The Kinder Club Nest is located on the beautiful campus of Camp Alvernia in Centerport, New York.
The amazing natural surroundings offer a unique learning environment for our Pre-School and Kindergarten Enrichment students.
Our philosophy is that all children deserve a safe and exciting place where they can explore and celebrate the world around them.
This is the centerpiece of the Kinder Club Nest, and why our curriculum is largely based on Science and Nature.
Our School Class Options: AM Class - MTWTF: 9:00 -12:00 Optional Lunch Bunch - MTWTF: 12:00 - 1:00 ($10) PM Class - MTWTF: 12:00 - 3:15 Optional Extended Day - Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 3:15 - 4:00 ($10).
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 34 students
- Yearly Tuition: $5,500
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
National avg.: 85%
- Our Philosophy
- The Kinder Club Nest is a unique independent school dedicated to optimizing a learning experience that inspires children to live well on the planet. We encourage each child to embrace their whole being and realize their full potential.
- Our school is a wonderful place, where children are celebrated as individuals. Every child should be allowed to develop at their own pace while being challenged academically. At The Nest, we build skills and instill concepts that teach childrenhowto learn. We use an inquiry-based collaborative approach to classroom activities. Children are naturally curious. Our job is to guide them toward discovery.
- Our small setting and class size foster close relationships between students and teachers. This allows us to meet their unique academic and emotional needs wherever they are developmentally. We balance our academic curriculum with a social curriculum. Children are encouraged to take ownership of their learning as they progress through the year. Each child learns responsibility and discovers integrity. We are all citizens of the same planet. Respect and caring are human qualities that should be practiced at all times.
- As our relationships develop with our students,so does our connection grow with their families. It is our intention to collaborate with families for the purpose of creating the optimal school experience through support and reinforcement in the home. Our families mean the world to us!
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does The Kinder Club NEST Centerport cost?
The Kinder Club NEST Centerport's tuition is approximately $5,500 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of The Kinder Club NEST Centerport?
The acceptance rate of The Kinder Club NEST Centerport is 80%, which is higher than the national average of 79%.
When is the application deadline for The Kinder Club NEST Centerport?
The application deadline for The Kinder Club NEST Centerport is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse The Kinder Club NEST Centerport. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Exploring Educational Savings Accounts: A Guide for Parents
This comprehensive article explores the different educational savings accounts available to parents for private K-12 education and tertiary education. It provides detailed explanations of each account, including the 529 College Savings Plan, Coverdell Education Savings Accounts, and Custodial Accounts. The article cites applicable legal authorities and emphasizes the importance of informed decision-making by consulting with legal and financial professionals.
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
October 30, 2023Volunteering at Your Children's Private School
Discover the many meaningful ways parents can get involved at their children's private school and make a positive impact on the educational journey. From PTA involvement to sharing specialized skills, find out how your contributions can strengthen the school community.