Long Island School For The Gifted
- The Long Island School for the Gifted (LISG) is a unique and exciting school for grades K-9.
- We are a community dedicated to providing an outstanding education for academically gifted children where they are nurtured and treasured.
- We offer an academically challenging and nurturing environment. Although technically not a neighborhood school, there is a true sense of community within our walls.
- Class size is small, typically sixteen, as is the student/faculty ratio.
- This provides numerous opportunities for student/teacher interactions and enables us to focus on the needs of each child in our crusade to provide challenging material that will encourage and nurture an intrinsic love of learning in each of our students.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Total Students||278 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort WashingtonGrades: PK-12 | 1109 students
340 Morris Rd
Fort Washington, PA 19034
- Bryn MawrGrades: PK-12 | 560 students
701 Montgomery Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
- CincinnatiGrades: K-12 | 55 students
8100 Cornell Road
Cincinnati, OH 45249
- SmithtownGrades: NS-8 | 286 students
211 Brooksite Drive
Smithtown, NY 11787
- UniondaleGrades: 6-12 | 2551 students
1400 Glenn Curtiss Blvd
Uniondale, NY 11553
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.