The Kinder Club NEST Centerport
Tel: (631) 897-9189
- The Kinder Club Nest is located on the beautiful campus of Camp Alvernia in Centerport, New York.
- The amazing natural surroundings offer a unique learning environment for our Pre-School and Kindergarten Enrichment students.
- Our philosophy is that all children deserve a safe and exciting place where they can explore and celebrate the world around them.
- This is the centerpiece of the Kinder Club Nest, and why our curriculum is largely based on Science and Nature.
- Our School Class Options: AM Class - MTWTF: 9:00 -12:00 Optional Lunch Bunch - MTWTF: 12:00 - 1:00 ($10) PM Class - MTWTF: 12:00 - 3:15 Optional Extended Day - Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 3:15 - 4:00 ($10).
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||34 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||L.J. Adler|
- Our Philosophy
- The Kinder Club Nest is a unique independent school dedicated to optimizing a learning experience that inspires children to live well on the planet. We encourage each child to embrace their whole being and realize their full potential.
- Our school is a wonderful place, where children are celebrated as individuals. Every child should be allowed to develop at their own pace while being challenged academically. At The Nest, we build skills and instill concepts that teach children how to learn. We use an inquiry-based collaborative approach to classroom activities. Children are naturally curious. Our job is to guide them toward discovery.
- Our small setting and class size foster close relationships between students and teachers. This allows us to meet their unique academic and emotional needs wherever they are developmentally. We balance our academic curriculum with a social curriculum. Children are encouraged to take ownership of their learning as they progress through the year. Each child learns responsibility and discovers integrity. We are all citizens of the same planet. Respect and caring are human qualities that should be practiced at all times.
- As our relationships develop with our students,so does our connection grow with their families. It is our intention to collaborate with families for the purpose of creating the optimal school experience through support and reinforcement in the home. Our families mean the world to us!
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Centerport Grades: PK-6 | 184 students
105 Prospect Rd
Centerport, NY 11721
(631) 629-5599 1 PK-6
- Huntington Grades: NS-PK | 61 students
183 E Main St
Huntington, NY 11743
(631) 547-8029 2.1 NS-PK
- Huntington Grades: PK-K | 64 students
320 Broadway-greenlawn Rd.
Huntington, NY 11743
(631) 427-6300 2.2 PK-K
- East Northport Grades: PK-8 | 394 students
1025 5th Ave
East Northport, NY 11731
(631) 261-5130 3 PK-8
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.