Top New York Schools By Membership Association
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 66 top school membership associations in New York, serving 1301 private schools (62% of all schools) and 352,598 students.
- The most popular school membership associations are National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA) (33% of schools), Other school association(s) (14% of schools) and National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) (12% of schools).
The Masters School Photo - The Masters School, located on a sprawling, 96-acre campus near the Hudson river, was founded in 1877.
Green Meadow Waldorf School Photo - Green Meadow is one of the oldest and largest Waldorf schools in North America, offering programs from Parent & Child Classes through Grade 12.
Pine Street School Photo - At Pine Street School, students collaborate across all areas of the curriculum, in two languages - English and either Spanish or Mandarin. Native speakers work alongside non-native speakers with expert teachers supporting. Literacy is central to their work and incorporated into everything they do. Classrooms support project-based inquiry and highly individualized learning for each student.
Professional Children's School Photo - At Professional Children's School, you don't have to choose between a great education and your dreams.
The Stony Brook School Photo - The Stony Brook School, founded in 1922, is an independent college preparatory school (grades 7-12) that exists to challenge young men and women to know Jesus Christ as Lord, to love others as themselves, and to grow in knowledge and skill, in order that they may serve the world through their character and leadership. "Character Before Career"
A Fantis Parochial School Photo - 8th Graders visit Greece as part of a multi-year cultural exchange program.
Friends Academy Photo - Friends Academy is located on an inviting 65-acre campus in the heart of Long Island's North Shore.
The Chapel School Photo - The Chapel School Select Choir has been invited back to sing the National Anthem at a NY Mets game for the past 10 straight years!
The Windsor School Photo - Our student body encompasses students from all over the globe. We enroll local and F-1 international students.
Top New York Private Schools by Membership Association (2018-19)
- Membership Association# Schools# Students% Minority
- 28 Schools1,224 Students47.95% Minority
- 13 Schools3,669 Students33.91% Minority
- 1 Schools64 Students96.92% Minority
- 2 Schools592 Students27.73% Minority
- 42 Schools2,111 Students22.74% Minority
- 64 Schools8,545 Students21.16% Minority
- 5 Schools349 Students36.36% Minority
- 1 Schools17 Students- Minority
- 74 Schools8,742 Students43.66% Minority
- 7 Schools739 Students54.75% Minority
- 4 Schools515 Students45.90% Minority
- 1 Schools100 Students43.97% Minority
- 7 Schools1,685 Students19.76% Minority
- 4 Schools351 Students40.34% Minority
- 2 Schools243 Students18.52% Minority
- 5 Schools341 Students20.00% Minority
- 6 Schools1,358 Students47.51% Minority
- 5 Schools885 Students72.11% Minority
- 4 Schools585 Students9.84% Minority
- 6 Schools639 Students36.30% Minority
- 6 Schools876 Students46.85% Minority
- 4 Schools1,894 Students29.31% Minority
- 19 Schools1,422 Students93.38% Minority
- 3 Schools911 Students26.32% Minority
- 7 Schools5,015 Students19.65% Minority
- 1 Schools391 Students12.15% Minority
- 2 Schools99 Students3.85% Minority
- 8 Schools1,984 Students59.81% Minority
- 8 Schools4,388 Students27.13% Minority
- 1 Schools100 Students13.51% Minority
- 1 Schools340 Students10.27% Minority
- 3 Schools165 Students44.44% Minority
- 96 Schools38,076 Students34.47% Minority
- 84 Schools12,096 Students47.40% Minority
- 1 Schools76 Students2.13% Minority
- 3 Schools878 Students6.99% Minority
- 18 Schools5,754 Students31.07% Minority
- 152 Schools67,948 Students23.63% Minority
- 1 Schools45 Students100.00% Minority
- 2 Schools53 Students- Minority
- 16 Schools2,398 Students58.37% Minority
- 7 Schools2,142 Students33.30% Minority
- 431 Schools147,048 Students41.23% Minority
- 5 Schools860 Students81.54% Minority
- 3 Schools188 Students15.70% Minority
- 7 Schools3,499 Students21.59% Minority
- 1 Schools146 Students- Minority
- 5 Schools980 Students58.79% Minority
- 4 Schools721 Students20.80% Minority
- 100 Schools37,009 Students2.03% Minority
- 1 Schools310 Students100.00% Minority
- 3 Schools2,066 Students17.22% Minority
- 118 Schools40,890 Students25.44% Minority
- 2 Schools532 Students14.17% Minority
- 27 Schools4,816 Students55.63% Minority
- 21 Schools2,180 Students29.31% Minority
- 147 Schools39,999 Students23.20% Minority
- 185 Schools55,602 Students32.16% Minority
- 39 Schools6,738 Students58.66% Minority
- 10 Schools2,975 Students2.83% Minority
- 3 Schools376 Students26.76% Minority
- 55 Schools14,098 Students22.55% Minority
- 16 Schools3,714 Students26.65% Minority
- 13 Schools5,934 Students0.69% Minority
- 2 Schools302 Students8.93% Minority
- 1 Schools44 Students- Minority
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.
A long summer break offers plenty of time for a wide range of activities for every age group. Here are some of the options available.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.