St Charles Borromeo School
Tel: (212) 368-6666
- At St Charles Borromeo School, We believe that the child is a citizen of two worlds, the temporal and the spiritual.
- We believe, that as a citizen of these two worlds, the child must be able to live this present life fully, so as to attain his or her destiny.
- Every child is a unique creation of God, endowed with gifts and talents to be nurtured and developed.
- It is our purpose to teach the child the academic subjects for success in the contemporary world and, equally important, to guide and direct his or her spiritual, moral, and emotional growth.
- We commit ourselves to the development of the whole child body and soul, heart and mind.
- Technology is a new basic in today's classrooms and used responsibly and with the guidance of parents and teachers can enhance traditional classroom activities.
- It strengthens teaching and learning. To prepare our students for a computer-based world, St. Charles Borromeo School needs to upgrade its current technology.
- At the present time there are thirty computers in the school, all located in the computer lab.
- To fully integrate technology into the students' curriculum there need to be three to five computers in every classroom from Kindergarten through eighth grade.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||326 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: PK-8 | 241 students
55 West 138th Street
New York, NY 10037
(212) 283-4848 0.3 PK-8
- New York Grades: PK-10 | 30 students
2116 7th Avenue
New York, NY 10027
(212) 222-7798 0.8 PK-10
- New York Grades: PK-8 | 148 students
70 E 129th St
New York, NY 10035
(212) 427-7900 0.8 PK-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.