The Sterling School
- The Sterling School was founded in 1999 to meet the needs of Dyslexic and Language Based Learning Disabled children using research-based methodology.
- The Sterling School provides educational opportunities for children diagnosed with Language Learning Disorders.
- They can attend a school where the curriculum and methodology are based on the latest clinical research.
- Our educational program is designed to promote individual academic growth and foster self-esteem through success.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyselxia/Langauge Based Learning Disorders|
|Total Students||26 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$46,000|
|Tuition Notes||90% parents recoup tuition dollars using an educational attorney|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ruth Arberman|
- Students must have a psycho-educational evaluation which diagnoses them with either Dyslexia or a language based learning disability. All students are of average or above average intelligence
Profile last updated: 09/16/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 1368 students
2937 86th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11223
BrooklynGrades: KG-9 | 112 students
567 Kingston Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11203
BrooklynGrades: K-12 | 363 students
20 Bergen Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
New YorkGrades: 4-12 | 235 students
126 West 17th Street
New York, NY 10011
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?