Top New York Private Schools
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 2,047 top private schools in New York, serving 480,281 students.
- The average private school tuition is $13,000 for elementary schools and $25,267 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 77% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 29% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
Lawrence Woodmere Academy Photo - Lawrence Woodmere Academy (LWA"), founded in 1912, is an elite Pre-K through 12, non-sectarian, private, College Preparatory School located in Woodmere, NY.
Garden School Photo - Private, door-to-door bus transportation using our own buses and drivers, a lunch program and tuition assistance are available.Weekly Open Houses are scheduled every Wednesday at 9 AM. No RSVP is necessary and your child is welcome. Private tours are scheduled at your convenience.
The Knox School Photo - As an institution that is mission-driven and intentional in its structure and purpose, The Knox School created its academic program to provide capable students with opportunities to excel within a liberal arts program that is infused with artistic and athletic pursuits in preparation for higher education at selective colleges and universities.
Buffalo Seminary Photo - Our 5- and 7-day boarding programs offer the opportunity to live in historic homes led by faculty members in family-style living.
Friends Academy Photo - Our 65-acre campus is designed to provide students with both a serene and stimulating backdrop thatenriches their educational experience. Our expansive athletic fields and state-of-the-art theater foster our creative spirit and fuel our competitive edge. At the center of our academic buildings lies our beautiful Quad, which is a gathering point for our entire community.
Professional Children's School Photo - At Professional Children's School, you don't have to choose between a great education and your dreams.
The Stony Brook School Photo - The Stony Brook School, founded in 1922, is an independent college preparatory school (grades 7-12) that exists to challenge young men and women to know Jesus Christ as Lord, to love others as themselves, and to grow in knowledge and skill, in order that they may serve the world through their character and leadership. "Character Before Career"
The Chapel School Photo - The Chapel School Select Choir has been invited back to sing the National Anthem at a NY Mets game for the past 15 straight years!
Top New York Private Schools by County (2020-21)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 35 Schools4,746 Students21% Minority
- 6 Schools402 Students10% Minority
- 97 Schools31,764 Students74% Minority
- 15 Schools1,897 Students19% Minority
- 6 Schools433 Students14% Minority
- 10 Schools580 Students13% Minority
- 13 Schools681 Students13% Minority
- 9 Schools1,209 Students12% Minority
- 3 Schools195 Students18% Minority
- 7 Schools715 Students10% Minority
- 4 Schools450 Students14% Minority
- 7 Schools448 Students7% Minority
- 2 Schools23 Students81% Minority
- 45 Schools6,073 Students26% Minority
- 94 Schools21,025 Students21% Minority
- 8 Schools685 Students18% Minority
- 5 Schools312 Students3% Minority
- 6 Schools570 Students7% Minority
- 2 Schools77 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools120 Students8% Minority
- 7 Schools1,326 Students17% Minority
- 383 Schools113,941 Students20% Minority
- 3 Schools133 Students3% Minority
- 3 Schools374 Students12% Minority
- 3 Schools273 Students6% Minority
- 66 Schools10,255 Students24% Minority
- 5 Schools433 Students7% Minority
- 145 Schools39,484 Students23% Minority
- 225 Schools62,297 Students34% Minority
- 17 Schools2,039 Students9% Minority
- 13 Schools1,579 Students19% Minority
- 37 Schools5,515 Students23% Minority
- 6 Schools349 Students7% Minority
- 43 Schools19,398 Students12% Minority
- 2 Schools30 Students5% Minority
- 4 Schools387 Students5% Minority
- 6 Schools329 Students13% Minority
- 11 Schools841 Students24% Minority
- 210 Schools52,863 Students44% Minority
- 16 Schools2,839 Students25% Minority
- 51 Schools13,892 Students23% Minority
- 77 Schools22,907 Students9% Minority
- 11 Schools798 Students15% Minority
- 16 Schools1,890 Students11% Minority
- 14 Schools2,151 Students30% Minority
- 1 Schools7 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools242 Students18% Minority
- 8 Schools643 Students13% Minority
- 94 Schools18,106 Students33% Minority
- 7 Schools817 Students11% Minority
- 3 Schools108 Students3% Minority
- 9 Schools656 Students24% Minority
- 17 Schools1,706 Students15% Minority
- 3 Schools533 Students7% Minority
- 3 Schools38 Students3% Minority
- 5 Schools177 Students4% Minority
- 118 Schools27,764 Students36% Minority
- 4 Schools224 Students2% Minority
- 20 Schools533 Students4% Minority
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?