Top New York Private Schools
For the 2021 school year, there are 2,004 top private schools in New York, serving 470,858 students.
Friends Academy Photo - Our 65-acre campus is designed to provide students with both a serene and stimulating backdrop thatenriches their educational experience. Our expansive athletic fields and state-of-the-art theater foster our creative spirit and fuel our competitive edge. At the center of our academic buildings lies our beautiful Quad, which is a gathering point for our entire community.
Winston Preparatory School NY Photo - Winston Prep students participate annually in an all-school Art Show.
The Knox School Photo - As an institution that is mission-driven and intentional in its structure and purpose, The Knox School created its academic program to provide capable students with opportunities to excel within a liberal arts program that is infused with artistic and athletic pursuits in preparation for higher education at selective colleges and universities.
Lawrence Woodmere Academy Photo - Lawrence Woodmere Academy (LWA"), founded in 1912, is an elite Pre-K through 12, non-sectarian, private, College Preparatory School located in Woodmere, NY.
The Chapel School Photo - The Chapel School Select Choir has been invited back to sing the National Anthem at a NY Mets game for the past 15 straight years!
The IDEAL School of Manhattan Photo - Upper School students take their sketchbooks to Riverside Park for their visual art class.
Rippowam Cisqua School Photo - Rippowam Cisqua School (Upper Campus): Middle school students seek structured opportunities for adventure and discovery, while still yearning to play freely. A specialized curriculum for ninth graders accelerates their academic and leadership skills. Our new multimillion-dollar Upper Campus, built specifically for students age 11-15, provides the best environment to navigate this dynamic period of academic and emotional development.
BASIS Independent Brooklyn Photo - Our Early Learning Program (PreK-1, PreK-2, and kindergarten) fosters discovery, independence, and a love of learning.
Top New York Private Schools by County (2021)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 35 Schools4,746 Students21% Minority
- 6 Schools402 Students10% Minority
- 97 Schools31,764 Students74% Minority
- 15 Schools1,897 Students19% Minority
- 6 Schools433 Students14% Minority
- 10 Schools580 Students13% Minority
- 13 Schools681 Students13% Minority
- 9 Schools1,209 Students12% Minority
- 3 Schools195 Students18% Minority
- 7 Schools715 Students10% Minority
- 4 Schools450 Students14% Minority
- 7 Schools448 Students7% Minority
- 2 Schools23 Students81% Minority
- 45 Schools6,058 Students26% Minority
- 94 Schools21,025 Students21% Minority
- 8 Schools685 Students18% Minority
- 5 Schools312 Students3% Minority
- 6 Schools570 Students7% Minority
- 2 Schools77 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools120 Students8% Minority
- 7 Schools1,326 Students17% Minority
- 383 Schools113,941 Students20% Minority
- 3 Schools133 Students3% Minority
- 3 Schools374 Students12% Minority
- 3 Schools273 Students6% Minority
- 66 Schools10,184 Students24% Minority
- 5 Schools433 Students7% Minority
- 145 Schools39,484 Students23% Minority
- 225 Schools62,271 Students34% Minority
- 17 Schools2,039 Students9% Minority
- 13 Schools1,579 Students19% Minority
- 37 Schools5,515 Students23% Minority
- 6 Schools349 Students7% Minority
- 43 Schools19,398 Students12% Minority
- 2 Schools30 Students5% Minority
- 4 Schools387 Students5% Minority
- 6 Schools329 Students13% Minority
- 11 Schools841 Students24% Minority
- 210 Schools52,890 Students44% Minority
- 16 Schools2,839 Students25% Minority
- 51 Schools13,895 Students23% Minority
- 77 Schools22,907 Students9% Minority
- 11 Schools798 Students15% Minority
- 16 Schools1,890 Students11% Minority
- 14 Schools2,151 Students30% Minority
- 1 Schools7 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools242 Students18% Minority
- 8 Schools643 Students13% Minority
- 95 Schools18,132 Students33% Minority
- 7 Schools817 Students11% Minority
- 3 Schools108 Students3% Minority
- 9 Schools656 Students24% Minority
- 17 Schools1,706 Students15% Minority
- 3 Schools533 Students7% Minority
- 3 Schools38 Students3% Minority
- 5 Schools177 Students4% Minority
- 118 Schools27,764 Students36% Minority
- 4 Schools224 Students2% Minority
- 20 Schools533 Students4% Minority
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.