Long Island School For The Gifted
Tel: (631) 423-3557
- The Long Island School for the Gifted (LISG) is a unique and exciting school for grades K-9.
- We are a community dedicated to providing an outstanding education for academically gifted children where they are nurtured and treasured.
- We offer an academically challenging and nurturing environment. Although technically not a neighborhood school, there is a true sense of community within our walls.
- Class size is small, typically sixteen, as is the student/faculty ratio.
- This provides numerous opportunities for student/teacher interactions and enables us to focus on the needs of each child in our crusade to provide challenging material that will encourage and nurture an intrinsic love of learning in each of our students.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Debate Club, Girls Who Code Club, Green Team, Math Olympiad, Public Speaking, SAT Prep, Stem Club, VEX Robotics
Arts and Music Programs:
Dance Club, Theatre Arts
- Long Island School for the Gifted (LISG) is the only school of its kind on Long Island. A private coeducational day school for gifted students
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Centerport Grades: PK-6 | 184 students
105 Prospect Rd
Centerport, NY 11721
(631) 629-5599 4.7 PK-6
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.