- As a Jesuit, all-male, Catholic, college preparatory school, Fordham Prep's mission is to inspire young men to reflect, to question, to learn, to pray, to love, to serve, to lead.
- Since 1841, we have based our challenging curriculum and pursuit of human and academic excellence on a foundation of Catholic faith and principles.
- We seek to be one community created from a broad spectrum of ethnic, racial, geographic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- We strive to include qualified students of limited financial resources by providing substantial financial assistance. Our faculty and staff dedicate themselves to a caring and dynamic interaction with students both inside and outside the classroom, a characteristic of Jesuit education for over 450 years.
- We educate our students to be men for others: spiritually motivated, intellectually accomplished and committed to promoting justice.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Jesuit Secondary Education Association (JSEA)
National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1015 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||87 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1290|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Dress shirt, tie, pants & shoes)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,960|
|Tuition Notes||Fordham Prep provides over $3.8 million in financial assistance each year.|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mr. Bradley Serton|
|Total Sports Offered||19 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Crew, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Rugby, Soccer, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Diving,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||60 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Anime/Trading Card Club, Arrested Development Club, Art and Publicity, Asian Club, Aviation Club, Bluegrass Club, Building Bridges Club, Business School Boot Camp Club, Campus Ministry, Chemistry Club, Chess Club, Choir, Classics Club, Computer Club, Culinary Club, Diversity Alliance, Dramatics/Stage Crew, Eastern Europe Club, Engineering Club, FP T.V. Club, Fitness Center, Frisbee Club, Greenhouse/Environment Club, Hellenic Society, Irish Club, Italian Club, Jazz Ensemble, Just Serve Club, Kawaida Club, Literary Magazine, Liturgical Choir, Liturgical Life Team, Marine Biology Club, Math Team, Mathletics Club, Meditation Club, Military History Club, Mock Trial Club, Model U.N. Club, NYC Explorers Club, National Honor Society, Newspaper, Operation Smile, Photography Club, Red Cross Club, Scale Modeling Club, Scary Movie Club, Service Immersion Trips, Simpsons Club, Ski & Ride Club, Soccer Club, Spanish Club, Speech & Debate Team, Sports Debate Club, Sports Journalism Club, Student Government, Theatre Orchestra, Yearbook, Young Democrats Club, Young Republicans Club Asian Club, Aviation Club, Bluegrass Club, Chemistry Club, Chess Club, Choir, Classics Club, Computer Club, Culinary Club, FP T.V. Club, Fitness Center, Frisbee Club, Irish Club, Italian Club, Jazz Ensemble, Kawaida Club, Math Team, Newspaper, Red Cross Club, Simpsons Club, Soccer Club, Spanish Club, Yearbook, Anime/Trading Card Club,
Arrested Development Club,
Art and Publicity,
Building Bridges Club,
Business School Boot Camp Club,
Eastern Europe Club,
Just Serve Club,
Liturgical Life Team,
Marine Biology Club,
Military History Club,
Mock Trial Club,
Model U.N. Club,
NYC Explorers Club,
National Honor Society,
Scale Modeling Club,
Scary Movie Club,
Service Immersion Trips,
Ski & Ride Club,
Speech & Debate Team,
Sports Debate Club,
Sports Journalism Club,
Young Democrats Club,
Young Republicans Club,
Faith, Scholarship and Service are the foundations of Jesuit education. Praying, studying and working together: the spirit of magis and cura personalis inspires our communal life.
- Magis ("greater") is a distinctive aspect of Jesuit education, and expresses the responsibility to seek a greater realization of our potential and mission, and to strive for excellence in all things. Fordham Prep is dedicated to the development of a curriculum and community that call forth the best from students and staff for the greater glory of God.
- Cura personalis ("care of the individual") is the Jesuit resolve to know and treat each person as an individual made in the image and likeness of God. Cura personalis encourages students and staff to build relationships, both in and out of the classroom, based on dignity, respect and trust.
- Diversity Our students live in the Bronx, Westchester, Manhattan, Queens, Long Island, Putnam, Dutchess and Orange counties, Connecticut and New Jersey. They come from a wide range of ethnic, racial, geographic, economic and religious backgrounds.
- Our Location Fordham Prep is located in the Bronx on the 85-acre Rose Hill Campus of Fordham University, adjacent to Fordham Road, Metro North and the New York Botanical Garden. Our students travel to school each day by Metro North trains, Westchester and NYC buses, subway, car and on foot.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New RochelleGrades: 9-12 | 771 students
255 Wilmot Road
New Rochelle, NY 10804
White PlainsGrades: 9-12 | 800 students
950 Mamaroneck Ave
White Plains, NY 10605
BronxGrades: 9-12 | 939 students
650 Grand Concourse
Bronx, NY 10451
BronxGrades: 9-12 | 663 students
111 E 164th St
Bronx, NY 10452
BronxGrades: 7-12 | 820 students
4300 Murdock Ave
Bronx, NY 10466
This is a school in which people allow you to succeed at whatever you try and challenge you with all of the courses you take.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Patrick McDermott