Love Of Learning Montessori
- The Love of Learning Montessori School in Huntington, Long Island, is a private, non-profit, non-denominational school committed to providing a dynamic learning environment for children from diverse backgrounds.
- This child-centered school promotes a love of learning and positive character development.
- Professionally trained staff, and a carefully prepared environment, help each child reach his/her true potential.
- Our implementation of the Montessori method promotes the development of self-motivation, independence, curiosity, cooperation and concern for others within the framework of a strong academic program.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||184 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Tuition Notes||kindergarten 6800 Elementary 7500|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Sheldon Thompson|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- SmithtownGrades: NS-8 | 286 students
211 Brooksite Drive
Smithtown, NY 11787
- Huntington StationGrades: PK-9 | 278 students
165 Pidgeon Hill Rd Ste 1
Huntington Station, NY 11746
- LindenhurstGrades: K-5 | 42 students
175 S 11th St
Lindenhurst, NY 11757
- East SetauketGrades: NS-8 | 403 students
201 Old Town Rd
East Setauket, NY 11733
- Saint JamesGrades: NS-8 | 123 students
17 Three Sisters Road
Saint James, NY 11780
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.