Top New York Schools By Membership Association
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 66 top school membership associations in New York, serving 1297 private schools (62% of all schools) and 351,175 students.
- The most popular school membership associations are National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA) (33% of schools), Other school association(s) (14% of schools) and National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) (12% of schools).
Pine Street School Photo - At Pine Street School, students collaborate across all areas of the curriculum, in two languages - English and either Spanish or Mandarin. Native speakers work alongside non-native speakers with expert teachers supporting. Literacy is central to their work and incorporated into everything they do. Classrooms support project-based inquiry and highly individualized learning for each student.
Green Meadow Waldorf School Photo - Green Meadow is one of the oldest and largest Waldorf schools in North America, offering programs from Parent & Child Classes through Grade 12.
Winston Preparatory School NY Photo - Winston Prep students participate annually in an all-school Art Show.
Professional Children's School Photo - At Professional Children's School, you don't have to choose between a great education and your dreams.
The Chapel School Photo - The Chapel School Select Choir has been invited back to sing the National Anthem at a NY Mets game for the past 10 straight years!
Rippowam Cisqua School Photo - Rippowam Cisqua School (Upper Campus): Middle school students seek structured opportunities for adventure and discovery, while still yearning to play freely. A specialized curriculum for ninth graders accelerates their academic and leadership skills. Our new multimillion-dollar Upper Campus, built specifically for students age 11-15, provides the best environment to navigate this dynamic period of academic and emotional development.
The Stony Brook School Photo - The Stony Brook School, founded in 1922, is an independent college preparatory school (grades 7-12) that exists to challenge young men and women to know Jesus Christ as Lord, to love others as themselves, and to grow in knowledge and skill, in order that they may serve the world through their character and leadership. "Character Before Career"
Top New York Private Schools by Membership Association (2019-20)
- Membership Association# Schools# Students% Minority
- 28 Schools1,290 Students47.95% Minority
- 15 Schools4,285 Students35.47% Minority
- 1 Schools64 Students96.92% Minority
- 2 Schools592 Students27.73% Minority
- 42 Schools2,173 Students22.74% Minority
- 64 Schools8,569 Students21.16% Minority
- 5 Schools349 Students36.36% Minority
- 1 Schools17 Students- Minority
- 73 Schools8,687 Students43.85% Minority
- 7 Schools778 Students54.75% Minority
- 4 Schools522 Students45.90% Minority
- 1 Schools100 Students43.97% Minority
- 7 Schools1,591 Students19.76% Minority
- 4 Schools351 Students40.34% Minority
- 2 Schools243 Students18.52% Minority
- 5 Schools341 Students20.00% Minority
- 6 Schools1,358 Students47.51% Minority
- 5 Schools891 Students72.11% Minority
- 4 Schools617 Students9.84% Minority
- 6 Schools639 Students36.30% Minority
- 6 Schools876 Students46.85% Minority
- 4 Schools1,873 Students29.31% Minority
- 19 Schools1,422 Students93.38% Minority
- 3 Schools911 Students26.32% Minority
- 7 Schools5,015 Students19.65% Minority
- 2 Schools802 Students13.82% Minority
- 2 Schools99 Students3.85% Minority
- 8 Schools1,984 Students59.81% Minority
- 8 Schools4,379 Students27.13% Minority
- 1 Schools100 Students13.51% Minority
- 1 Schools340 Students10.27% Minority
- 3 Schools165 Students44.44% Minority
- 97 Schools38,481 Students34.73% Minority
- 84 Schools11,891 Students47.40% Minority
- 1 Schools76 Students2.13% Minority
- 3 Schools878 Students6.99% Minority
- 18 Schools5,735 Students31.07% Minority
- 154 Schools67,596 Students23.63% Minority
- 1 Schools45 Students100.00% Minority
- 2 Schools53 Students- Minority
- 16 Schools2,398 Students58.37% Minority
- 7 Schools2,142 Students33.30% Minority
- 426 Schools145,659 Students41.27% Minority
- 5 Schools860 Students81.54% Minority
- 3 Schools188 Students15.70% Minority
- 7 Schools3,485 Students21.59% Minority
- 1 Schools146 Students- Minority
- 5 Schools980 Students58.79% Minority
- 4 Schools721 Students20.80% Minority
- 100 Schools37,009 Students2.03% Minority
- 1 Schools310 Students100.00% Minority
- 3 Schools2,087 Students17.22% Minority
- 120 Schools41,629 Students25.31% Minority
- 2 Schools537 Students14.17% Minority
- 27 Schools4,816 Students55.63% Minority
- 21 Schools2,181 Students29.31% Minority
- 146 Schools39,118 Students23.15% Minority
- 184 Schools55,200 Students32.31% Minority
- 39 Schools6,724 Students58.66% Minority
- 10 Schools2,975 Students2.83% Minority
- 3 Schools376 Students26.76% Minority
- 54 Schools13,120 Students22.80% Minority
- 16 Schools3,658 Students26.65% Minority
- 13 Schools5,966 Students0.69% Minority
- 2 Schools302 Students8.93% Minority
- 1 Schools60 Students- Minority
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.