Top New York Religiously Affiliated Schools
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 1347 top religiously affiliated private schools in New York (66% of all schools), serving 368,385 students.
The Chapel School Photo - The Chapel School Select Choir has been invited back to sing the National Anthem at a NY Mets game for the past 15 straight years!
Friends Academy Photo - Our 65-acre campus is designed to provide students with both a serene and stimulating backdrop thatenriches their educational experience. Our expansive athletic fields and state-of-the-art theater foster our creative spirit and fuel our competitive edge. At the center of our academic buildings lies our beautiful Quad, which is a gathering point for our entire community.
The Stony Brook School Photo - The Stony Brook School, founded in 1922, is an independent college preparatory school (grades 7-12) that exists to challenge young men and women to know Jesus Christ as Lord, to love others as themselves, and to grow in knowledge and skill, in order that they may serve the world through their character and leadership. "Character Before Career"
Immaculate Heart Central School Photo - IHC Primary School students reunite on the first day of school. The Primary School includes grades K-3, as well as the St. John Bosco Pre-School program, which offers programs for 3 and 4 year olds, as well as the area's first Junior Kindergarten for young 5-year olds and mature 4-year olds.
St Joseph School Photo - All students in grades 5-8 learn to play an instrument in the award-winning St. Joseph School Band.
Sacred Heart School Photo - Third, fourth and fifth grade teachers ensure mastery of key math topics and, in ELA, students write longer, opinionated pieces so they can share their thoughts with others. As it is with all students in Sacred Heart, character and spiritual education unify all aspects of the curriculum.
Dominican Academy Photo - Congratulations, Class of 2016! The 58 graduates include 6 National Merit Scholars and 1 National Merit Finalist! Colleges of attendance include: Cornell, Princeton, the College of William and Mary, Fordham, Villanova, and Trinity College Dublin
Top New York Private Schools by Religious Affiliation (2020-21)
- Religious Affiliation# Schools# Students% Minority
- 5 Schools1,236 Students36.17% Minority
- 11 Schools360 Students- Minority
- 11 Schools878 Students53.52% Minority
- 65 Schools4,334 Students44.39% Minority
- 2 Schools97 Students50.52% Minority
- 1 Schools23 Students100.00% Minority
- 122 Schools12,201 Students44.16% Minority
- 3 Schools231 Students47.37% Minority
- 7 Schools514 Students96.18% Minority
- 1 Schools84 Students100.00% Minority
- 16 Schools3,924 Students32.16% Minority
- 7 Schools1,172 Students47.25% Minority
- 6 Schools2,841 Students24.61% Minority
- 13 Schools2,988 Students10.61% Minority
- 31 Schools5,966 Students68.64% Minority
- 350 Schools140,304 Students2.59% Minority
- 32 Schools3,703 Students42.22% Minority
- 26 Schools716 Students5.16% Minority
- 6 Schools427 Students11.98% Minority
- 3 Schools372 Students86.71% Minority
- 14 Schools779 Students49.91% Minority
- 3 Schools480 Students61.63% Minority
- 578 Schools181,695 Students42.75% Minority
- 34 Schools3,060 Students96.29% Minority
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?