Brooklyn Friends School
- Guided by the Quaker belief that there is a Divine Light in everyone, Brooklyn Friends School cultivates an intellectually ambitious and diverse community that celebrates each individual's gifts.
- We challenge our students to value and embrace difference as they develop critical thinking skills and apply their knowledge and intelligence both in and out of the classroom.
- In this rich learning environment, we inspire all members of our community to voice their convictions, to discover and pursue their passions, and to seek truth.
- Our graduates are compassionate, curious, and confident global citizens who let their lives speak in the spirit of leadership and service.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Friends Council on Education (FCE)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||859 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||133 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Oct. 15 / Nov. 30|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$45,400|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Swimming, Track and Field,
- Please visit the school's website for detailed information on application requirements for each division http://www.brooklynfriends.org/admissions.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-12 | 1023 students
170 Joralemon St
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(718)250-0221 0.2 PK-12
- Brooklyn Grades: NS-12 | 1120 students
9216 Seventh Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11228
(718)836-9800 5.9 NS-12
Excellent academics and challenging curriculum, superb teachers, a meaningful focus on social issues and involved, caring staff.
- Posted by Parent - Noon