Cardinal Hayes High School
- The mission of Cardinal Hayes High School is to provide a challenging Catholic education to young men of the Metropolitan area by encouraging unique talents and fostering self-development.
- Cardinal Hayes High School seeks to inspire students to strive for personal excellence and responsible citizenship rooted within a Catholic framework and traditional Gospel values.
- We work to accomplish this goal through a rigorous program of academics, extra-curricular activities, discipline and spiritual growth.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||945 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki/grey pants, shirt, tie, and jacket)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,200|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition payments can be made in ten monthly installments of $620. Additionally, a student must pay a one-time $100 registration fee, and a $450 Activity fee.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mr. Craig Joseph, Class of '99|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx Grades: 6-12 | 761 students
4300 Murdock Ave
Bronx, NY 10466
(718) 515-6400 6.8 6-12
- Bronx Grades: K-12 | 45 students
1734 Williamsbridge Road
Bronx, NY 10461
(718) 792-5665 4.4 K-12
Great School discipline education staff facilities second to none. Highly recommend !!!!!!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Tommy
This is an excellent school. My son is getting the best education and nurturing from the staff and his peers. I looked at several schools and I am so glad that I selected Hayes. It is well worth the money.
- Posted by Parent - Proud Mom
Very best boys School in NYC. Teachers and staff are caring, concerned. The discipline is key in helping boys become men. The comradeship in this school is an example to follow. Great communication with parents, the parent portal is awesome for keeping track of your sons progress. Unlike other schools you meet with teachers more than once a year. So sad that my son is graduating but I love the person they have helped to mold. UpHayes and all its loyal men!
- Posted by Parent - Lilly