Top New York Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2,095 top private schools in New York, serving 498,091 students.
- The average private school tuition is $12,355 for elementary schools and $24,214 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 78% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 28% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
Lawrence Woodmere Academy Photo - Lawrence Woodmere Academy (LWA"), founded in 1912, is an elite Pre-K through 12, non-sectarian, private, College Preparatory School located in Woodmere, NY.
The School For Young Performers Photo - SYP is committed to providing solutions for the scholastic challenges facing students whose lifestyles or careers are incompatible with the traditional classroom construct.
The Windsor School Photo - Our student body encompasses students from all over the globe. We enroll local and F-1 international students.
The Chapel School Photo - The Chapel School Select Choir has been invited back to sing the National Anthem at a NY Mets game for the past 10 straight years!
Green Meadow Waldorf School Photo - Green Meadow is one of the oldest and largest Waldorf schools in North America, offering programs from Parent & Child Classes through Grade 12.
Professional Children's School Photo - At Professional Children's School, you don't have to choose between a great education and your dreams.
Battery Park Montessori Photo - Our small student-teacher ratios provide rich opportunities for personalized learning and one-one-one support from Montessori-certified teachers with years of experience in child development.
The Stony Brook School Photo - The Stony Brook School, founded in 1922, is an independent college preparatory school (grades 7-12) that exists to challenge young men and women to know Jesus Christ as Lord, to love others as themselves, and to grow in knowledge and skill, in order that they may serve the world through their character and leadership. "Character Before Career"
Top New York Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 34 Schools4,991 Students20% Minority
- 6 Schools416 Students10% Minority
- 99 Schools33,688 Students72% Minority
- 17 Schools2,329 Students14% Minority
- 5 Schools411 Students14% Minority
- 10 Schools615 Students14% Minority
- 12 Schools671 Students13% Minority
- 8 Schools1,224 Students11% Minority
- 3 Schools195 Students18% Minority
- 7 Schools721 Students12% Minority
- 3 Schools420 Students14% Minority
- 7 Schools480 Students7% Minority
- 3 Schools122 Students97% Minority
- 44 Schools6,183 Students24% Minority
- 96 Schools22,051 Students19% Minority
- 9 Schools762 Students17% Minority
- 5 Schools288 Students3% Minority
- 6 Schools596 Students8% Minority
- 2 Schools77 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools135 Students1% Minority
- 7 Schools1,557 Students30% Minority
- 399 Schools115,093 Students19% Minority
- 3 Schools133 Students3% Minority
- 3 Schools357 Students10% Minority
- 3 Schools292 Students8% Minority
- 69 Schools10,741 Students24% Minority
- 4 Schools319 Students7% Minority
- 150 Schools42,806 Students24% Minority
- 227 Schools62,329 Students36% Minority
- 17 Schools2,181 Students11% Minority
- 13 Schools1,666 Students18% Minority
- 39 Schools5,949 Students19% Minority
- 8 Schools483 Students9% Minority
- 42 Schools19,085 Students12% Minority
- 2 Schools23 Students5% Minority
- 4 Schools382 Students4% Minority
- 6 Schools265 Students14% Minority
- 10 Schools896 Students22% Minority
- 218 Schools54,825 Students47% Minority
- 16 Schools3,149 Students20% Minority
- 54 Schools14,811 Students18% Minority
- 77 Schools25,960 Students6% Minority
- 11 Schools824 Students15% Minority
- 18 Schools1,831 Students8% Minority
- 14 Schools2,247 Students27% Minority
- 1 Schools10 Students40% Minority
- 5 Schools255 Students15% Minority
- 8 Schools695 Students11% Minority
- 96 Schools19,506 Students30% Minority
- 8 Schools834 Students15% Minority
- 3 Schools122 Students4% Minority
- 9 Schools644 Students27% Minority
- 16 Schools1,710 Students14% Minority
- 3 Schools479 Students5% Minority
- 4 Schools73 Students3% Minority
- 5 Schools179 Students4% Minority
- 122 Schools28,271 Students35% Minority
- 4 Schools235 Students2% Minority
- 19 Schools514 Students4% Minority
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.