The Sterling School
- The Sterling School was founded in 1999 to meet the needs of Dyslexic and Language Based Learning Disabled children using research-based methodology.
- The Sterling School provides educational opportunities for children diagnosed with Language Learning Disorders.
- They can attend a school where the curriculum and methodology are based on the latest clinical research.
- Our educational program is designed to promote individual academic growth and foster self-esteem through success.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyselxia/Langauge Based Learning Disorders|
|Total Students||26 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$46,000|
|Tuition Notes||90% parents recoup tuition dollars using an educational attorney|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ruth Arberman|
- Students must have a psycho-educational evaluation which diagnoses them with either Dyslexia or a language based learning disability. All students are of average or above average intelligence
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BrooklynGrades: KG-9 | 112 students
567 Kingston Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11203
- BrooklynGrades: K-12 | 363 students
20 Bergen Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
- New YorkGrades: 4-12 | 235 students
126 West 17th Street
New York, NY 10011
- BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 1368 students
2937 86th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11223
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.