Berkeley Carroll School
- A passion for learning is at the heart of Berkeley Carroll.
- The school is a creative and intellectual community where devoted teachers challenge and engage talented students.
- Our demanding curriculum and vibrant civic life prepare our diverse graduates for success in college and for the greater endeavor-a life of critical, ethical, and global thinking.
- Berkeley Carroll is an independent, college preparatory day school in Brooklyn providing coeducational programs for children in prekindergarten through grade 12.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||818 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||105 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||There is a tuition schedule for Pre-K - 12th grade. www.berkeleycarroll.org/admissions/tuition|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Vanessa C. Prescott|
|Admissions Associate||Jennifer Brown|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||39 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||8th Grade Upper School Buddies Program, Amnesty International, Art Squad, Awareness Day Facilitators, Best Buddies, Blotter (School Newspaper), Broadway Club, Chamber, Choir, Comic Book Club, DAIS, Dance Club, Diversity Day Facilitators, Environmental Club, Film Appreciation, GASP, Girls to Women, Honor Council, Jazz Band, Lion's Pride (Community Service Club), Mu Alpha Theta (Math Club), NIA, P.O.C. (People of Color), Peer Leadership, Peer Tutors Program, Photo Club, POC Lower School Buddies Program, Psychology Club, Reflections (School Literary Magazine), Social Justice, Speech and Debate, Student Ambassador Program, Student Diversity Leadership Conference, Student Government, Sustainability Club, Theater Tech, United Nations Group, World Affairs Breakfast Club, Yearbook|
- Berkeley Carroll is an independent, college preparatory day school in Brooklyn providing coeducational programs for children in prekindergarten through grade 12. A BC education enriches rigorous academic learning with creative arts and athletics.
- A passion for learning is at the heart of Berkeley Carroll. Our independent, college prep school is a creative and intellectual community where devoted teachers challenge and engage talented students. Our demanding curriculum and vibrant civic life prepare our diverse graduates for success in college and for the greater endeavor-a life of critical, ethical, and global thinking.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-12 | 1023 students
170 Joralemon St
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(718)250-0221 1.5 PK-12
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-12 | 848 students
375 Pearl St
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(718)852-1029 1.4 PK-12
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-12 | 1078 students
9216 7th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11228
(718)836-9800 5 PK-12
- Brooklyn Grades: NS-12 | 235 students
8515 Ridge Boulevard
Brooklyn, NY 11209
(718)238-3308 4.7 NS-12
Love this school for my two daughters! What an amazing place. BC encourages students to explore their interests in a warm, supportive yet rigorous environment. Fantastic teachers who really care and know their stuff. The school cares about the total student - and it shows.
- Posted by Parent - S Mazin
My daughter's formative years were spent here at Berkeley Carroll. It's outstanding faculty and curriculum engaged and prepared her to succeed as a student. Highly recommend.
- Posted by Parent - J. Stern
My twin sons have been there since kindergarten. They are in the ninth grade now. I wouldn't send them anywhere else. The classes are rigorous; the teachers understanding, and (most of all) the environment is rigorous and supportive. Also, the technology program is unmatched as far as I can tell.
- Posted by Parent - jstec
My daughter transferred here in high school after attending an Upper East Side elementary/middle school. The transition was seamless. The courses remain rigorous and intellectually challenging (and the offerings are wide-ranging), but the atmosphere is more relaxed and grounded. We couldn't be happier.
- Posted by Parent - amyri