Ascent School For Individuals With Autism
- Ascent is a private, non-profit school for children diagnosed with autism and atypical pervasive developmental disorders.
- It provides a full day, 12 month academic and behavioral treatment program to preschool and school age children ranging in age from 3 to 21 years.
- Ascent primarily serves children with severe behavioral issues who have experienced failure in the continuum of available public special education settings and who require a high degree of individualized attention and intervention.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||22 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Huntington Grades: 1-12 | 60 students
21 Sweet Hollow Rd # 2
Huntington, NY 11743
(631)385-3342 7.8 1-12
- Deer Park Grades: PK-8 | 286 students
105 Half Hollow Rd
Deer Park, NY 11729
(631)667-6229 1.1 PK-8
- Brooklyn Grades: K-12 | 99 students
567 Kingston Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11203
(718)498-2500 33.9 K-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.