The Kinder Club NEST Centerport
The Kinder Club Nest is located on the beautiful campus of Camp Alvernia in Centerport, New York.
The amazing natural surroundings offer a unique learning environment for our Pre-School and Kindergarten Enrichment students.
Our philosophy is that all children deserve a safe and exciting place where they can explore and celebrate the world around them.
This is the centerpiece of the Kinder Club Nest, and why our curriculum is largely based on Science and Nature.
Our School Class Options: AM Class - MTWTF: 9:00 -12:00 Optional Lunch Bunch - MTWTF: 12:00 - 1:00 ($10) PM Class - MTWTF: 12:00 - 3:15 Optional Extended Day - Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 3:15 - 4:00 ($10).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Students: 34 students
- Yearly Tuition: $5,500
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
National avg.: 85%
- Our Philosophy
- The Kinder Club Nest is a unique independent school dedicated to optimizing a learning experience that inspires children to live well on the planet. We encourage each child to embrace their whole being and realize their full potential.
- Our school is a wonderful place, where children are celebrated as individuals. Every child should be allowed to develop at their own pace while being challenged academically. At The Nest, we build skills and instill concepts that teach children how to learn. We use an inquiry-based collaborative approach to classroom activities. Children are naturally curious. Our job is to guide them toward discovery.
- Our small setting and class size foster close relationships between students and teachers. This allows us to meet their unique academic and emotional needs wherever they are developmentally. We balance our academic curriculum with a social curriculum. Children are encouraged to take ownership of their learning as they progress through the year. Each child learns responsibility and discovers integrity. We are all citizens of the same planet. Respect and caring are human qualities that should be practiced at all times.
- As our relationships develop with our students,so does our connection grow with their families. It is our intention to collaborate with families for the purpose of creating the optimal school experience through support and reinforcement in the home. Our families mean the world to us!
Source: Verified school update
Endorse The Kinder Club NEST Centerport. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Which Schools Did Our Presidents Attend? Part 3 - Wilson to Trump
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
School Security: It Could Never Happen Here Or Could It?
School shootings and other emergency situations won't happen in your school, right? Who knows! Better to put in place the steps necessary to protect the school community than to be caught unprepared.
July 06, 2022Parents' FAQs About Private School
You have dozens of reasons why you think a private school is a good option for your child. But you also have some concerns. We address those here.