Vincent Smith School
- We are Long Island`s premier school addressing the needs of students with learning disabilities (LD) such as AD/HD, LD (Dyslexia/Dyscalculia/Dysgraphia), Auditory Processing Disorder, Expressive/Receptive Language Disorders for children in grades 1-12.
- The mission of the Vincent Smith School is dedicated to providing a small, nurturing and supportive setting for students with learning disabilities.
- At Vincent Smith School we are committed to the beliefs that: It's okay to learn differently.
- Students with learning disabilities are provided the necessary educational, emotional and social support that will enable each student to reach their highest potential and become productive members of our global society.
- The learning environment at Vincent Smith School is warm, friendly, and conducive to individual development and growth.
- While the school is highly structured regarding standards of effort, dress, and homework, it emphasizes self-discipline, respect for others and their property, as well as the ability to accept personal responsibility for individual and group assignments as integral parts of the Vincent Smith program.
- Vincent Smith School is chartered by the NYS Board of Regents and accredited by the New York State Association of Independent Schools.
- VSS is a non-profit corporation and is open to all without regard to race, creed, or national origin.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Special Education children and students with learning disabilities such as ADD, ADHD, Asperger Syndrome, and expressive and receptive language issues|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Khaki pants, skirts, collared shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,250|
|Tuition Notes||The 2014-2015 cost of tuition for students in grades 3-6 is $26,250. The cost of tuition for students in grades 7-12 is $29,750.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$7,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Associate||Michele Hoyos|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, SoftballBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||28 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Anime Club, Art Club, Beading Club, Board Games Club, Chorus Club, Creative Accessories Club, Drawing Club, Extreme Knitting Club, Forensics Club, Gardening Club, Knitting and Crocheting Club, Lanyard Club, Lifestyles Club, Music Club, Origame Club, PSAT/SAT Review, Pay It Forward Club, Poetry Magazine/Creative Writing Club, Reader's Rule Club, Scene It Club, School Newspaper, Sculpture/Pottery Club, Self Advocacy and Mentoring Program, Sports Club, Student Council, United Nations Culture Club, Yearbook Club, Young Entrepreneurs Club Anime Club, Art Club, Beading Club, Chorus Club, Drawing Club, Forensics Club, Gardening Club, Lanyard Club, Music Club, Origame Club, Scene It Club, Sports Club, Yearbook Club, Board Games Club,
Creative Accessories Club,
Extreme Knitting Club,
Knitting and Crocheting Club,
Pay It Forward Club,
Poetry Magazine/Creative Writing Club,
Reader's Rule Club,
Self Advocacy and Mentoring Program,
United Nations Culture Club,
Young Entrepreneurs Club,
- Academic Excellence
- Differentiated Instruction
- Strong Home/School Connection
- Social Emotional Learning
- Small, supportive classes
Profile last updated: 05/02/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ManhassetGrades: 9-12 | 800 students
51 Clapham Avenue
Manhasset, NY 11030
New YorkGrades: KG-12 | 396 students
301 E 29th St
New York, NY 10016
Glen HeadGrades: 6-12 | 596 students
131 Brookville Road
Glen Head, NY 11545
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 162 students
309 East 45th Street
New York, NY 10017
WoodmereGrades: PK-12 | 255 students
336 Woodmere Blvd
Woodmere, NY 11598
Vincent Smith, helped my daughter gain entrance into college where she did very well. This is a good , caring school with very professional and intelligent instructors and staff. It been 20 years since my daughter graduated, and we still speak fondly of this great school with a big heart. Hooray!
- Posted by Parent - Frances