Top New York Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2,104 top private schools in New York, serving 500,098 students.
- The average private school tuition is $12,398 for elementary schools and $23,098 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 77% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 28% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
The Stony Brook School Photo - The Stony Brook School, founded in 1922, is an independent college preparatory school (grades 7-12) that exists to challenge young men and women to know Jesus Christ as Lord, to love others as themselves, and to grow in knowledge and skill, in order that they may serve the world through their character and leadership. "Character Before Career"
Battery Park Montessori Photo - Our small student-teacher ratios provide rich opportunities for personalized learning and one-one-one support from Montessori-certified teachers with years of experience in child development.
The School For Young Performers Photo - SYP is committed to providing solutions for the scholastic challenges facing students whose lifestyles or careers are incompatible with the traditional classroom construct.
Friends Academy Photo - Friends Academy is located on an inviting 65-acre campus in the heart of Long Island's North Shore.
HudsonWay Immersion School Photo - HudsonWay Immersion School–Mandarin Pre-K through Grade 5 Immersion
Winston Preparatory School NY Photo - Winston Prep students participate annually in an all-school Art Show.
The Masters School Photo - The Masters School, located on a sprawling, 96-acre campus near the Hudson river, was founded in 1877.
Top New York Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 35 Schools5,038 Students20% Minority
- 6 Schools416 Students10% Minority
- 99 Schools33,694 Students72% Minority
- 17 Schools2,329 Students14% Minority
- 5 Schools411 Students14% Minority
- 10 Schools611 Students14% Minority
- 12 Schools671 Students13% Minority
- 8 Schools1,240 Students11% Minority
- 3 Schools195 Students18% Minority
- 7 Schools721 Students12% Minority
- 3 Schools420 Students14% Minority
- 7 Schools480 Students7% Minority
- 3 Schools122 Students97% Minority
- 44 Schools6,201 Students24% Minority
- 99 Schools22,155 Students19% Minority
- 9 Schools748 Students17% Minority
- 5 Schools283 Students3% Minority
- 6 Schools596 Students8% Minority
- 2 Schools77 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools135 Students1% Minority
- 7 Schools1,557 Students30% Minority
- 401 Schools115,090 Students20% Minority
- 3 Schools133 Students3% Minority
- 3 Schools357 Students10% Minority
- 3 Schools292 Students8% Minority
- 71 Schools11,110 Students23% Minority
- 4 Schools319 Students7% Minority
- 150 Schools43,048 Students24% Minority
- 226 Schools61,260 Students35% Minority
- 18 Schools2,373 Students13% Minority
- 13 Schools1,666 Students18% Minority
- 39 Schools5,920 Students19% Minority
- 8 Schools483 Students9% Minority
- 41 Schools18,893 Students12% Minority
- 2 Schools19 Students5% Minority
- 4 Schools382 Students4% Minority
- 6 Schools265 Students14% Minority
- 11 Schools1,046 Students19% Minority
- 219 Schools54,990 Students47% Minority
- 16 Schools3,110 Students20% Minority
- 54 Schools14,977 Students18% Minority
- 78 Schools25,947 Students6% Minority
- 11 Schools824 Students15% Minority
- 18 Schools1,879 Students8% Minority
- 14 Schools2,236 Students27% Minority
- 1 Schools10 Students40% Minority
- 5 Schools255 Students15% Minority
- 8 Schools695 Students11% Minority
- 97 Schools19,720 Students30% Minority
- 8 Schools834 Students15% Minority
- 3 Schools122 Students4% Minority
- 9 Schools643 Students27% Minority
- 16 Schools1,710 Students14% Minority
- 3 Schools479 Students5% Minority
- 4 Schools73 Students3% Minority
- 5 Schools179 Students4% Minority
- 122 Schools29,250 Students34% Minority
- 4 Schools235 Students2% Minority
- 19 Schools514 Students4% Minority
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.