New York Religiously Affiliated Schools
- There are 1402 religiously affiliated private schools in New York (67% of all schools), serving 389,159 students.
The Stony Brook School, founded in 1922, is an independent college preparatory school (grades 7-12) that exists to challenge young men and women to know Jesus Christ as Lord, to love others as themselves, and to grow in knowledge and skill, in order that they may serve the world through their character and leadership. 'Character Before Career'
The Chapel School Select Choir has been invited back to sing the National Anthem at a NY Mets game for the past 10 straight years!
Augustine has a robust athletic program. In our 8 years we have seen athletes recruited by NCAA DI programs at Princeton, Harvard, Stanford, U. Penn and the US Naval Academy. Pictured is Emma Hopkins '16 at the Stotesbury Cup, America's largest scholastic regatta. She went on to make the US National Team and raced at the 2016 World Championships.
Kadimah's first grade class holding its annual Siddur Presentation, demonstrating to the audience through song, poems and dance, all the things they have learned throughout the year in their Hebrew curriculum.
New York Private Schools by Religious Affiliation
- Religious Affiliation# Schools# Students% Minority
- 1 Schools47 Students100.00% Minority
- 11 Schools346 Students- Minority
- 13 Schools1,632 Students74.06% Minority
- 69 Schools4,589 Students38.40% Minority
- 3 Schools99 Students53.26% Minority
- 123 Schools12,677 Students37.60% Minority
- 2 Schools110 Students65.00% Minority
- 7 Schools564 Students87.88% Minority
- 2 Schools101 Students100.00% Minority
- 16 Schools3,790 Students31.85% Minority
- 9 Schools1,405 Students49.55% Minority
- 7 Schools3,033 Students26.41% Minority
- 13 Schools3,404 Students7.88% Minority
- 32 Schools5,344 Students60.92% Minority
- 357 Schools143,297 Students2.86% Minority
- 34 Schools4,386 Students42.32% Minority
- 25 Schools699 Students5.39% Minority
- 1 Schools16 Students100.00% Minority
- 10 Schools802 Students33.64% Minority
- 3 Schools295 Students52.23% Minority
- 17 Schools833 Students71.41% Minority
- 4 Schools527 Students61.04% Minority
- 609 Schools197,879 Students41.71% Minority
- 34 Schools3,284 Students95.96% Minority
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.