Top New York Schools By Membership Association
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 66 top school membership associations in New York, serving 1303 private schools (62% of all schools) and 354,148 students.
- The most popular school membership associations are National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA) (33% of schools), Other school association(s) (14% of schools) and National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) (12% of schools).
Battery Park Montessori Photo - Our small student-teacher ratios provide rich opportunities for personalized learning and one-one-one support from Montessori-certified teachers with years of experience in child development.
The Chapel School Photo - The Chapel School Select Choir has been invited back to sing the National Anthem at a NY Mets game for the past 10 straight years!
Professional Children's School Photo - At Professional Children's School, you don't have to choose between a great education and your dreams.
Rippowam Cisqua School Photo - Rippowam Cisqua School (Upper Campus): Middle school students seek structured opportunities for adventure and discovery, while still yearning to play freely. A specialized curriculum for ninth graders accelerates their academic and leadership skills. Our new multimillion-dollar Upper Campus, built specifically for students age 11-15, provides the best environment to navigate this dynamic period of academic and emotional development.
Pine Street School Photo - At Pine Street School, students collaborate across all areas of the curriculum, in two languages - English and either Spanish or Mandarin. Native speakers work alongside non-native speakers with expert teachers supporting. Literacy is central to their work and incorporated into everything they do. Classrooms support project-based inquiry and highly individualized learning for each student.
The Masters School Photo - The Masters School, located on a sprawling, 96-acre campus near the Hudson river, was founded in 1877.
Winston Preparatory School NY Photo - Winston Prep students participate annually in an all-school Art Show.
Friends Academy Photo - Friends Academy is located on an inviting 65-acre campus in the heart of Long Island's North Shore.
Top New York Private Schools by Membership Association (2018-19)
- Membership Association# Schools# Students% Minority
- 28 Schools1,224 Students47.95% Minority
- 12 Schools3,489 Students35.53% Minority
- 1 Schools64 Students96.92% Minority
- 2 Schools592 Students27.73% Minority
- 42 Schools2,111 Students22.74% Minority
- 64 Schools8,498 Students21.16% Minority
- 4 Schools332 Students36.36% Minority
- 1 Schools17 Students- Minority
- 74 Schools8,788 Students43.66% Minority
- 7 Schools739 Students54.75% Minority
- 4 Schools515 Students45.90% Minority
- 1 Schools90 Students43.97% Minority
- 7 Schools1,685 Students19.76% Minority
- 4 Schools351 Students40.34% Minority
- 2 Schools243 Students18.52% Minority
- 5 Schools341 Students20.00% Minority
- 6 Schools1,358 Students47.51% Minority
- 5 Schools889 Students72.11% Minority
- 4 Schools585 Students9.84% Minority
- 6 Schools639 Students36.30% Minority
- 6 Schools876 Students46.85% Minority
- 4 Schools1,894 Students29.31% Minority
- 19 Schools1,422 Students93.38% Minority
- 3 Schools911 Students26.32% Minority
- 7 Schools5,006 Students19.65% Minority
- 1 Schools391 Students12.15% Minority
- 1 Schools42 Students- Minority
- 8 Schools1,984 Students59.81% Minority
- 8 Schools4,388 Students27.13% Minority
- 1 Schools100 Students13.51% Minority
- 1 Schools340 Students10.27% Minority
- 3 Schools165 Students44.44% Minority
- 93 Schools37,551 Students34.74% Minority
- 85 Schools12,655 Students44.95% Minority
- 1 Schools76 Students2.13% Minority
- 3 Schools878 Students6.99% Minority
- 18 Schools5,754 Students31.07% Minority
- 152 Schools68,644 Students23.47% Minority
- 1 Schools45 Students100.00% Minority
- 2 Schools53 Students- Minority
- 16 Schools2,398 Students58.37% Minority
- 7 Schools2,148 Students33.30% Minority
- 435 Schools147,855 Students41.07% Minority
- 5 Schools860 Students81.54% Minority
- 3 Schools183 Students15.70% Minority
- 7 Schools3,499 Students21.59% Minority
- 1 Schools140 Students- Minority
- 5 Schools974 Students58.79% Minority
- 3 Schools616 Students23.37% Minority
- 100 Schools37,009 Students2.03% Minority
- 1 Schools310 Students100.00% Minority
- 3 Schools2,066 Students17.22% Minority
- 119 Schools41,948 Students25.25% Minority
- 1 Schools143 Students21.13% Minority
- 27 Schools4,816 Students55.63% Minority
- 21 Schools2,133 Students29.31% Minority
- 149 Schools40,414 Students23.09% Minority
- 187 Schools57,264 Students31.82% Minority
- 39 Schools6,738 Students58.66% Minority
- 10 Schools2,975 Students2.83% Minority
- 3 Schools376 Students26.76% Minority
- 55 Schools14,121 Students22.55% Minority
- 16 Schools3,735 Students26.65% Minority
- 13 Schools5,934 Students0.69% Minority
- 2 Schools302 Students8.93% Minority
- 1 Schools44 Students- Minority
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
What are the benefits specific to students in attending private school?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.