Smithtown Christian School
5.00 (7 reviews)
- For over 40 years, Smithtown Christian School (SCS) has been a place where faculty, staff and administration are committed to preparing the youth of today to be the leaders of tomorrow.
- SCS is a faithful, caring community of over 400 students, PreK through 12th grade. At SCS, students are educated to think Biblically, serve effectively, and lead Christ-centered lives through academic excellence and spiritual growth.
- Our students pursue academic excellence so that through their careers, passions and daily lives, they can effectively glorify God and minister to others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||408 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||World History, U.S. History, English Literature, English Language, Microeconomics, Calculus AB, Biology, Chemistry, U.S. Government & Politics, Computer Science and any course offered by Seven Star,|
|Average SAT score||1123|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform: khaki/navy blue pants and colored polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit our web site for a complete list of tuition fees by grade level.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lisa Eichenlaub|
|Admissions Associate||Rachel Cardwell|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
ARISTA, Art Honor Society, English Honor Society, JAARS Missions Team, Junior Bible Quiz, Mu Alpha Theta Math Honor Society, National Honor Society, Spanish Honor Society, Student Government (Secondary), TRI-M Music Honor Society, UNDIGNIFIED Missions Team, Yearbook committee and SCS Messenger school newspaper
Arts and Music Programs:
Anchors Reading Program, Ensemble festivals and SCMEA festivals, Heart Strings Orchestra and Promise Singers Chorus, Joyful Noise Band and Symphonic Band, NYSSMA solo, Project Timothy Reading Program, Tambourine Ministry
- Smithtown Christian School (SCS) was founded in 1978 and is sponsored by the Smithtown Gospel Tabernacle. Its student body is comprised of over 400 students from pre-school through 12th grade, and draws from numerous churches and over forty school districts. The mission of Smithtown Christian School is to teach with excellence in the classroom and through life-on-life influence to produce exceptional young Christian leaders with a heart for God, a mind for Truth, and a passion to change the World. The curriculum at SCS is designed to prepare students for college and exceeds NYS requirements for graduation. For the class of 2017, 91% of students attended college. Dual-enrollment courses with Suffolk Community College are offered for college credit, as well as AP courses. In addition, Davis College offers English 12 dual-enrolled. SCS honor society chapters include the National Honor Society, the National Art Honor Society, National Spanish Honor Society, National English Honor Society, Tri-M Music Honor Society, and the ARISTA Science Honor Society, and Mu Alpha Theta Math Honor Society.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bay Shore Grades: PK-6 | 187 students
211 Bay Shore Rd
Bay Shore, NY 11706
(631)665-5241 8.8 PK-6
- Brentwood Grades: K-12 | 385 students
1725 Brentwood Road Bldg 2
Brentwood, NY 11717
(631)273-2406 5.6 K-12
This is my first year teaching at this school and it is the best school I have been at! With this being my 5th year teaching, I have been in many different environments (inner city public school, charter, special education). SCS is extremely welcoming to teachers and students alike. The faculty is phenomenal and the students are kind and welcoming! The school is focused on teaching students to become their best academically and spiritually! Wonderful experience and environment overall!
- Posted by Teacher - Johanna Roselle
The faculty and staff at SCS are fully committed to students and teaching well and do an amazing job. I am amazed at the relationships developed between students and teachers and how that impacts learning and the overall school picture. This is an amazing place to work and learn!
- Posted by Administrator - Dr. Lee
We love SCS and the impact it's had on our daughters spiritually and academically. The uncompromising Christian values create a loving and safe enviornment. The teachers use their Christian world-view to help shape the students while providing them with a solid education and prepping them for the future. While the extracurriculars and sports are somewhat limited, the relatively small school size gives students a chance to participate in what is offered without the competition they'd face in a larger school. And, SCS offers unique ministry related extracurricular activities like the drama team and missions trips which are incredibaly valuable for future Christian leaders. We are excited about the new STEM initiative and our girls have especially enjoyed the J-Term activites held in the middle of the year. Having our girls go to SCS is one of the best things we've done for our family.
- Posted by Parent - SCS parent
I've been working as a teacher at SCS for over 15 years now. I couldn't imagine a better place to work! SCS is a family. We all work together to provide the safest and most loving environment for our students to learn and grow together. Parents, students and teachers have strong, life-long relationships. The administration continues to push our staff and students towards excellence, providing funding, opportunities and training in a variety of ways to help promote engagement and advancement. Our students are well-equipped for college and beyond. The best part about it all is that our students are receiving their education from a Biblical worldview, allowing them to see the Truth of God's Word in everything they learn. It's the best school around!
- Posted by Teacher - TM
After student teaching at SCS from 2010-2013, I knew I wanted to be a part of this incredible team. I am eternally grateful that God provided the open door for me to join. I am now entering my third year teaching at SCS. I worked at two other Christian schools previously and there is NO other school quite like SCS. SCS emphasizes Christian character alongside high educational values. It is an honor to be a part of this team.
- Posted by Teacher - Mrs. Avella
Smithtown Christian School is so important and impactful! It is difficult to find a place where students are being nurtured and trained up into the next generation of leaders, but SCS is a place where students are taught to make a difference in the world for Christ. At SCS, students are encouraged to grow into lifelong learners and to strive for excellence in all they do. There is a strong support system for struggling students, and those who are academically gifted are challenged to achieve to their very best abilities. The teachers here at this school truly care about their students and about reaching each and every one of them. It is so evident that they have their students' best interests at heart and that they are teaching at SCS because they love this school and its students. The administration at SCS are also extremely committed to the school and to its student body and the families who send their children here. They work to constantly improve the school's programs and to keep expanding the impact SCS has in the surrounding community.SCS is a place where not only are students challenged and assisted to learn and grow academically, but also to grow in their walk with God. They are encouraged to cultivate positive and uplifting relationships with their peers and to do their best to represent Christ to the world around them. I would give it 10 stars instead of 5 if I could!
- Posted by Teacher - Holly Donahue
My son is in his second year at this school. I have nothing but positive things to say about the school. They have been wonderful to him (and to our whole family). I love the fact that the school wants parents to be very involved in their child's school life. My son's teachers have been wonderful so far as well. They've been very approachable and always accessible should we have any concern or question. In addition, I love that the teaching is Christ-centered. The school administration and teachers incorporate many opportunities for their students to reach out to those in need and put what is being taught inside of the classroom into action in the world. I would highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - rache
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.