A Fantis School
A Fantis School Photo #3 - Middle School Team wins an award during Billion Oyster Project at Governors island.
A Fantis School Photo #8 - Students learn STEM in partnership with Vanderbilt University professors.
- Reimagining Classical Education A. Fantis is a small, private and inclusive Greek Orthodox school in Brooklyn Heights for preschool to grade 8.
- Graduates enter their high schools of choice fluent in Greek and educated in the Socratic Method with strong faith as foundation.
- "Teach children in a way that fits their needs, and they will not leave the right path.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council of Bilingual Education|
|Religious Affiliation||Greek Orthodox|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||175 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Algebra, History, Living Environment, Modern Greek|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(K-8 wears school uniform.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 15 / Mar. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,750|
|Tuition Notes||Visit our website for complete information on tuition and after-school options. https://afantis.org/admissions/tuition-and-fees/|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,325|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Stelene Argyriou|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, Indoor Soccer, Martial Arts, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Dance,|
Indoor Soccer, Martial Arts,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Advanced Art, Chess Team, Math Team, Newspaper Club, Robotics Club, Robotics Team, Science Olympiad
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Drama, Drum Line, Guitar, Piano, Violin, Voice Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Dear Friends and Visitors,
- On behalf of the A. Fantis School, I would like to thank you for taking the time to learn more about our program. I encourage you to explore our website to get a better sense of our community, the depth and breadth of programs and our exemplary outcomes. More importantly, I hope you will spend some time to visit our school at one of our Open Houses or other public event, so you can tour our facilities, speak with our remarkable teachers, and meet our wonderful students.
- A. Fanits is a hidden gem tucked away in Brooklyn Heights that recently celebrated its 55th anniversary. We are exceptionally proud of the strong tradition of our academic program, which balances rigorous study with dynamic and engaging school life. Strong faith and character education create a familiar environment where students feel comfortable and safe, allowing them to take risks and overcome challenges. A student-centered, inquiry-based educational philosophy helps faculty create personalized learning environments where students are actively engaged and properly challenged. Faculty work together closely and often throughout the year to promote active learning through exploration, experimentation, and collaboration in all grade levels.
- As I cross the Brooklyn Bridge each morning, I realize how blessed I am to be leading such a dynamic and innovative school. The Fantis students and faculty are unique, driven, focused and motivated, yet with a caring, lighthearted and joyful attitude. Students and faculty are serious about learning and pushing their potential, yet they understand how to enjoy the small moments. It is this passion, motivation and strong grounding in their faith and themselves that allows our students to matriculate from the premier high schools and universities.Principal Theodore Tasoulas reads to Fantis studentsFantis students discover who they are through a program of established excellence, integrated curriculum, personalized attention, and a faith that guides us to serve others along the way. Our graduates benefit from years of intensive study of Greek language and classical Hellenic culture. Cultural exchange programs, daily language practice and in-depth study of ancient Greek history, philosophy and mythology are grounded in the principles of Classical Greek Paideia. After a decade of study, Fantis graduates move to high school with the ability to fluently communicate in another language, a deep understanding of the universal ideals of Hellenism and a true appreciation of another culture. These are extraordinary gifts that are bestowed upon our graduates, which will serve them well in secondary school, careers and life.
- I consider it my duty to continue the A. Fantis founding mission, and indeed, it has been a privilege to serve our families and students. Our singular focus is to provide a unique educational experience that will form the bedrock upon which our boys and girls can build lives that bring them, and others, joy, purpose and fulfillment. Watching them mature and develop into fine young men and women is the reason why we do this work.
- Theodore G. Tasoulas
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Grades: NS-PK | 70 students
265 Sumpter Street
Brooklyn, NY 11233
(718)452-1200 4.1 NS-PK
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-8 | 167 students
5224 3rd Ave Ste 1
Brooklyn, NY 11220
(718)567-3334 3.3 PK-8
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.