Mary McDowell Friends School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- The Mary McDowell Friends School is an independent, Friends school for children with learning disabilities.
- As its guiding principle, the School believes that every child with learning disabilities can learn with the support of a community dedicated to specialized teaching, cooperation and respect. The School's approach is grounded in the Quaker values of respect for individuals, personal, and social responsibility, peaceful resolution of conflict, the importance of diversity and the value of service.
- Challenging and building on the strengths of each child, the School cherishes the uniqueness of every student.
- The School is committed to an educational partnership between faculty and parents.
- It serves as a resource in Brooklyn to provide information about learning disabilities to professionals, parents and the community.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language based Learning Disabilities|
|Total Students||413 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%