New York Private Schools
- There are 1,985 private schools in New York, serving 464,731 students.
- The average private school tuition is $11,343 for elementary schools and $21,925 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 79% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 29% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
The Chapel School Select Choir has been invited back to sing the National Anthem at a NY Mets game for the past 10 straight years!
SYP is committed to providing solutions for the scholastic challenges facing students whose lifestyles or careers are incompatible with the traditional classroom construct.
Green Meadow is one of the oldest and largest Waldorf schools in North America, offering programs from Parent & Child Classes through Grade 12.
Garden School is a co-ed, nursery to grade 12, fully-accredited, independent college prep school in Jackson Heights, Queens.
The Stony Brook School, founded in 1922, is an independent college preparatory school (grades 7-12) that exists to challenge young men and women to know Jesus Christ as Lord, to love others as themselves, and to grow in knowledge and skill, in order that they may serve the world through their character and leadership. 'Character Before Career'
New York Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 32 Schools4,874 Students21% Minority
- 5 Schools359 Students7% Minority
- 98 Schools34,213 Students66% Minority
- 12 Schools1,870 Students12% Minority
- 5 Schools388 Students17% Minority
- 9 Schools579 Students13% Minority
- 10 Schools628 Students19% Minority
- 8 Schools1,236 Students10% Minority
- 3 Schools238 Students17% Minority
- 7 Schools737 Students27% Minority
- 3 Schools420 Students20% Minority
- 6 Schools441 Students10% Minority
- 3 Schools129 Students69% Minority
- 43 Schools6,092 Students22% Minority
- 99 Schools21,916 Students20% Minority
- 8 Schools667 Students9% Minority
- 5 Schools273 Students4% Minority
- 6 Schools602 Students7% Minority
- 2 Schools77 Students16% Minority
- 2 Schools150 Students3% Minority
- 7 Schools1,606 Students15% Minority
- 366 Schools102,365 Students23% Minority
- 3 Schools139 Students1% Minority
- 3 Schools354 Students7% Minority
- 3 Schools333 Students12% Minority
- 72 Schools11,678 Students27% Minority
- 4 Schools288 Students15% Minority
- 144 Schools40,283 Students22% Minority
- 199 Schools57,160 Students33% Minority
- 17 Schools2,240 Students11% Minority
- 10 Schools1,421 Students20% Minority
- 38 Schools6,330 Students21% Minority
- 8 Schools496 Students11% Minority
- 39 Schools16,586 Students9% Minority
- 2 Schools27 Students18% Minority
- 4 Schools347 Students4% Minority
- 6 Schools298 Students19% Minority
- 11 Schools1,141 Students10% Minority
- 208 Schools48,163 Students51% Minority
- 16 Schools3,250 Students15% Minority
- 51 Schools15,040 Students20% Minority
- 67 Schools18,418 Students10% Minority
- 8 Schools719 Students13% Minority
- 17 Schools1,920 Students17% Minority
- 14 Schools2,328 Students29% Minority
- 1 Schools10 Students- Minority
- 5 Schools286 Students39% Minority
- 7 Schools607 Students9% Minority
- 99 Schools21,114 Students21% Minority
- 7 Schools811 Students13% Minority
- 3 Schools138 Students4% Minority
- 8 Schools595 Students24% Minority
- 14 Schools1,660 Students15% Minority
- 3 Schools534 Students6% Minority
- 4 Schools78 Students4% Minority
- 5 Schools191 Students3% Minority
- 122 Schools29,507 Students33% Minority
- 4 Schools144 Students2% Minority
- 17 Schools578 Students9% Minority
April 20, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
April 19, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
April 10, 2018
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.