Ss Cyril & Methodius School
- At SS. Cyril and Methodius School, we provide a fully certified, caring and dedicated faculty who hold one doctorate, over 27 masters degrees in a variety of fields, and over 266 combined years of teaching experience.
- We offer a full contingent of “special” subject offerings, including art, physical education, music, and foreign language.
- We provide a fully equipped computer lab, Internet access in every classroom, and new technology updates yearly.
- We also provide lots of extras: after-school sports, a full-scale drama program and Broadway-style annual musical production, in-school dance classes with a yearly free recital, violin classes, school band and chorus.
- Here student participation in daily masses, prayer services, and parish events; and, most important of all, a community where faith, integrity, and the gospel call to service are lived and celebrated each and every day.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
American Montessori Society (AMS)
Alternative School Network
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||319 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Deer ParkGrades: PK-12
819 Grand Blvd Ste 2
Deer Park, NY 11729
- Central IslipGrades: PK-8 | 320 students
82 Carleton Ave
Central Islip, NY 11722
- LindenhurstGrades: PK-8 | 263 students
240 S Wellwood Ave
Lindenhurst, NY 11757
- HuntingtonGrades: PK-8 | 748 students
360 Main St
Huntington, NY 11743
- BrentwoodGrades: K-12 | 385 students
1725 Brentwood Road Bldg 2
Brentwood, NY 11717
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.