Students5% Minority
- 4 Schools382 Students4% Minority
- 6 Schools265 Students14% Minority
- 11 Schools1,046 Students19% Minority
- 219 Schools54,990 Students47% Minority
- 16 Schools3,110 Students20% Minority
- 54 Schools14,977 Students18% Minority
- 78 Schools25,947 Students6% Minority
- 11 Schools824 Students15% Minority
- 18 Schools1,879 Students8% Minority
- 14 Schools2,236 Students27% Minority
- 1 Schools10 Students40% Minority
- 5 Schools255 Students15% Minority
- 8 Schools695 Students11% Minority
- 97 Schools19,720 Students30% Minority
- 8 Schools834 Students15% Minority
- 3 Schools122 Students4% Minority
- 9 Schools643 Students27% Minority
- 16 Schools1,710 Students14% Minority
- 3 Schools479 Students5% Minority
- 4 Schools73 Students3% Minority
- 5 Schools179 Students4% Minority
- 122 Schools29,250 Students34% Minority
- 4 Schools235 Students2% Minority
- 19 Schools514 Students4% Minority
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.