Fordham Preparatory School
- Top Ranked NY School
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 960 students
- Yearly Tuition: $21,560
- Acceptance rate: 50%
- Average class size: 21 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 11
Fordham Preparatory School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
Academics and Faculty
(Dress shirt, tie, blazer, pants & shoes)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Club or Organization:
Business School Boot Camp Club, Chemistry Club, Chess Club, Culinary Club, Eastern Europe Club, Greenhouse/Environment Club, Hellenic Society, Liturgical Life Team, Meditation Club, Military History Club, Operation Smile, Photography Club, Scary Movie Club, Soccer Club, Sports Debate Club, Sports Journalism Club, Young Republicans Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Jazz Ensemble, Theatre Orchestra
Faith, Scholarship and Service are the foundations of Jesuit education. Praying, studying and working together: the spirit of magis and cura personalis inspires our communal life.
- Magis ("greater") is a distinctive aspect of Jesuit education, and expresses the responsibility to seek a greater realization of our potential and mission, and to strive for excellence in all things. Fordham Prep is dedicated to the development of a curriculum and community that call forth the best from students and staff for the greater glory of God.
- Cura personalis ("care of the individual") is the Jesuit resolve to know and treat each person as an individual made in the image and likeness of God. Cura personalis encourages students and staff to build relationships, both in and out of the classroom, based on dignity, respect and trust.
- Diversity Our students live in the Bronx, Westchester, Manhattan, Queens, Long Island, Putnam, Dutchess and Orange counties, Connecticut and New Jersey. They come from a wide range of ethnic, racial, geographic, economic and religious backgrounds.
- Our Location Fordham Prep is located in the Bronx on the historic 85-acre Rose Hill Campus adjacent to Fordham University. The campus is easily accessible via MetroNorth train, bus, subway, and car.
Endorse Fordham Preparatory School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards