New York Private Schools
- There are 2,109 private schools in New York, serving 500,819 students.
- The average private school tuition is $12,214 for elementary schools and $22,078 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 78% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 28% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
The Masters School, located on a sprawling, 96-acre campus near the Hudson river, was founded in 1877.
Garden School is a co-ed, nursery to grade 12, fully-accredited, independent college prep school in Jackson Heights, Queens.
The Stony Brook School, founded in 1922, is an independent college preparatory school (grades 7-12) that exists to challenge young men and women to know Jesus Christ as Lord, to love others as themselves, and to grow in knowledge and skill, in order that they may serve the world through their character and leadership. 'Character Before Career'
Rippowam Cisqua School (Upper Campus): Middle school students seek structured opportunities for adventure and discovery, while still yearning to play freely. A specialized curriculum for ninth graders accelerates their academic and leadership skills. Our new multimillion-dollar Upper Campus, built specifically for students age 11-15, provides the best environment to navigate this dynamic period of academic and emotional development.
At Pine Street School, students collaborate across all areas of the curriculum, in two languages - English and either Spanish or Mandarin. Native speakers work alongside non-native speakers with expert teachers supporting. Literacy is central to their work and incorporated into everything they do. Classrooms support project-based inquiry and highly individualized learning for each student.
The Chapel School Select Choir has been invited back to sing the National Anthem at a NY Mets game for the past 10 straight years!
Adelphi Academy of Brooklyn's historic Bay Ridge campus is located at 8515 Ridge Boulevard, in the heart of Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. .
New York Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 35 Schools5,029 Students20% Minority
- 6 Schools428 Students10% Minority
- 99 Schools33,682 Students72% Minority
- 17 Schools2,329 Students14% Minority
- 5 Schools411 Students14% Minority
- 10 Schools611 Students14% Minority
- 12 Schools671 Students13% Minority
- 8 Schools1,240 Students11% Minority
- 3 Schools214 Students18% Minority
- 7 Schools721 Students12% Minority
- 3 Schools420 Students14% Minority
- 7 Schools480 Students7% Minority
- 3 Schools122 Students97% Minority
- 44 Schools6,201 Students24% Minority
- 99 Schools22,277 Students19% Minority
- 9 Schools748 Students17% Minority
- 5 Schools283 Students3% Minority
- 6 Schools596 Students8% Minority
- 2 Schools77 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools135 Students1% Minority
- 7 Schools1,557 Students30% Minority
- 402 Schools115,503 Students20% Minority
- 3 Schools133 Students3% Minority
- 3 Schools357 Students10% Minority
- 3 Schools292 Students8% Minority
- 72 Schools11,204 Students23% Minority
- 4 Schools319 Students7% Minority
- 150 Schools43,152 Students24% Minority
- 223 Schools61,921 Students35% Minority
- 18 Schools2,373 Students13% Minority
- 13 Schools1,666 Students18% Minority
- 39 Schools5,920 Students19% Minority
- 8 Schools483 Students9% Minority
- 41 Schools18,893 Students12% Minority
- 2 Schools19 Students5% Minority
- 4 Schools382 Students4% Minority
- 6 Schools265 Students14% Minority
- 11 Schools1,046 Students19% Minority
- 219 Schools55,020 Students47% Minority
- 16 Schools3,110 Students20% Minority
- 54 Schools14,977 Students18% Minority
- 78 Schools25,947 Students6% Minority
- 11 Schools824 Students15% Minority
- 18 Schools1,879 Students8% Minority
- 14 Schools2,236 Students27% Minority
- 1 Schools10 Students40% Minority
- 5 Schools255 Students15% Minority
- 8 Schools695 Students11% Minority
- 97 Schools19,720 Students30% Minority
- 8 Schools834 Students15% Minority
- 3 Schools122 Students4% Minority
- 9 Schools643 Students27% Minority
- 16 Schools1,710 Students14% Minority
- 3 Schools479 Students5% Minority
- 4 Schools73 Students3% Minority
- 5 Schools179 Students4% Minority
- 122 Schools29,197 Students34% Minority
- 4 Schools235 Students2% Minority
- 19 Schools514 Students4% Minority
August 19, 2018
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.
August 16, 2018
If you have been teaching for a few years, chances are that you will need to consider rebranding yourself.
July 24, 2018
We identify changes in The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which impact not-for-profit private schools.