Iona Preparatory School
- Iona Prep is a school with a delightful, warm and diverse student body.
- Today, Iona Prep continues to fulfill this vision and develop young men who are exceptionally well prepared for college while possessing the moral core necessary to be a leader in a society that often does not promote Catholic values.
- Our Christian Brother education, which permeates the entire program at Iona Prep, is counter-cultural.
- Iona Prep educates young men at a time in which self-promotion, consumerism, selfishness and personal gratification are the most visible values that adolescents see.
- In contrast, the Essential Elements of a Christian Brothers' education defines an education which gives our young men the courage, moral strength and intellectual tools to be leaders in todays society.
Iona Preparatory School places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2001, 2002|
|Total Students||840 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||66 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||16 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(traditional jacket, tie, slacks)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,400|
|Tuition Notes||Includes tuition, all fees, books|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
|Admissions Director||Barbara Robertson|
|Admissions Associate||Laurette Miccoli|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Crew, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||27 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Bagpipes, Campus Ministry, Christian Service, Film Club, Gael Force (Newspaper), Gaelic Society, Gamers Republic, Habitat for Humanity, Italian Club, Jazz Ensemble, Math Team, Mock Trial, Music Club, Music Ministry, Peer Counseling, Philosophy Club, Photography Club, Prep Players and Stage Crew, Prep Reps, Recording Studio, Rock Climbing, Rock Ensemble, S.A.D.D., Spanish Club, Speech and Debate, Yearbook|
- An application, admissions test is required, with a 3 year academic record, standardized test results, and teacher or guidance counselor recommendations. The TACHS [ Test for Admissions to Catholic High Schools] or the ISEE [Independent School Entrance Exam] will satisfy the admissions test reqirement.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- White Plains Grades: 9-12 | 792 students
950 Mamaroneck Ave
White Plains, NY 10605
(914)946-4800 3.8 9-12
- Middle Village Grades: 9-12 | 724 students
6802 Metropolitan Ave
Middle Village, NY 11379
(718)366-7400 17.7 9-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.