Top New York Private Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 2,048 top private schools in New York, serving 489,619 students.
- The average private school tuition is $12,980 for elementary schools and $24,567 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 77% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 28% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
The School For Young Performers Photo - SYP is committed to providing a meaningful one-on-one education for students whose lifestyles, professions or learning styles are incompatible with the traditional classroom construct.
THINK Global School Photo - Our time in Greece included a week-long recreation of Homer's The Odyssey
Pine Street School Photo - At Pine Street School, students collaborate across all areas of the curriculum, in two languages - English and either Spanish or Mandarin. Native speakers work alongside non-native speakers with expert teachers supporting. Literacy is central to their work and incorporated into everything they do. Classrooms support project-based inquiry and highly individualized learning for each student.
The Windsor School Photo - Our student body encompasses students from all over the globe. We enroll local and F-1 international students.
Rippowam Cisqua School Photo - Rippowam Cisqua School (Upper Campus): Middle school students seek structured opportunities for adventure and discovery, while still yearning to play freely. A specialized curriculum for ninth graders accelerates their academic and leadership skills. Our new multimillion-dollar Upper Campus, built specifically for students age 11-15, provides the best environment to navigate this dynamic period of academic and emotional development.
Buffalo Seminary Photo - Our 5- and 7-day boarding programs offer the opportunity to live in historic homes led by faculty members in family-style living.
The Stony Brook School Photo - The Stony Brook School, founded in 1922, is an independent college preparatory school (grades 7-12) that exists to challenge young men and women to know Jesus Christ as Lord, to love others as themselves, and to grow in knowledge and skill, in order that they may serve the world through their character and leadership. "Character Before Career"
Top New York Private Schools by County (2020)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 34 Schools4,986 Students20% Minority
- 6 Schools409 Students10% Minority
- 98 Schools33,569 Students72% Minority
- 17 Schools2,329 Students14% Minority
- 5 Schools411 Students14% Minority
- 10 Schools615 Students14% Minority
- 12 Schools671 Students13% Minority
- 8 Schools1,224 Students11% Minority
- 3 Schools195 Students18% Minority
- 7 Schools721 Students12% Minority
- 3 Schools420 Students14% Minority
- 6 Schools451 Students7% Minority
- 2 Schools40 Students92% Minority
- 44 Schools6,142 Students24% Minority
- 93 Schools21,509 Students19% Minority
- 8 Schools675 Students18% Minority
- 5 Schools288 Students3% Minority
- 6 Schools596 Students8% Minority
- 2 Schools77 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools135 Students1% Minority
- 7 Schools1,557 Students30% Minority
- 391 Schools114,315 Students19% Minority
- 3 Schools133 Students3% Minority
- 3 Schools357 Students10% Minority
- 3 Schools292 Students8% Minority
- 68 Schools10,710 Students24% Minority
- 4 Schools319 Students7% Minority
- 150 Schools42,718 Students24% Minority
- 225 Schools61,216 Students35% Minority
- 17 Schools2,182 Students11% Minority
- 13 Schools1,668 Students18% Minority
- 38 Schools5,923 Students19% Minority
- 6 Schools357 Students7% Minority
- 41 Schools18,901 Students12% Minority
- 2 Schools30 Students5% Minority
- 4 Schools382 Students4% Minority
- 6 Schools265 Students14% Minority
- 10 Schools896 Students22% Minority
- 214 Schools54,141 Students47% Minority
- 16 Schools3,149 Students20% Minority
- 51 Schools14,148 Students18% Minority
- 75 Schools24,934 Students6% Minority
- 11 Schools824 Students15% Minority
- 18 Schools1,831 Students8% Minority
- 14 Schools2,232 Students27% Minority
- 1 Schools10 Students40% Minority
- 4 Schools233 Students17% Minority
- 8 Schools695 Students11% Minority
- 93 Schools19,004 Students30% Minority
- 7 Schools833 Students14% Minority
- 3 Schools122 Students4% Minority
- 9 Schools644 Students27% Minority
- 16 Schools1,710 Students14% Minority
- 3 Schools479 Students5% Minority
- 3 Schools35 Students- Minority
- 5 Schools179 Students4% Minority
- 120 Schools27,639 Students34% Minority
- 4 Schools235 Students2% Minority
- 19 Schools514 Students4% Minority
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.