Top New York Schools By Membership Association
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 66 top school membership associations in New York, serving 1286 private schools (62% of all schools) and 348,204 students.
- The most popular school membership associations are National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA) (33% of schools), Other school association(s) (14% of schools) and National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) (12% of schools).
Pine Street School Photo - At Pine Street School, students collaborate across all areas of the curriculum, in two languages - English and either Spanish or Mandarin. Native speakers work alongside non-native speakers with expert teachers supporting. Literacy is central to their work and incorporated into everything they do. Classrooms support project-based inquiry and highly individualized learning for each student.
Rippowam Cisqua School Photo - Rippowam Cisqua School (Upper Campus): Middle school students seek structured opportunities for adventure and discovery, while still yearning to play freely. A specialized curriculum for ninth graders accelerates their academic and leadership skills. Our new multimillion-dollar Upper Campus, built specifically for students age 11-15, provides the best environment to navigate this dynamic period of academic and emotional development.
The Stony Brook School Photo - The Stony Brook School, founded in 1922, is an independent college preparatory school (grades 7-12) that exists to challenge young men and women to know Jesus Christ as Lord, to love others as themselves, and to grow in knowledge and skill, in order that they may serve the world through their character and leadership. "Character Before Career"
The Chapel School Photo - The Chapel School Select Choir has been invited back to sing the National Anthem at a NY Mets game for the past 10 straight years!
The Masters School Photo - The Masters School, located on a sprawling, 96-acre campus near the Hudson river, was founded in 1877.
Battery Park Montessori Photo - Our small student-teacher ratios provide rich opportunities for personalized learning and one-one-one support from Montessori-certified teachers with years of experience in child development.
Green Meadow Waldorf School Photo - Green Meadow is one of the oldest and largest Waldorf schools in North America, offering programs from Parent & Child Classes through Grade 12.
Lawrence Woodmere Academy Photo - Lawrence Woodmere Academy (LWA"), founded in 1912, is an elite Pre-K through 12, non-sectarian, private, College Preparatory School located in Woodmere, NY.
Professional Children's School Photo - At Professional Children's School, you don't have to choose between a great education and your dreams.
Top New York Private Schools by Membership Association (2019-20)
- Membership Association# Schools# Students% Minority
- 28 Schools1,317 Students47.95% Minority
- 15 Schools4,285 Students35.47% Minority
- 1 Schools64 Students96.92% Minority
- 2 Schools592 Students27.73% Minority
- 41 Schools2,149 Students22.53% Minority
- 64 Schools8,569 Students21.16% Minority
- 5 Schools349 Students36.36% Minority
- 1 Schools17 Students- Minority
- 73 Schools8,691 Students43.85% Minority
- 7 Schools778 Students54.75% Minority
- 4 Schools522 Students45.90% Minority
- 1 Schools100 Students43.97% Minority
- 7 Schools1,591 Students19.76% Minority
- 4 Schools351 Students40.34% Minority
- 2 Schools243 Students18.52% Minority
- 5 Schools341 Students20.00% Minority
- 6 Schools1,358 Students47.51% Minority
- 5 Schools891 Students72.11% Minority
- 4 Schools617 Students9.84% Minority
- 6 Schools639 Students36.30% Minority
- 5 Schools762 Students61.03% Minority
- 4 Schools1,873 Students29.31% Minority
- 19 Schools1,422 Students93.38% Minority
- 3 Schools911 Students26.32% Minority
- 7 Schools4,759 Students19.65% Minority
- 2 Schools802 Students13.82% Minority
- 2 Schools99 Students3.85% Minority
- 8 Schools1,984 Students59.81% Minority
- 8 Schools4,379 Students27.13% Minority
- 1 Schools100 Students13.51% Minority
- 1 Schools340 Students10.27% Minority
- 3 Schools158 Students44.44% Minority
- 94 Schools37,204 Students33.51% Minority
- 84 Schools11,891 Students47.40% Minority
- 1 Schools76 Students2.13% Minority
- 2 Schools643 Students6.99% Minority
- 18 Schools5,735 Students31.07% Minority
- 155 Schools66,997 Students22.70% Minority
- 1 Schools45 Students100.00% Minority
- 2 Schools53 Students- Minority
- 15 Schools2,297 Students59.08% Minority
- 7 Schools2,142 Students33.30% Minority
- 419 Schools143,619 Students41.08% Minority
- 5 Schools860 Students81.54% Minority
- 3 Schools188 Students15.70% Minority
- 7 Schools3,485 Students21.59% Minority
- 1 Schools154 Students- Minority
- 5 Schools988 Students58.79% Minority
- 4 Schools710 Students20.80% Minority
- 99 Schools36,638 Students2.06% Minority
- 1 Schools310 Students100.00% Minority
- 3 Schools2,087 Students17.22% Minority
- 120 Schools41,330 Students25.24% Minority
- 2 Schools537 Students14.17% Minority
- 26 Schools4,715 Students56.11% Minority
- 21 Schools2,181 Students29.31% Minority
- 144 Schools38,181 Students21.91% Minority
- 182 Schools54,253 Students31.42% Minority
- 38 Schools6,623 Students58.92% Minority
- 10 Schools2,975 Students2.83% Minority
- 3 Schools376 Students26.76% Minority
- 54 Schools13,120 Students22.80% Minority
- 16 Schools3,659 Students26.65% Minority
- 13 Schools5,966 Students0.69% Minority
- 2 Schools302 Students8.93% Minority
- 1 Schools60 Students- Minority
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.