Upper Room Christian School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Upper Room Christian School Photo #4 - 2016 Varsity Basketball Team. 4 student/athletes going to college on a full basketball scholarship!
- Since its founding in 1981, Upper Room Christian School has been providing a college-preparatory education based on Biblical principles in a safe, loving environment for children in Kindergarten through 12th grade.
Upper Room Christian School places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||I.E.P's serviced|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||212 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,200|
|Tuition Notes||Matriculation = $725.00 Higher cost for international students|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Peggy Dono|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
After Care, Extra Help, Home Economics Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Upper Room Christian School ranks in the top 3% of all private schools on Long Island. We provide a Safe, Affordable, Christ Centered program with Academic and Athletic excellence. The curriculum is developmentally appropriate while incorporating daily Bible/Devotional classes, reading, writing, math, history, literature, science, creative arts, music, computer, physical education, foreign languages and critical thinking with small teacher to student ratios. We offer many college-level courses accredited by St. John`s University as well as Suffolk Community College and a comprehensive special education program in conjunction with the Half Hollow School District for students with IEP`s. Upper Room offers after school Varsity and Junior Varsity team sports. We have a full hot lunch program, an after-care program on site, a dance academy and private vocal, drama and instrumental lessons. At U. R. C. S. students can qualify for a New York State Regents or Advanced Regents Diploma and take both the ACT and PSAT exams on site. Upper Room also partners with Wilson Tech which offers career training in over 22 different specialties.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brentwood Grades: K-12 | 385 students
1725 Brentwood Road Bldg 2
Brentwood, NY 11717
(631)273-2406 5.1 K-12
- Huntington Station Grades: PK-9 | 212 students
165 Pidgeon Hill Rd Ste 1
Huntington Station, NY 11746
(631)423-3557 3.9 PK-9
- Patchogue Grades: PK-12 | 77 students
1343 Montauk Hwy
Patchogue, NY 11772
(631)654-9284 19.7 PK-12
I sent my four daughters to this school and it was the best investment I made in their life! They are all in their thirties, serving God and they all have great occupations. They are able to provide for themselves and their faith is strong. The academics, athletics and spirituality in the school is top notch and the environment is both safe and friendly. A great Christian School!!
- Posted by Parent - rjono
This is an excellent school! My daughters all graduated from the school and received a great education, have great careers and have a strong walk with God.
- Posted by Parent - rjono
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.