Vincent Smith School
- We are Long Island`s premier school addressing the needs of students with learning disorders (LD) such as AD/HD, LD (Dyslexia/Dyscalculia/Dysgraphia), Auditory Processing Disorder, Expressive/Receptive Language Disorders for children in grades 1-12.
- Vincent Smith School is dedicated to providing a small, nurturing and supportive setting for students with learning disabilities.
- At Vincent Smith School we are committed to the belief that it's okay to learn differently.
- Students with learning disorders are provided all necessary educational, emotional and social support, enabling them to reach their highest potential and become productive and successful adults.
- The learning environment at Vincent Smith School is warm, friendly, and conducive to individual development and growth.
- While the school is highly structured regarding standards of effort, dress, and behavior, we emphasize self-discipline, and respect for others and their property. We teach the importance of accepting personal responsibility for individual and group assignments as integral parts of the Vincent Smith program.
- Vincent Smith School is chartered by the NYS Board of Regents and accredited by the New York State Association of Independent Schools.
- VSS is a non-profit corporation and is open to all without regard to race, creed, or national origin.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Special Education children and students with learning disabilities such as ADD, ADHD, Asperger Syndrome, and expressive and receptive language issues|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$46,750|
|Tuition Notes||2017-2018 tuition for grades 1-6 is $46,750. Tuition for grades 7-12 is $49,750. Includes ALL related services, such as, speech, occupational therapy, reading, counseling, etc.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$7,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||John Baldi - Head of School|
|Admissions Associate||Michele Hoyos|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, SoftballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||28 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Anime Club, Art Club, Beading Club, Board Games Club, Chorus Club, Creative Accessories Club, Drawing Club, Extreme Knitting Club, Forensics Club, Gardening Club, Knitting and Crocheting Club, Lanyard Club, Lifestyles Club, Music Club, Origame Club, Pay It Forward Club, Poetry Magazine/Creative Writing Club, PSAT/SAT Review, Reader's Rule Club, Scene It Club, School Newspaper, Sculpture/Pottery Club, Self Advocacy and Mentoring Program, Sports Club, Student Council, United Nations Culture Club, Yearbook Club, Young Entrepreneurs Clu|
- Academic Excellence
- Differentiated Instruction
- Strong Home/School Connection
- Social Emotional Learning
- Small, supportive classes
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New YorkGrades: K-12 | 396 students
301 E 29th St
New York, NY 10016
- ManhassetGrades: 9-12 | 800 students
51 Clapham Avenue
Manhasset, NY 11030
- New YorkGrades: K-12 | 162 students
309 East 45th Street
New York, NY 10017
- BrookvilleGrades: 6-12 | 520 students
131 Brookville Road
Brookville, NY 11545
- New YorkGrades: K-12 | 35 students
350 E 82nd St
New York, NY 10028
Vincent Smith, helped my daughter gain entrance into college where she did very well. This is a good , caring school with very professional and intelligent instructors and staff. It been 20 years since my daughter graduated, and we still speak fondly of this great school with a big heart. Hooray!
- Posted by Parent - Frances