Ascent School For Individuals With Autism
- Ascent is a private, non-profit school for children diagnosed with autism and atypical pervasive developmental disorders.
- It provides a full day, 12 month academic and behavioral treatment program to preschool and school age children ranging in age from 3 to 21 years.
- Ascent primarily serves children with severe behavioral issues who have experienced failure in the continuum of available public special education settings and who require a high degree of individualized attention and intervention.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||22 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Huntington Grades: 1-12 | 60 students
21 Sweet Hollow Rd # 2
Huntington, NY 11743
(631)385-3342 7.8 1-12
- Deer Park Grades: PK-8 | 286 students
105 Half Hollow Rd
Deer Park, NY 11729
(631)667-6229 1.1 PK-8
- Brooklyn Grades: K-12 | 99 students
567 Kingston Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11203
(718)498-2500 33.9 K-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.