Top New York Private Schools
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2,049 top private schools in New York, serving 490,890 students.
- The average private school tuition is $12,675 for elementary schools and $24,306 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 77% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 28% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
Friends Academy Photo - Friends Academy is located on an inviting 65-acre campus in the heart of Long Island's North Shore.
The School For Young Performers Photo - SYP is committed to providing solutions for the scholastic challenges facing students whose lifestyles or careers are incompatible with the traditional classroom construct.
Lawrence Woodmere Academy Photo - Lawrence Woodmere Academy (LWA"), founded in 1912, is an elite Pre-K through 12, non-sectarian, private, College Preparatory School located in Woodmere, NY.
Harbor Country Day School Photo - Harbor cherishes childhood, cultivates wonder and inspires confident learners and leaders.
Adelphi Academy of Brooklyn Photo - Adelphi Academy of Brooklyn's historic Bay Ridge campus is located at 8515 Ridge Boulevard, in the heart of Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. .
Battery Park Montessori Photo - Our small student-teacher ratios provide rich opportunities for personalized learning and one-one-one support from Montessori-certified teachers with years of experience in child development.
Garden School Photo - Garden School is a co-ed, nursery to grade 12, fully-accredited, independent college prep school in Jackson Heights, Queens.
Pine Street School Photo - At Pine Street School, students collaborate across all areas of the curriculum, in two languages - English and either Spanish or Mandarin. Native speakers work alongside non-native speakers with expert teachers supporting. Literacy is central to their work and incorporated into everything they do. Classrooms support project-based inquiry and highly individualized learning for each student.
Rippowam Cisqua School Photo - Rippowam Cisqua School (Upper Campus): Middle school students seek structured opportunities for adventure and discovery, while still yearning to play freely. A specialized curriculum for ninth graders accelerates their academic and leadership skills. Our new multimillion-dollar Upper Campus, built specifically for students age 11-15, provides the best environment to navigate this dynamic period of academic and emotional development.
Top New York Private Schools by County (2019-20)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 34 Schools4,986 Students20% Minority
- 6 Schools409 Students10% Minority
- 98 Schools33,569 Students72% Minority
- 17 Schools2,329 Students14% Minority
- 5 Schools411 Students14% Minority
- 10 Schools615 Students14% Minority
- 12 Schools671 Students13% Minority
- 8 Schools1,224 Students11% Minority
- 3 Schools195 Students18% Minority
- 7 Schools721 Students12% Minority
- 3 Schools420 Students14% Minority
- 6 Schools451 Students7% Minority
- 2 Schools40 Students92% Minority
- 44 Schools6,142 Students24% Minority
- 93 Schools21,509 Students19% Minority
- 8 Schools675 Students18% Minority
- 5 Schools288 Students3% Minority
- 6 Schools596 Students8% Minority
- 2 Schools77 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools135 Students1% Minority
- 7 Schools1,557 Students30% Minority
- 391 Schools114,315 Students19% Minority
- 3 Schools133 Students3% Minority
- 3 Schools357 Students10% Minority
- 3 Schools292 Students8% Minority
- 68 Schools10,710 Students24% Minority
- 4 Schools319 Students7% Minority
- 150 Schools42,718 Students24% Minority
- 225 Schools61,216 Students35% Minority
- 17 Schools2,182 Students11% Minority
- 13 Schools1,668 Students18% Minority
- 38 Schools5,923 Students19% Minority
- 6 Schools357 Students7% Minority
- 41 Schools18,901 Students12% Minority
- 2 Schools30 Students5% Minority
- 4 Schools382 Students4% Minority
- 6 Schools265 Students14% Minority
- 10 Schools896 Students22% Minority
- 214 Schools54,141 Students47% Minority
- 16 Schools3,149 Students20% Minority
- 51 Schools14,148 Students18% Minority
- 75 Schools24,934 Students6% Minority
- 11 Schools824 Students15% Minority
- 18 Schools1,831 Students8% Minority
- 14 Schools2,232 Students27% Minority
- 1 Schools10 Students40% Minority
- 4 Schools233 Students17% Minority
- 8 Schools695 Students11% Minority
- 93 Schools19,004 Students30% Minority
- 7 Schools833 Students14% Minority
- 3 Schools122 Students4% Minority
- 9 Schools644 Students27% Minority
- 16 Schools1,710 Students14% Minority
- 3 Schools479 Students5% Minority
- 3 Schools35 Students- Minority
- 5 Schools179 Students4% Minority
- 120 Schools27,639 Students34% Minority
- 4 Schools235 Students2% Minority
- 19 Schools514 Students4% Minority
The benefits of studying a dead language.
Tuition at private schools varies from nothing at a few schools to over $100,000 for the most expensive school.
Finding a school which will accept your child after the normal admissions deadline has passed is not easy. But it can be done.